Sign in to follow this  
nighthawk65

P3D V4.2 Issues, testing, seeking community answers and help

Did an additional test today, I removed all photo scenery and went back to ORBX FTX Global + NA Landclass and Northern California.  Additionally, I put the Autogen back on to Dense and removed the FPS limiter in NI.  The flight was with the PMDG 737 from KORD to KSMF.  The flight started just fine with FPS averaging over 40fps however as I got ready to start the descent the FPS had dropped to the mid-teens...  I am going to try and do another flight tonight from KSFO to EDDF with the PMDG 777 and see how that goes with keeping all Autogen as is and ORBX as is, however, I am going to turn the NI FPS limiter back on to 30 or 31 and see what happens.  Another thing I noticed is that Core 0 was back to a constant 100%.  The problem is slowly being discovered....

5 hours ago, nighthawk65 said:

Did an additional test today, I removed all photo scenery and went back to ORBX FTX Global + NA Landclass and Northern California.  Additionally, I put the Autogen back on to Dense and removed the FPS limiter in NI.  The flight was with the PMDG 737 from KORD to KSMF.  The flight started just fine with FPS averaging over 40fps however as I got ready to start the descent the FPS had dropped to the mid-teens...  I am going to try and do another flight tonight from KSFO to EDDF with the PMDG 777 and see how that goes with keeping all Autogen as is and ORBX as is, however, I am going to turn the NI FPS limiter back on to 30 or 31 and see what happens.  Another thing I noticed is that Core 0 was back to a constant 100%.  The problem is slowly being discovered....

Nighthawk,

Why you don't update to 4.3? a lot of people are reporting an increase of performance after the update.

S.

7 hours ago, simbol said:

Nighthawk,

Why you don't update to 4.3? a lot of people are reporting an increase of performance after the update.

S.

Simbol, I wanted to wait for the ASN update.  However, I went ahead and gave it a shot with their beta update-in-place.  I am in the middle of a flight right now.  I am leaning more and more towards what I think did it for me was setting a manageable FPS in NI, for me its 35.  It is incredibly smooth even after 10hours.  I am going to do a return leg back and turn back on HT to see if there is any change.  With NI FPS Limiter engaged, core 0 never reaches 100% utilization.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nighthawk65 said:

Simbol, I wanted to wait for the ASN update.  However, I went ahead and gave it a shot with their beta update-in-place.  I am in the middle of a flight right now.  I am leaning more and more towards what I think did it for me was setting a manageable FPS in NI, for me its 35.  It is incredibly smooth even after 10hours.  I am going to do a return leg back and turn back on HT to see if there is any change.  With NI FPS Limiter engaged, core 0 never reaches 100% utilization.   

Well these are wonderful news!.

When you are satisfied please share all your settings so other members can use them as a reference.

all the best,
S.

13 minutes ago, simbol said:

Well these are wonderful news!.

When you are satisfied please share all your settings so other members can use them as a reference.

all the best,
S.

Wilco

After numerous test with different aircraft, scenery, weather, conditions etc, this these are my conclusions...

1. Other software like AvilaSoft poses the risk for simconnect bandwidth issues.  Hopefully, their new version will have improved on this.  Additionally, Navigraph Simlink causes severe stuttering, similar to AvilaSoft.  

2. I7 8700k in Hyperthreading mode causes stuttering once in flight.  Keeping this disabled has proven to ensure an overall smoother experience.  

3. Utilizing the NI FPS limiter vs. the internal FPS limiter, providing an overall smoother experience.  By disabling HT and utilizing NI FPS limiter, I am able to maintain 31FPS with an average of 70-80% of each setting being utilized.  However, depending on WX conditions some settings have to be adjusted accordingly.  But during the Day I can have 8xSSAA and at night while on the ground 8xMSAA, then after departure switch to 8xSSAA. 

If I enable HT, I get stutters... If I don't set an FPS limit, my FPS declines overtime and does not refresh or rest, unless I shut down and restart.  Additionally, Core 0 maintains 100% utilization and even over empty terrain, desert, polar etc, does not improve.

These are the finding that I found and I am open to further suggestions, ideas, etc.  As no two systems are exactly alike, I invite any constructive discussion to enhance and expand on what I have seen. 

Now time to start looking into FlyInside and Oculus Rift, as my P3D v4.3 settings are set....