Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

FFPS:FFTF question

11 minutes ago, SteveW said:

Not at all Rockliffe keep looking. I'm going to do some looking into this problem later this week will see if I can find anything

Wow Steve, that would be an amazing contribution to the simming community if you could nail this PITA issue! LM are supposed to be aware of the issue, but have until now, not found  a solution. I was desparately hoping V2 would have had a fix, but alas, no :sad:

• Upvote 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Anyone use this software while flying in VR with an Oculus Rift?  VR requires one to hold a FPS of 45 or better.  I am very interested to know if this software performs well in the VR simming environment.

Danny

Danny

51 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

Wow Steve, that would be an amazing contribution to the simming community if you could nail this PITA issue! LM are supposed to be aware of the issue, but have until now, not found  a solution. I was desparately hoping V2 would have had a fix, but alas, no :sad:

Hehe, I said have a look but obviously I can't fix problems they are working on. What's your specific issue in more detail?

The way I like the sim set is to maintain fps rather than have fps fall or rise. The app should attempt to keep the fps stable while diminishing lesser required function within the sim to allow it. That's what P3D does - we see stuff appearing nearby if there's not enough CPU throughput available to have displayed it earlier.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

17 minutes ago, SteveW said:

Hehe, I said have a look but obviously I can't fix problems they are working on. What's your specific issue in more detail?

The way I like the sim set is to maintain fps rather than have fps fall or rise. The app should attempt to keep the fps stable while diminishing lesser required function within the sim to allow it. That's what P3D does - we see stuff appearing nearby if there's not enough CPU throughput available to have displayed it earlier.

There is always delayed photoscenery loading, even when autogen is set to normal or low. I have DL switched off, no HDR, all the usual performance hoggers switched off. FPS around big airports like AS LEBL is fine, with pretty good performance of anything between 25-30. But photoscenery simply loads late, sometimes when the aircraft is literally over the top of the scenery. In fact, when I first got P3D V4, I was aware of what I thought were low res textures, but in fact it was just that the tiles were not loading! I have tried with hyperthreading on and off, with AF values of 85 and with a virgin cfg. Tried with NV and without and with Vsync and without. These changes have an effect one way or another, but none can get photoscenery to load properly.

Edited by Rockliffe
  • Upvote 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

10 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

There is always delayed photoscenery loading, even when autogen is set to normal or low. I have DL switched off, no HDR, all the usual performance hoggers switched off. FPS around big airports like AS LEBL is fine, with pretty good performance of anything between 25-30. But photoscenery simply loads late, sometimes when the aircraft is literally over the top of the scenery. In fact, when I first got P3D V4, I was aware of what I thought were low res textures, but in fact it was just that the tiles were not loading! I have tried with hyperthreading on and off, with AF values of 85 and with a virgin cfg. Tried with NV and without and with Vsync and without. These changes have an effect one way or another, but none can get photoscenery to load properly.

OK. All your different photo-sceneries or anything specific worse than another?

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

16 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

Photoscenery is treated differently than in V3. The LOD is smaller and like 2 levels lower till near the aircraft. Rob A has pointed to LM about this several times .

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=126479&hilit=Photo+real+scenery#p166316

See the lower replies.

I have the LOD radius set to Ultra to compensate .

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

4 minutes ago, SteveW said:

OK. All your different photo-sceneries or anything specific worse than another?

Not really Steve. I originally thought it was worse with Orbx photosceneries, but I don't think that is the case after so much testing I've done.

2 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Photoscenery is treated differently than in V3. The LOD is smaller and like 2 levels lower till near the aircraft. Rob A has pointed to LM about this several times .

I have the LOD radius set to Ultra to compensate .

Thanks Gerard, sure, I have tried various LOD settings, with little success.

Howard

4 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

Not really Steve. I originally thought it was worse with Orbx photosceneries, but I don't think that is the case after so much testing I've done.

LM wants the developers to change their way of making photoscenery .

However , all of them , including FranceVFR and Orbx are doing it the known way...

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Just now, GSalden said:

LM wants the developers to change their way of making photoscenery .

However , all of them , including FranceVFR and Orbx are doing it the known way...

Hmm, that's interesting. I haven't heard that before. It's all well and good LM wanting devs to change the way they do things, but that seems a little bit like trying to catch the horse once it's bolted!

Howard

Hi Howard-

I had this same problem a while back before making the decision to suspend belief and go with ORBX rendition of reality. I must say I like the season changes as well. Anyway, if you do a search over at LM, you'll find that Beau spoke to this problem, that is, how photo scenery is handled, or not handled. The upshot being if I remember corerctly, it's not your machine, it's how the photo scenery is 'built'. Anyway, good luck with this.

Mark

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, newtie said:

Hi Howard-

I had this same problem a while back before making the decision to suspend belief and go with ORBX rendition of reality. I must say I like the season changes as well. Anyway, if you do a search over at LM, you'll find that Beau spoke to this problem, that is, how photo scenery is handled, or not handled. The upshot being if I remember corerctly, it's not your machine, it's how the photo scenery is 'built'. Anyway, good luck with this.

Mark

Hmm, sure newtie, but the problem is, Orbx produces very few sceneries, if any, without a substantial amount of photoscenery. I am interested as to what will happen with their UK photoscenery project that they have recently publicised. I certainly won't be able to run it.

Howard

I'm running Global/OpenLC and airports with surrounding scenery and don't have loading problems, at least not at the same level as say MegaScenery. High rez textures checked, super crisp way out. Now, I don't know if ORBX has a different approach or what, but there is a 'clear' difference.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rockliffe said:

It's easy to find out if the blurries are just a low resolution LOD or caused be a delay of the texture loading.

Just pause the sim and see if the blurries get sharp after some time. In that case it was indeed a delay of texture loading. If the blurries remain when the sim is paused it is just the low res LOD.

And did you try to limit your FPS to a value you can always maintain? I only get blurries if I use a too high FPS limit that cannot be maintained.