Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

SODE 1.6.3 update, reinstall scenerys?

I noticed when updating to latest version, at least Taxi2gate and DDdesign scenery has to be reinstalled. 

Any one else having this? 

simobject folder inside SODE folder was empty upon the 1.6.3.installation on top. 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

28 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Any one else having this?

My T2G & DD sceneries still show.

Yes, I had the same problem. Was having issues with jetways not showing up at FT KBOS, and my last troubleshooting step was to uninstall SODE, delete 12bpilot folder from appdata, reinstall SODE, and no simobjects. In-sim, the only option in the SODE menu was "Test DLL Connection!".

FORTUNATELY, I kept a backup of SODE simobjects folder, so I just copied it back into SODE, so I didn't have to install all my addons that use SODE.

I have to say, I'm really tired of payware scenery that requires freeware addons to be able to use all functions of the scenery!

Kind Regards,

• Like 2

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

3 hours ago, somiller said:

I have to say, I'm really tired of payware scenery that requires freeware addons to be able to use all functions of the scenery!

SODE is free to the end user, but there is a cost to developers. Often, a 3rd party airport developer will ask the developer of SODE to create custom jetways for the airport. This task is not done for free. SODE, in my opinion is very high quality software and is becoming the industry standard for animated objects. This is certainly a lot better than the previous hodgepodge of different techniques form ORBX, Aerosoft and individual airport developers. It's really amazing what can be done with SODE, including windsocks to realistically respond to wind speed and direction, seasonally variability of vegetation, buildings and vehicles, puddles that show up only while raining, movable hangar doors and of course, realistic jetways.

Jay,

Good information, thanks.

One of the steps to solve my problem at KBOS was to select "Standard Ctrl J" in the FT Configurator, and that gave me my jetways. Visually I couldn't tell the difference between standard and SODE...obviously there would be operational differences. I was able to solve the missing SODE jetways problems, but to be honest, I'm not sure how...I think it was a situation where the jetways .xml file was commented out, and so was the .bgl for standard jetways. Not sure how that would have happened, but all is well now.

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

My only issue with SODE 1.6.3 is that FlightBeam keeps telling me SODE is not installed (it is installed and Registered).  Have no gates showing at KSFO.  Probably need to reinstall those sceneries too.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

16 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

My only issue with SODE 1.6.3 is that FlightBeam keeps telling me SODE is not installed (it is installed and Registered).  Have no gates showing at KSFO.  Probably need to reinstall those sceneries too.

Check the folder:

C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml

and for example, for KSFO, make sure that you have a file Flightbeam_KSFOHD.xml

Then take a look at:

C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects\Flightbeam_KSFOHD

and make sure all the jetway models are present.

If anything is missing and the Flightbeam configurator utility has jetways radio button set to SODE, then reinstall the specific airport and look again at the two airport-specific folders. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

and make sure all the jetway models are present.

If anything is missing and the Flightbeam configurator utility has jetways radio button set to SODE, then reinstall the specific airport and look again at the two airport-specific folders.

Thanks Jay for the excellent explanation!  I replaced my MB twice in the past week and, although the FlightBeam airports appear to be operating correctly as they were added via the addon.xml left over from a previous installation, and the FB utility indicates all is well except for SODE, I think a reinstall is in order.  Will reinstall the DD and other commercial addon airports too.

Another issue:  I thought the SODE 1.6.3 program would automatically add the necessary entries into the appropriate dll.xml and/or exe.xml and it did not.  I had to manually enter an entry I found via Google in the dll.xml (Roaming folder).  There's nothing in any exe.xml.  I will get it working properly soon.  Just too many other things to take care of now.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Update - reinstalled FB airports and now see gates but FB utility still indicates SODE is not installed.  Not a problem since everything seems to be working!

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

On 7/10/2018 at 9:07 AM, Jim Young said:

Thanks Jay for the excellent explanation!  I replaced my MB twice in the past week and, although the FlightBeam airports appear to be operating correctly as they were added via the addon.xml left over from a previous installation, and the FB utility indicates all is well except for SODE, I think a reinstall is in order.  Will reinstall the DD and other commercial addon airports too.

Another issue:  I thought the SODE 1.6.3 program would automatically add the necessary entries into the appropriate dll.xml and/or exe.xml and it did not.  I had to manually enter an entry I found via Google in the dll.xml (Roaming folder).  There's nothing in any exe.xml.  I will get it working properly soon.  Just too many other things to take care of now. 

The airport data for your DD airports won't be found in SODE's xml folder, but rather in the sdx folder, as DD uses a compiled (.sdx) version of the xml files.

SODE does not any longer load via the dll.xml or exe.xml files!!  Don't add another reference in there or it may try to run two instances, which is bad juju.

SODE now loads via an entry in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg which points to an add-on.xml file located in C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\P3Dv4

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Thanks Bob. 

2 hours ago, w6kd said:

SODE now loads via an entry in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg which points to an add-on.xml file located in C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\P3Dv4

So my Addon Organizer shows, under Other Addons, the following.  Supposedly the magenta color indicates the path is incorrect but, if I try to change the path the entry gets worse and shows another component#, like component#5 and gets rid of component #1 and 2.  The installation is not for the faint-hearted...  I suspect these entries should be removed.  I will get rid of the entry in the dll.xml.  The add-on.xml is in the SODE P3DV4 folder as you state.  There is also a link to the SODE P3DV4 folder in ProgramData/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D/addon-ons.cfg.

SODE.PNG.58202761e7611e1d36e8e52911d38926.PNG

Submit News to AVSIM