Sign in to follow this  
MarkSC

Simbuddy.com--Anyone Use?

Anyone using Simbuddy?  I tried it a year or so ago and wasn't that impressed.  However, I gave it another try and am glad I did.  The VA function, although still in beta, is really neat.  It is exactly what I have been looking for to add some purpose to flying without being too boring like most VAs.  Anyone still wishing for FSPassengers to be released for P3d v4 should give it a try for sure.  It takes just minutes to create your own airline and routes.  Then you can either fly solo or recruit other pilots.  I created a simple airline and am flying solo from a base at LOWI.  Simbuddy simulates monthly overhead costs, which are realistic but quite high with me as the sole pilot.  (A typical route from LOWI might net $5,000 profit, but the monthly overhead is over $120,000, so you do the math.)  However, the dev promises that he will very soon release a template that allows users to customize all costs and other aspects of the VA. This will allow one to build a career from small planes to the heavies if one desires. The in-flight interface is slick, with lots of options to manage the flight crew and passengers.  The best feature is the report card you receive on flight's end.  If the passengers are happy, they reward you with reputation, which will increase your earnings.  It gives one a real purpose to fly. 

Over the years, I have tried all of the career add-ons like Air Hauler, FSPassenger, FSEconomy, etc., as well as numerous VAs.  In my opinion, Simbuddy is the best of the bunch. I am currently using just the free subscription, which limits the number of routes available.  However, I plan to upgrade to the paid subscription once the custom template is released.

Yep, I use them frequently as well and pay the monthly. I use both SimBuddy and ProjectFly regularly, often at the same time as to keep my flight data “in the cloud”. It seems SimBuddy has targeted aviation in general and ProjectFly for the heavies. I think the VA portion needs some more work along with the electronic elevator music when boarding. But yes...I agree the dev is churning away at something good. I also really like SimBuddy gateway app, starts up with the computer, logs in automatically and will detect the sim. Set it up and forgot it.

Although really wish these devs would communicate and work together more. Seems like there are lots of similar “products” coming out lately.

• Upvote 1