Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Cape Town (FACT) finally getting some FSDG love

53 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Hi Jonathan,

I have it installed in V4 - I install outside of the sim and add it, 

Aeroworx also do a landclass for South Africa which I also have installed.  Works well. 

Thanks for that, I’ll definitley get it installed over the next few days. I notice the scenery is uploaded to the library in parts, I take it you install each part one at a time and layer it up? I also install all non compatible things outside of the sim, it works well. 

Thanks, 

Jonathan

- Jonathan Daley

Just do the usual Readme's & you will be good to go. 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

32 minutes ago, Jonathan93102 said:

I notice the scenery is uploaded to the library in parts, 

Yh, it's a bit awkward, but they did mesh for the whole of Africa, so you have to decide on the bits you want.  Installation is also a bit of a fiddle as the downloaded files have their own installers, so just install to an external folder and add it.

1 hour ago, Wobbie said:

Have a look at http://triengtrieng.webs.com/apps/links/

For even more free scenery that is compatible with Aeroworx

22 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Yh, it's a bit awkward, but they did mesh for the whole of Africa, so you have to decide on the bits you want.  Installation is also a bit of a fiddle as the downloaded files have their own installers, so just install to an external folder and add it.

Thanks for the information, I’ll try my best to get it working without any issues, that’s half the fun hah. I suppose Table Top Mountain will be included in it somewhere? Also the Land Class would go fellow all the other terrain features. 

Thanks for the help, 

Jonathan

- Jonathan Daley

8 minutes ago, Jonathan93102 said:

I suppose Table Top Mountain will be included in it somewhere?

604 is the mesh you want which covers the Cape Town region (i think) .  Apart from the southern Cape Pensinsula (which seems a bit flat), Table Mountain is well modelled.

9 hours ago, ErichB said:

604 is the mesh you want which covers the Cape Town region (i think) .  Apart from the southern Cape Pensinsula (which seems a bit flat), Table Mountain is well modelled.

I just thought I’d let you know I’ve instslled the Mesh for the Cape Town area and it is very nice. I’m impressed, it really makes flying look much nicer in that region having some nice scenery. Thanks for the info, I’m now looking forward to the release of FSDG FACT. 

Thanks, 

Jonathan. 

• Like 1

- Jonathan Daley

13 hours ago, Jonathan93102 said:

I just thought I’d let you know I’ve instslled the Mesh for the Cape Town area and it is very nice. I’m impressed, it really makes flying look much nicer in that region having some nice scenery. Thanks for the info, I’m now looking forward to the release of FSDG FACT. 

Thanks, 

Jonathan. 

Great.

Look for the Aeroworx scenery that covers coastlines and also the Aeroworx Landclass and vector files.  You'll get some of the Cape beaches and some more defining features in the Cape area.