Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Any good resources for Airport gate information?

I do a lot of commercial flying from big airports like KSFO, VHHH, VTBS, RKSI, KLAX, etc. Is there a way to find out what gates are used for which airline company and what airplane size the gate caters to? I want to be able to start my flight from a gate that resembles the real world when I do my initial flight planning. Where do you guys go to get this information?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I use SimStarterNG - when selecting a start location it displays airline codes and gate sizes. You can filter by the airline you wish to use and the select a gate that suits.

Edited by johnnycrockett

Johnny Crockett
7700K @5ghz | Asus GTX 1070 | G.Skill 16GB 3600 | P3D V4

I just use Google Maps 3D view, you can see pretty much everything including what livery is parked where and aircraft types, and it is the most up to date resource I can think of

Matthew Kane

Flightaware usually tells you the Gate numbers of completed flights - although sometimes you only get the terminal number.  I use this as the source for my planning

2 hours ago, johnnycrockett said:

I use SimStarterNG ......

for P3D4.X ??

my best is to use pete's makerunways (for the g5.csv) to see what your sim's afcad expects ... of course, the integrity of stock & / or payware airports may vary from the real (flightaware) but most "premium" addons are not far off the real.

Edited by vadriver

for now, cheers

john martin

You can simply google "XXXX (ICAO airport code) gates" and either go to the actual airport website or check the Wiki page that pops up. It usually has a thorough description of the airport as well describing the terminals used by the various airlines. If you're looking for particular gates I'm not sure there's anything out there that can provide that information and would gladly like to know about something that does.

I'm currently on a KJFK - KMSY hop and the Louis Armstrong site (flymsy/terminals) told me that Concourse C is used for Jetblue (along with a ton of others) and that Concourse A has been closed to the public.

Cheers!

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

For free? Use:

https://www.flightview.com/airport/OMA-Omaha-NE/departures

Select airport and select a specific airline.

For payware? Flightstats. Unfortunately, this requires a subscription but it's only a couple bucks a month US. Then go to a specific airport and sort the departures in "all day" mode by gate. This is the most accurate and up to date method.

Edited by jabloomf1230

If you need info on what goes on what stand at EGCC (Manchester Intn'l), or where a specific airliner type is most likely to load/offload when there, just ask me. I can probably help with that. I daresay there will be other airports which Avsim members can also help you with.. 🙂

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I use Foreflight (https://www.foreflight.com/) ... you'll need an account to login (payware).  Once I select my airport(s) of interest I right click the airport on the map and scroll down to Scheduled Arrivals or Scheduled Departures ... this will then bring up my FlightAware account listing all the Departures (or arrivals pending my selection from foreflight).  In FlightAware you'll see the aircraft listings (carrier) and type of aircraft and their source/destination and departure/arrival times.  If you click on the aircraft you're interested in, it will tell you what Gate they're at and/or what gate they left if they are currently taxing out ... even tells you the estimated arrival gate at destination.

https://flightaware.com/live/airport/KSFO/scheduled/departures

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: you can skip the foreflight aspect if you know the airport(s) you're interested in and just use FlightAware ... Foreflight just makes it a little easier with direct links to FlightAware and one stop shop for flight planning.  Foreflight will even tell you what type of fuel is available which should match up with GSX refuel options.

Something that im always searching for also, i used SimstarterNG as Johnny suggested for P3D but for XP we dont have it...all the resources shared here are good for US but for Europe is way more harder!!

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

10 hours ago, vadriver said:

for P3D4.X ??

my best is to use pete's makerunways (for the g5.csv) to see what your sim's afcad expects ... of course, the integrity of stock & / or payware airports may vary from the real (flightaware) but most "premium" addons are not far off the real.

Yes, in P3D 4.2. In V3 and FSX before that it was brilliant for memory management. Now I use it to start other programs and it's profiles etc.

Johnny Crockett
7700K @5ghz | Asus GTX 1070 | G.Skill 16GB 3600 | P3D V4

Although this takes a bit more time, check out the local vatsim regional websites.  For major airports you'll usually find very well documented procedures both for pilots and ATC.  They'll usually have gate and parking information, as well as typical runway operations and taxi routes.

Andrew Farmer

My flight sim blog: Fly, Farmer, Fly!

Flying for Delta Virtual, I check the RW Delta flight status page.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

19 hours ago, captain420 said:

I do a lot of commercial flying from big airports like KSFO, VHHH, VTBS, RKSI, KLAX, etc. Is there a way to find out what gates are used for which airline company and what airplane size the gate caters to? I want to be able to start my flight from a gate that resembles the real world when I do my initial flight planning. Where do you guys go to get this information?

If you have GSX and start a flight from the runway you can go into the parking menu and it will give you an option to select a gate for your airline provided you have the parking code info in your aircrafts cfg file for the plane your flying. Same for when you land, you can have GSX give you a parking option for the gate that corresponds to your airline.

Or, for free, just open the departure and arrival airport AFCADS using ADE and get the gate numbers from it that are for your airline.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Since I mostly fly 777, 787, 747 and sometimes A320, 737. The gates I choose will have to be able to fit one of those planes and match it in the real world. I also use flightaware for other things but never thought about using it to find gate information. Sure beats going to the different airport sites and checking each and every one. A centralized location for this sort of stuff would be nice.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU