Sign in to follow this  
Patco Lch

Can no longer get AVSIM on Android

Last week every time I hit my AVSIM book mark on my Android tablet using Chrome I get a white page "This site can't be reached. Below I see a ERR_SPDY_INADEQUATE_TRANSPORT_SECURITY. This only happens on the Android. I get AVSIM fine on my PC, phone or the wife's iPad. I've tried everything from emptying browsing cache to rebooting my WiFi and changing site settings. Best I understand this has something to do with encryption at the site. Over my head in that kind of stuff. Don't know what else to do. All the other web page book marks are OK. Seems it's just AVSIM I have this issue.

Open to any help-advice. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

I have the problem with YAHOO as well on this device. 

Vic green

I'm using whatever idiotic web system that came with my Android tablet and it still works fine for most needs on the AVSIM site.  Maybe time for a Google search.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

1 hour ago, charliearon said:

I'm using whatever idiotic web system that came with my Android tablet and it still works fine for most needs on the AVSIM site.  Maybe time for a Google search.

I've had my Android almost a year and used it to login Avsim several times a day without fail until this issue came up about Sunday. I've done plenty of google searching and trouble shooting with no luck. This is some kind of encryption error from what I read that comes from the site. For some reason the device or Chrome reads it as black listed. That's false though because as I said all other devices in my home including my MOTO phone loads Avsim. I don't know. Maybe I should upgrade to an iPad.  

Vic green

I would wonder if the Server update had anything to do with this encryption error?  Yeah, I have had my Android tablet about a year now, also.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Reading this thread on my Samsung with Chrome. No problem. Hmmm...

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

It's just that one device. I've deleted the bookmark and tried Yahoo AOL ASK and all give me the same result with AVSIM.com. Really a bummer as I'm picking up my tablet several times a day to see what's trending. I'm bumfuzzeled.   

Vic green

Sorry, not the best photographer in the world!

DSCF0002.JPG

Charlie Aron

Check for Android 5.0 or later, some tablets use proprietary mods of generic Android and then stopped updating at V 4.5.xx. This prevents some new apps from installing/updating and does not support the latest encyrption standard that some servers require.

17 hours ago, odourboy said:

Reading this thread on my Samsung with Chrome. No problem. Hmmm...

LOL.  Check this link out - https://community.qualys.com/thread/17604-the-dreaded-errspdyinadequatetransportsecurity-error-in-chrome.  They had a major problem with Chrome users but it worked for Android users.

22 hours ago, PATCO LCH said:

Last week every time I hit my AVSIM book mark on my Android tablet using Chrome I get a white page "This site can't be reached. Below I see a ERR_SPDY_INADEQUATE_TRANSPORT_SECURITY. This only happens on the Android.

This error has been around for years (per Google).  I do not have a solution but think you might need to update your bookmark on your Android tablet as AVSIM is a secure site and your bookmark is probably trying to reach us at our old site which was not secure.  Do a search for AVSIM on Google and then logon to our site without using the bookmark.  Once logged on, bookmark it again and delete your old bookmark.

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thank-you Jim. I deleted all my AVSIM bookmarks with no luck. Tried other search engines, YAHOO etc. Just don't know. Sad because one of the reasons getting the tablet was to keep up with AVSIM with out booting the PC. Oh well, maybe it's best for AVSIM not to have so many of my dorky comments.🤔

Vic green

I use Firefox on my Android Samsung SmartPhone and have no problems.  Maybe you need to delete your browser cache?

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-clear-your-browser-cache/

EDIT:  This link might work better for Chrome - https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

Edited by Jim Young

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

What version of Android are you using?  I have an old android tablet ( don't know the version but somewhere in the 4 series), as well as a one year old Samsung 8+ running Lollipop and I have no trouble logging on with either so I don't think its your android OS unless it's very old.

Try deleting Chrome and all its latent garbage, go to the Play Store and download the latest version. Install it and see if then you can log in. Chrome might have gotten corrupted  by a software update and not one for Chrome necessarily. I had that happen with my last Samsung 5 phone.

Good luck.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

3 hours ago, 188AHC said:

What version of Android are you using?  I have an old android tablet ( don't know the version but somewhere in the 4 series), as well as a one year old Samsung 8+ running Lollipop and I have no trouble logging on with either so I don't think its your android OS unless it's very old.

Try deleting Chrome and all its latent garbage, go to the Play Store and download the latest version. Install it and see if then you can log in. Chrome might have gotten corrupted  by a software update and not one for Chrome necessarily. I had that happen with my last Samsung 5 phone.

Good luck.

Vic green

I'm in I'm in I'm in!!😂 Took your advice Jim and downloaded Fire Fox on my tablet. Can always find good advise on AVSIM. Now I can go back to logging in several times a day. Thanks all.

• Like 1

Vic green

Glad you got it sorted out.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals