Sign in to follow this  
gordong

Gtn750 and native vr x plane 11

I've just installed the rxp gtn750 and using it in the carenado bonanza f33a x plane 11 version. I am running the latest beta. I've read the included manual cover to cover but cannot find any guide as to how I operate this in vr. It shows up on the panel but I can't use any of the touch controls with the rift controller. I even enabled the mouse which I don't use as it affects the frame rate but that didn't work either. In non vr mode it works fine but I purchased this to use in vr. I've seen youtube videos of people using it in vr as a pop up window, is this the only way it works if so I'm disappointed and would not have parted with 50 dollars.

Before purchase I scoured the forums and read an entry by one of the rxp guys that the touch screen was indeed working in vr but I have found otherwise. I hope it's just a mistake on my part and there is a simple remedy.

Thanks Gordon.

What I do is to use the pop out window and position and resize it so it covers the 3d model in the panel. Then you can use the touch screen

@gordong please understand this is XPlane limitation only, not offering the means for third party plugins to implement any form of touch screen, or even more generally 3D mouse inputs (the later are possible only when pre-compiled into the 3D model as specific mouse triggers)

In non-VR, I've documented in these fora we do use a trick which consists in creating an invisible XPlane plugin window covering the entire XPlane screen for the sole purpose of capturing mouse events.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thanks for replying. I have done what Sammy explained and it is working great, I love it, I'm sure sometime in the future using touch screen will be available. It's worth every penny and glad I bought it. I've tried the default c172 mod to get the twin gtn750 work but no joy, it tells me there are errors and problems with the vr config file. The gauges are in place but when I try to start the 0 lane x plane 11 freezes and I have to ctrl ,  alt, delete to close it down.  The mod is a couple of years old so is maybe not compatible now. Back to searching online for a fix. Thanks again.

Hi, v2.5.11 introduces an experimental VR touch support hack, v2.5.12 (upcoming) will have this as standard feature improving on the implementation!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)