Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

FFPS:FFTF question

I have been a beta tester for this product  and many of my suggestions were inplemented.

When flying very low or on the ground at a very detailed airport the FFTF value is low. Maximum performance. 

When flying and climbing the FFTF value will rise so blurries will be prevented.

Also there is the possibility of using min/max framerates to dynamically change the FFTF value.

All settings/values can be set to your preferences.

Most of you know that I have a triple view setup and I have to be very carefull with my settings to avoid framerate loss or experiencing blurries.

I now can fly over FTX Germany + AS EDDF Pro + Prealsoft Frankfurt in bad weather with Nico’s Live Traffic without very low fps and without blurries.  My settings : AGL mode , FFTF 0.05 on the ground going up to 0.4 at 4000 ft.

Not often I am really impressed by new Fs products , but this is something that I am using with every flight over the last couple of months and it still does..,

Regards, Gerard

Edited by Jim Young
Link to store removed as it violates our no Advertising Policy

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Sounds great, let's spend some money ....

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

On 3/17/2018 at 2:41 AM, GSalden said:

I have been a beta tester for this product  and many of my suggestions were inplemented.

When flying very low or on the ground at a very detailed airport the FFTF value is low. Maximum performance. 

When flying and climbing the FFTF value will rise so blurries will be prevented.

Also there is the possibility of using min/max framerates to dynamically change the FFTF value.

All settings/values can be set to your preferences.

Most of you know that I have a triple view setup and I have to be very carefull with my settings to avoid framerate loss or experiencing blurries.

I now can fly over FTX Germany + AS EDDF Pro + Prealsoft Frankfurt in bad weather with Nico’s Live Traffic without very low fps and without blurries.  My settings : AGL mode , FFTF 0.05 on the ground going up to 0.4 at 4000 ft.

Not often I am really impressed by new Fs products , but this is something that I am using with every flight over the last couple of months and it still does..,

Regards, Gerard

Thanks for HU. It sounds promising, but I'm a bit hesitant, as I have not so good experiences with "on-flight-tweakers" until now. But I will check the product description and wait for other comments.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I used their product "Fiber Accelerator" for FSX, which is at least very similar, and I liked it. Never flew without.

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

32 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

FPSFPTFTSFTPFTPFPSPFTPF

that'll be version 2.

Streaming at twitch.tv/brynmwr

1 hour ago, Bryn said:

that'll be version 2.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Hi ?Does this work with unlimited fps?

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

3 hours ago, willy647 said:

Sounds great, let's spend some money ....

Received the email notification yesterday. Purchased and installed last night. Can’t wait to set it up and give it a try later today. Sounds very promising and based on known facts and experiences in the FS Community. However, the fact that the FFTF value is adjusted dynamically during a flight scenario is a novel approach and, without doubt, is what persuaded me to go ahead. Fingers crossed!

Mike

47 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Thanks Michael Moe 

1.)    Unlimited frames + VSync enabled + TB enabled

2.)    Unlimited frames + VSync enabled + TB enabled + external limiter

3.)    Unlimited frames + VSync disabled + TB disabled

4.)    Locked frames  ( VSync + TB settings are ignored  )

There are two options for dynamic FFTF calculation. Frames range and AGL height range.

Frames range option: 

Suggested for unlimited frames + VSync disabled + TB disabled.   

You set the minimum and the maximum frames + FFTF range + times you want FFTF to be updated per sec to Flight Simulator. 

An example can be: Min frames=24, Max Frames=28, FFTF minimum=0.05, FFTF maximum=0.33, times to update per second=1. 

In this case, at 24 frames FFTF will be 0.05, at 26 frames FFTF will be around 0.19 and at 28 frames, FFTF will be 0.33. Below minimum frames set, FFTF will always be 0.05 while above max frames set, FFTF will always be 0.33. 

AGL height range option :

Suggested for the rest options. You set the minimum and maximum AGL altitude + FFTF range. (Times to update per second is not available for AGL height option).  

An example can be: AGL Min=0 feet, AGL Max=5000 feet, FFTF minimum=0.05, FFTF maximum=0.33. 

In this case at 0 feet, FFTF will be 0.05, at 2500 feet FFTF will be 0.19 and at 5000 feet, FFTF will be 0.33. Above 5000 feet FFTF will always be 0.33. 

Every time that the application calculates the new FFTF immediately updates the new FFTF value to Flight Simulator. This is the main reason that we do not need any timer option in this case.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael Moe said:

Thanks Michael Moe 

Watch the link at bottom first so you don't know fully what FFTF does

And this from LM

[MAIN]

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.33

Non-Default entry. This entry will not exist in your Prepar3D.cfg file by default and must be added to the file.

Performance Tuning Tip:

This setting, which defaults to a value of .33 (33%), defines the percentage of each frame that is devoted to loading scenery. Increasing this number can reduce "the blurries", but it can cause stutters, and can also reduce the overall frame rate. Try reducing the number to the lowest level where you still get smooth scenery paging. This will vary depending on disk speed as well as the type of flying, as well as the selected scenery settings.

Also

If you run unlimited even if you have never manually added the tweak your basically setting

[MAIN]

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.01

With any FPS set even 60 you basically adding again even if you don't see the entry, its there but hidden unless you add it manually.

[MAIN]

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.33

I suggest you watch this video to understand it more.

I lock my FPS (24) and have no texture loading problems with framed lock and this added in config.

[MAIN]

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.01

Unless you have bad texture loading problems why you would need to give 0.4=40% per second to loading textures is beyond be. Because texture loading must be very bad to go beyond even the default .33 =33%.

Also when is cruise, it's the least demanding part of your flight, so texture loading should not be a problem. 

Photoreal is the only reason I could think off to dedicate so much of anyone's cpu time per second to try and load the current less perfect loading of photoreal.

Also remember you can add whatever value you like to try manually, but ofc it will not change dynamically. 

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I have the smoothest with VSYNC on and unlimited so the AGL method seems like the way to test here on a 25hz4k tv.

Will buy later and test 0.4 above 5000feet

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

4 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

I have the smoothest with VSYNC on and unlimited so the AGL method seems like the way to test here on a 25hz4k tv.

Will buy later and test 0.4 above 5000feet

Thanks Michael Moe 

Enjoy the FPS hit above 5000ft then. Do you have a texture loading problem? If not you have no reason to try anything.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

3 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Enjoy the FPS hit above 5000ft then. Do you have a texture loading problem? If not you have no reason to try anything.

Hi David 

Not sure but my SLI 970 setup makes high resolution a stopper with alot of places in 4K. Maybe i should try manually first by adding FFTF .

Thanks Michael Moe 

I need a 11gb videocard 🤣😁

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png