Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

FFPS:FFTF question

I still cant fly the FSL A320 into most large aiports, SFO,LAX,LHR,LGW,STN with 4k without stuttering...   

Is this application going to help that >??

Also if it messes with plays with configs files will the fsl start up message keep coming up ?

and finally are we still going to be faffing around with tweaks in 10 years time ??  

it all gives me a headache.  

Edited by tooting
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

4 minutes ago, tooting said:

I still cant fly the FSL A320 into most large aiports, SFO,LAX,LHR,LGW,STN with 4k without stuttering...   

Is this application going to help that >??

Also if it messes with plays with configs files will the fsl start up message keep coming up ?

and finally are we still going to be faffing around with tweaks in 10 years time ??  

it all gives me a headache.  

It will give you fps like with Unlimited + FFTF 0.01 on the ground and better terrain loading while flying ( higher FFTF value ).

Up to now it was a static FFTF , so If you used 0.01 because of a heavy airport you could suffer from blurries when flying.  This utility solves that.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Is this using a hook into the sim?  Is it tied to specific version numbers?

• Upvote 1

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

13 minutes ago, GSalden said:

It will give you fps like with Unlimited + FFTF 0.01 on the ground and better terrain loading while flying ( higher FFTF value ).

Up to now it was a static FFTF , so If you used 0.01 because of a heavy airport you could suffer from blurries when flying.  This utility solves that.

So.. can you tell me what line i need to put in the config file if I buy this application.

and is it going to help with 4k stuttering at big airports ?? im guessing not. 

many thanks, I apolgise in advanced for being short. 

but im sick of these bloody tweaks

I swear if i said I had a cat, someone would pop up and say they got 3 Peruvian tigers.  

Edited by tooting
  • Like 2

14ppkc-6.png

6 hours ago, GSalden said:

I have been a beta tester for this product  and many of my suggestions were inplemented.

Hi Gerard,

Any chance you can elaborate for us on which of your suggestions were implemented? 

Over the years we have come to know that very little gets past you 😀. Like me, and within the limits of our respective capabilities, you are blessed (?) with a mind that drives a need for a greater understanding of how things work and what needs to be done to make them work well. Your passion for Flight Simulation is evident and certainly beyond any dIspute. So, any recommendation from your good self would be most welcome and should be taken seriously.

There is a danger here that some will be making the assumption that this product is the answer to all our woes and will allow good performance in all situations with all options checked and settings maximised. Clearly this is unrealistic and certainly not the case. As before, careful attention to appropriate slider settings will remain mandatory for consistent performance.

My rig spec is quite strong by today’s standards. I don’t experience many performance issues and rarely see any blurries. Most of my flying is done away from busy hubs and when I do approach and enter more demanding areas I have to switch to a more conservative profile to maintain frame rates at acceptable levels (preferably 30+). My hope is that this utility will allow seamless transitions while using my current settings profile for general use (both day and night) without the need to halt the sim and make a switch.

Am I to understand that this utility is best used with an unlimited frame rate setting or can it be used with a fixed value like 30 which is my preference while away from very dense scenery areas? Again, having to switch to unlimited to bring up the frame rate, as the situation demands, is a slight annoyance so it would be good if this utility would allow me to side-step this requirement.

Regards,

Mike

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WarpD said:

Is this using a hook into the sim?  Is it tied to specific version numbers?

P3Dv4

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

2 hours ago, Cruachan said:

Hi Gerard,

Any chance you can elaborate for us on which of your suggestions were implemented? 

Over the years we have come to know that very little gets past you 😀. Like me, and within the limits of our respective capabilities, you are blessed (?) with a mind that drives a need for a greater understanding of how things work and what needs to be done to make them work well. Your passion for Flight Simulation is evident and certainly beyond any dIspute. So, any recommendation from your good self would be most welcome and should be taken seriously.

There is a danger here that some will be making the assumption that this product is the answer to all our woes and will allow good performance in all situations with all options checked and settings maximised. Clearly this is unrealistic and certainly not the case. As before, careful attention to appropriate slider settings will remain mandatory for consistent performance.

My rig spec is quite strong by today’s standards. I don’t experience many performance issues and rarely see any blurries. Most of my flying is done away from busy hubs and when I do approach and enter more demanding areas I have to switch to a more conservative profile to maintain frame rates at acceptable levels (preferably 30+). My hope is that this utility will allow seamless transitions while using my current settings profile for general use (both day and night) without the need to halt the sim and make a switch.

Am I to understand that this utility is best used with an unlimited frame rate setting or can it be used with a fixed value like 30 which is my preference while away from very dense scenery areas? Again, having to switch to unlimited to bring up the frame rate, as the situation demands, is a slight annoyance so it would be good if this utility would allow me to side-step this requirement.

Regards,

Mike

Hi Mike,

The sole purpose is to have the best of 2 ways :

1 Maximum performance on the ground and at approach ( most of the time heavy scenery , like a major airport and a large city nearby )

2 Better terrain loading than with FFTF at 0.01  (  Fighting blurries, loosing AG when flying )     

I use the program with a fixed framerate in P3D icw with AGL mode. 

Edited by GSalden

3 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Enjoy the FPS hit above 5000ft then. Do you have a texture loading problem? If not you have no reason to try anything.

You set the values to your needs.

Eg : You could set 0.05 on the ground and 0.15 at 10.000 ft . The program will dynamically change the values form 0.05 to 0.15 when climbing and the other way round when descending.

If you are happy with what you see without the program then that is also good. I have experienced less microstutters when flying through many clouds at a higher FFTF value.   

I don't see the point in setting the FFTF dynamically.

Either you run unlimited FPS (and use VSync to limit the frames to give a smooth experience), then reducing the FFTF won't increase the FPS, so there is no need for an FFTF setting with unlimited FPS.

Or you use an FPS limit. Then you can statically set FFTF=0.01 to maximize your FPS. FFTF=0.01 won't lead to blurries as long as your FPS do not drop below the set limit. Only when you cannot reach your FPS limit, that low FFTF setting might lead to blurries. Increasing the FFTF setting in that situation might help with blurries but will decrease your FPS even more.

And you don't want to be in that situation anyway because FPS dropping below the limit will also lead to stutters. A proper sim setup for a smooth experience should always ensure that the FPS never drop below the set limit.

So with a proper sim setup (i.e. either unlimited with VSync on or an FPS limit - in both cases all other settings so that the FPS will never drop below that limit) I see no benefit of changing the FFTF setting dynamically.

At least that is my experience after years of testing different FFTF settings in all kinds of setups.

A revolutionary achievement would be if they managed to change the autogen distance / density settings dynamically - but that seems to be impossible right now.

1 hour ago, RALF9636 said:

I don't see the point in setting the FFTF dynamically.

Either you run unlimited FPS (and use VSync to limit the frames to give a smooth experience), then reducing the FFTF won't increase the FPS, so there is no need for an FFTF setting with unlimited FPS.

Or you use an FPS limit. Then you can statically set FFTF=0.01 to maximize your FPS. FFTF=0.01 won't lead to blurries as long as your FPS do not drop below the set limit. Only when you cannot reach your FPS limit, that low FFTF setting might lead to blurries. Increasing the FFTF setting in that situation might help with blurries but will decrease your FPS even more.

And you don't want to be in that situation anyway because FPS dropping below the limit will also lead to stutters. A proper sim setup for a smooth experience should always ensure that the FPS never drop below the set limit.

So with a proper sim setup (i.e. either unlimited with VSync on or an FPS limit - in both cases all other settings so that the FPS will never drop below that limit) I see no benefit of changing the FFTF setting dynamically.

At least that is my experience after years of testing different FFTF settings in all kinds of setups.

A revolutionary achievement would be if they managed to change the autogen distance / density settings dynamically - but that seems to be impossible right now.

Uimited = 0.01 without setting the FFTFLocked is by default always 0.33

Try FTX Germany + Prealsoft Frankfurt + AS MAP EDDF Pro + Lots of Traffic + multiple cloud layers + rain or snow and see what it does to your Sim. 

If you use 0.01 with high settings you will experience blurries when flying at lower altitude because the Sim does not have enough time for terrain loading. 

Using this program I was able to solve the above issue on my triple screen setup.

Surely the in Sim settings play a very big role here. If you have a good balance in performance - loading than that is good for you. Just stay with it as you are right now.

This is for people experiencing blurries because of a too low FFTF value and/or experiencing stutters because of a too high FFTF value ( because they needed more terrain loading time )

This is for people who want maximum fps at the airport and the best looking terrain when flying...

This is for people who want just that little more. I just happened to be one of them and had the opportunity to give the development team suggestions as a beta tester.

regards, Gerard

• Like 1

I’ve yet to try this, but I can’t help wondering why LM haven’t embedded this capability long before now rather than waiting on 3rd Party to come up with the goods as a utility that has to be run alongside the sim. Of course it may have more to do with the fact that most of their performance testing is done on virgin installations and it’s quite likely, therefore, that they don’t see a need for it.

Mike

• Like 1

Ahhh...FSPS:  Guyes, please be aware of the fine print!  You MUST always be online with every new start-up of FFTF Dynamic application, or the product will deny to run.

(Quote from FSPS site):  " Up and running internet connection for activation and license checking of the product on each application's start-up."

I had an serious issue with the former FSPS Fiber Accelerator (FSPS product), because most of the time I play my flight-sims offline - and always had to go online only because of the Fiber Accelerator. 

After a vicious message exchange with their support they refused a refund (yes, I missed the fine print before purchase), and I promised FSPS, that I will never by a product from them anymore as long as they stick with their stupid online policy.

So, wether this product is good or not, for me a no-go.

Best regards to all of you dear simming brothers

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cruachan said:

I’ve yet to try this, but I can’t help wondering why LM haven’t embedded this capability long before now rather than waiting on 3rd Party to come up with the goods as a utility that has to be run alongside the sim. Of course it may have more to do with the fact that most of their performance testing is done on virgin installations and it’s quite likely, therefore, that they don’t see a need for it.

Mike

Exactly Mike . They test on their product. They can’t test all addons out there.

5 minutes ago, KBUR said:

Ahhh...FSPS:  Guyes, please be aware of the fine print!  You MUST always be online with every new start-up of FFTF Dynamic application, or the product will deny to run.

(Quote from FSPS site):  " Up and running internet connection for activation and license checking of the product on each application's start-up."

I had an serious issue with the former FSPS Fiber Accelerator (FSPS product), because most of the time I play my flight-sims offline - and always had to go online only because of the Fiber Accelerator. 

After a vicious message exchange with their support they refused a refund (yes, I missed the fine print before purchase), and I promised FSPS, that I will never by a product from them anymore as long as they stick with their stupid online policy.

So, wether this product is good or not, for me a no-go.

Best regards to all of you dear simming brothers

Probably all of the simmers I know are using Live Weather programs and have to be online for that.

Therefore this won’t be an issue for them.

15 minutes ago, GSalden said:

If you use 0.01 with high settings you will experience blurries when flying at lower altitude because the Sim does not have enough time for terrain loading. 

That does not happen to me as long as my frame rates do not drop below my monitors refresh rate (with VSync on).

I cannot say for sure that other systems might not perform differently of course.

Anyway your input is always welcome, Gerard!

Best wishes!