Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Which version of KSEA/KJFK/KMIA is better?

3 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Recently I bought the Dzrewiecki Design Seattle Airports and City. I like to do delivery flights, so having the two Boeing factories in this package was a big plus for me. I must say, picking up my new QW 787 at Paine Field was really something. The airfield is packed with aircraft in various stages of construction - even the interiors of the big factory hall are modelled. I am really looking forward to picking up a 737 at King County International next.

The city also seems to be of high quality. Not having enough time on my hands I travelled to KSEA in my mind. Once there I fired up the sim and boarded a Carenado Turbo Commander as a passenger, to be flown to Paine Field by AI (so I was able to look out of the nice passenger cabin all the time). During this short flight I had ample time to study the scenery, and it looked beautiful. Approach and landing in Paine Field was a sight to behold, with all that colorful big iron parked outside. Upon leaving the Commander, I took a tour of the airfiled in my invisible camera pod, taking in the sights. My new 787 was already waiting for me at the delivery gate 117, so once I was done sight seeing, I boarded it and flew it to Munich, with a short stop-over at Niagara Falls (Aerosoft). A very nice trip to be remembered.

Best regards

I couldn't agree more about the DD KSEA area and airports, and having the DD Seattle City scenery makes it AWESOME!  I really like the DD Miami City Scenery as well.  As for DD New York... nah, FSDT and (believe it or not) the Imagine Sim KLGA.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

LatinVFR's KMIA is the only P3Dv4 KMIA that I know of.   I think DD's scenery is everything else (?)  -- but I do not have it.  Possibly it has other local airports, like Opa Lock/Opa Locka West, but I'd have to check on that.

Anyway, I enjoy LatinVFR's KMIA.  It's almost my home base as I do a lot of flying to and from Central America.  As such, I have quite a few LatinVFR sceneries.  Their KMIA is their finest, as Dan said, and that's my opinion of their KMIA as well.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Found the answer as to KMIA (excerpt from Drzewiecki Design site):

• Lite, up-to-date airports of KMIA, KTMB and KOPF, each with a separate Scenery Library input for an easy deactivation and an extremely FPS-friendly design

• Start locations for 10 helipads (2FA0, 9FA8, 64FL, 71FL, FA76, FD00, FD23, FL83, FL93, X48), one sea plane base (X44) and one closed airport (X46) included

• Basic night version

Compatibility:

• This product is compatible with mesh, landclass and vector add-ons. It is also compatible with KMIA Miami Intl. Airport scenery by Latin VFR.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

1 hour ago, Skywolf said:

Can the DD KSEA package be used on top of Orbx PNW?

"Seattle Airports X is compatible with Seattle City X by Drzewiecki Design, all ORBX products, all PILOT’S products and all Megascenery products. It can also be used together with KSEA Seattle-Tacoma by Taxi2Gate."

• Like 1

I don't get the last part, what do they mean it can be used with Taxi2Gate KSEA? Wouldn't having to KSEA airports conflict with each other and whats the point of having duplicates?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

1 minute ago, captain420 said:

I don't get the last part, what do they mean it can be used with Taxi2Gate KSEA? Wouldn't having to KSEA airports conflict with each other and whats the point of having duplicates?

Thats means, if you only have Seattle X city and the Seatlle airports version 1 that does not contain KSEA, T2G KSEA is compatiable

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

And you can also install DD's Seattle airports v1.2 by unchecking KSEA and then use T2G's KSEA.

From what I can tell the DD version of KSEA does not support dynamic lighting is that true? I'm still debating over DD or T2G...

- Aaron

I don’t have the dd version, but I don’t think it supports dynamic lighting either. 

Orman