Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

FFPS:FFTF question

No as I said I don't use inspector only the Nvidia control Panel and yes I lock FPS in the sim settings, unlocked I found the odd artefact in scenery. and I use Nvidia colour settings in the control panel, the problem with flight sims there are no one size fits all as we all have different setups and likely software running, and background programs.  

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

2 hours ago, Skywolf said:

Is this app good? and is it needed?  I can't tell from reading over 32 pages of one thread.  And I know there is a sale going on, so I have to plan to get it if I need it

If you're on a Haswell or slower architecture and use payware airports, scenery and fly above 10,000ft AGL, you'll certainly benefit from it.

7 minutes ago, FunknNasty said:

If you're on a Haswell or slower architecture and use payware airports, scenery and fly above 10,000ft AGL, you'll certainly benefit from it. 

I am on Haswell-E (4.4ghz) - Thanks for the reply.  I will plan on getting it even though everything is fast on my end.  But will take more speed, can't go wrong with that.

I will take advantage of the sale going on.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

I would recommend it. I just paid full price for it (doh) and it works quite well. I’m no longer switching back and forth between unlimited and limited frames which is nice. FWIW I use agl mode .05-.4 from 0-5000. I still tinker with it but that seems to be a sweet spot.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

21 minutes ago, sfgiants13 said:

I would recommend it. I just paid full price for it (doh) and it works quite well. I’m no longer switching back and forth between unlimited and limited frames which is nice. FWIW I use agl mode .05-.4 from 0-5000. I still tinker with it but that seems to be a sweet spot.

Can anyone comment if this will work in the case the frames are unlimited in game but limited in the Nvidia inspector?

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

2 hours ago, Shomron said:

Can anyone comment if this will work in the case the frames are unlimited in game but limited in the Nvidia inspector?

It will. I had that setting for a while and the only issue I had was with sight blurries when descending but that wasn’t a fftf issue. 

Dam I knew buying this tool at release was a bad idea. I payed almost 30 euro for it 2months ago, now its in simarket for 13 euro :(

39 minutes ago, Litmoose said:

Dam I knew buying this tool at release was a bad idea. I payed almost 30 euro for it 2months ago, now its in simarket for 13 euro 😞

Hey don't feel bad, it happens (my same day release product buy was Active Sky)....they have had so many sales after, I had bought it.  Moving forward, I only buy on sales period (Unless the developer never offer any sales)

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

On 6/9/2018 at 10:16 PM, sfgiants13 said:

It will. I had that setting for a while and the only issue I had was with sight blurries when descending but that wasn’t a fftf issue. 

Thanks, however from your reply I did not understand if - 

By using the tool I'll be able to keep the frames limited in the Nvidia inspector?

OR

By using the tool I'll learn that limiting the frames in-game is the better choice?

Thanks again 🙂

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

2 hours ago, Shomron said:

Thanks, however from your reply I did not understand if - 

By using the tool I'll be able to keep the frames limited in the Nvidia inspector?

OR

By using the tool I'll learn that limiting the frames in-game is the better choice?

Thanks again 🙂

I used unlimited in sim and limited on NI and it worked fine. Limited in sim will help with texture loading but it will come with a performance hit. I was saying how I had sight blurriest when using NI for limiting frames but that problem want unique to the tool. I’ve found a sweet spot it seems by locking FPS in the sim so that’s what I’m currently running.

• Upvote 1

Hi Everyone,

Not sure this is the right forum, but anyhow i read a post recently about this "utility" i guess it would be called. Can some of you with much more experience with computers than I, take a look at my specs and tell me if that could help occasional stutters around big airports. And I am also wondering if a cooler would be advisable. I get good performance at small fields and elsewhere, even with clouds, but once on the ground at a big one the stutters appear. Many thanks for any ideas!