Sign in to follow this  
mwilk

A-10 or Harrier?

I’m about to venture into DCS World for the first time. Any opinions on which is the better aircraft to start with?

Edited by mwilk

NAX669.png

@mwilk 
I ventured into this fantastic sim, a few months ago. I started with the F/A-18C Hornet and it's quite frankly amazing! 

I know, that it isn't what you were asking for - but since you're starting up with DCS, and by that don't have any aircraft yet, I thought it would be a suggestion...

I have no idea about the learning curve for either of these aircrafts, though...

Edited by Anders Bermann
  • Upvote 2

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

if  you do decide  on getting  the dcs  hornet  dont  forget  its  still not  finished  yet   eg  no  ground  radar   yet   and  things  are  still being  developed  for  it   but i  would  go  for  the  hornet. And  you need  the  dcs 2.5  open beta  for the  hornet  untill they  fix  the issues  and  than  release  it  for  the normal  version. And  if  want  to be  more  relaistic  and  to be  more  easy  to  fly  you be  better  off  getting  a hotas  stick  and  throttle   thrustmaster  set  up  since  there  are  a few  buttons   that  you need  to  select

Edited by pete_auau
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Oh, yearh... I forgot to mention, that it was an early release version.
Thanks, @pete_auau

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I had the A10C for a long time already and it is amazing. Very capable, light on the frames and still beautiful. It is complex to learn, but a joy to operate once you get the hang of things.

Regarding the Harrier, it was in my wishlist for a while and considering that it is being sold now for 32 Euro, I have just bought it. Will try it this weekend!

• Like 2

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

1 hour ago, Anders Bermann said:

Oh, yearh... I forgot to mention, that it was an early release version.
Thanks, @pete_auau

yea   going  by  the  forum they might  release  the hornet   to the  stable  version in the  next  2  weeks  or  so,  since its  release  i  havnt  even   looked  at  fsx   too busy   practicing  my  trapping at  night:)   i  also  got  the  a10  and  the  mirage2000 as  well   for  dcs   so  this  is  keeping  my  busy

• Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

The A-10 Is complete and includes all developed features.The Harrier is still in Beta state but has enough features to still be fun to learn and The STOVL is Awesome!!!

At 50% off I'd get both😉 

• Like 1

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

I started with the f 18 and it is fantastic. Love it in vr and with  out vr.

I logged in yesterday and ever thing was half priced  so got the huey,a 10 and the harrier.

So going to be a good weekend. 

Regards ted kiser 

• Like 1

I'd say go with the A10, it takes a while to master all the weaponry and such, so an aeroplane which is relatively simple to fly is a bonus in that regard. The real A10's flight handling characteristics were specifically designed to be simple so it could be flown by someone with little more experience of aircraft types than some fairly low hours in a Cessna.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

3 hours ago, Chock said:

I'd say go with the A10, it takes a while to master all the weaponry and such, so an aeroplane which is relatively simple to fly is a bonus in that regard. The real A10's flight handling characteristics were specifically designed to be simple so it could be flown by someone with little more experience of aircraft types than some fairly low hours in a Cessna.

I just snagged the A-10 and the basic flight training module along with one of the combat modules. I'll get the Harrier before the sale ends next month.

• Like 1

NAX669.png