Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

Aivlasoft EFB v2 coming soon

Been using EFB since it was first released. Can't wait to get my hands on v2.

In my opinion it is worth the price.

CXA001-1.jpg

VATSIM: P2 | I1

This is looking much better, and more cleaner and modern. Might be interested in getting this.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I’ve used EFB1 regularly for five years so the initial costs was a good investment. V2 looks interesting BUT personally I feel 20% discount is a bit shallow. 40% would feel ‘Ok’. 50% would be an instant purchase as a thank you and sign of loyalty (from both sides). 

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

Watched a couple of videos today on this program. Looks like they recommend running on two PC's with a network. The Navigraph Charts I use now which does almost everything that EFB does a, runs on one PC along with my sim, and works very well displaying on a second monitor. Not sure I see the value of EFB unless one has a spare PC laying around. .

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

PMDG will gradually be rolling out their EFB to their B748, B777 and B737 giving 3D access to Navigraph charts, among other things. So I envisage that shutting off an aivlasoft EFB market segment.

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

5 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Watched a couple of videos today on this program. Looks like they recommend running on two PC's with a network. The Navigraph Charts I use now which does almost everything that EFB does a, runs on one PC along with my sim, and works very well displaying on a second monitor. Not sure I see the value of EFB unless one has a spare PC laying around. .

Bob, I was one of the beta testers for v2. I have had a second PC for years and relegate my old FS PC to those duties when I upgrade.

I've not used Navigraph Charts so can't make a direct comparison but I have found v2 is so much easier to use than v1. The selection of SIDs and STARs was a bit of a pain in v1 because multiple windows had to be opened. In v2 this has been vastly improved and making your selection is both quick and easy. And when you choose one you see it depicted graphically.

I much prefer having a moving map on a separate display to my main cockpit as having to keep opening it destroys the realism.

There are nice features like being able to draw a circle x miles from any point. That is especially useful when running Radar Contact when you have to be a a certain altitude 40 miles out. Dead easy to meet that with the help of EFBv2.

Another is being able to show the correct heading for parking gates away from terminals. You wouldn't believe how many have the position 180° wrong meaning that if you use GSX marshaller you'll find yourself taxiing in behind him. A nice feature in EFB v2 shows you which way to park.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

21 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I much prefer having a moving map on a separate display to my main cockpit as having to keep opening it destroys the realism.

This made me think how realistic it is to use this EFB? I never use moving map addons because I only want to make use of what the plane is showing me. Feels like cheating to have an additional moving map. 😉 I don't know though if and how often moving maps are used in real life? When I fly the Q400 I only want to use the screens it has to get me where I have to go. When I fly the C172 using VOR only I seriously don't want a moving map to spoil the fun for me. So how realistic is an EFB like this in real life flying?

19 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

The selection of SIDs and STARs was a bit of a pain in v1 because multiple windows had to be opened. In v2 this has been vastly improved and making your selection is both quick and easy. And when you choose one you see it depicted graphically.

Again, how realistic is this? Don't you get them assigned in real life? Which real life airline pilot has an EFB like this which he uses to pick a SID or STAR to his liking?

Edited by Guest

4 minutes ago, J van E said:

This made me think how realistic it is to use this EFB? 

I asked myself this question too a long while ago. But then again: How real is looking at a 27 - 42" screen with a keyboard in front of you compared to real life? 😊
Seriously:
I justified the use of a moving map because taxiing and looking outside the cockpit during night is nearly impossible. It is one black image with a view blue lights, not recognizing anything
Often I find myself wandering over an airport (even EHAM) to find my way. In real life taxiing at night is much, much easier.   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

@J van E, given the space constraints in aircraft of course you're not going to see big moving map style displays. Any that are present are relatively tiny. By the time you model that in FS unless you have a huge monitor that gives you a 1:1 view (65" or larger?) then compromises in flight sim have to be made.

I don't see a problem of a moving map in a GA aircraft. In the larger pax aircraft EFBs are now becoming more popular as they are relatively small and convenient especially in ground movements.

The Flight1 moving map addon is realistic but tiny on most displays. Personally I love having a moving map on half of a separate 27" QHD display. Each to their own.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

10 minutes ago, Egbert Drenth said:

How real is looking at a 27 - 42" screen with a keyboard in front of you compared to real life? 😊

Agreed. There are various ways (and levels) to simulate realistic flying and most if not all are limited. 😉 Most of us try to simulate real life flying as well as possible but we all have a different focus. Some care mainly about systems and some mainly about scenery and so on. But I was simply and honestly wondering if EFB's were used in real life too and if this EFB addon is a simulation of such a real life device or not. When I fly using VOR only I am simulating 'old school' flying and so an EFB doesn't belong in my cockpit 😉 but when I am flying the Q400 an EFB might be appropriate. I wasn't saying that everyone who is using this EFB is cheating. 😉 An advantage of this EFB is that, as someone else already noted, you don't need a subscription. Real charts (downloaded from the internet) are nice but often look different or aren't really 'compatible' with what is in your sim so this addon is an interesting one.

7 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Looks like they recommend running on two PC's with a network.

No, you do not need to run it on two PCs, but you can if you want. I run it on my simming PC.

Reagrding if an EFB is an "immersion killer":

EFB is a very powerful tool and supports me in many ways in my simming environment. For me it is a kind of F/O which supports me finding/guiding taxiways, gives me the relevant Infos about SID/STARs, performance calc, weather, airport info, navigation etc.

Simply reduces the workload to a more realistic manner as real pilots are not alone in their cockpits.

A big advantage is it also when flying online as you have online ground traffic (even before connecting) and online available ATCs and their frequencies. So you have always the right and the relevant information at your hand.

Regarding Navigraph Charts and EFB v2:

I have both and use both. For me it is simply fun to look also at charts, adds bit more realism before flying. But as I said during the flight I use EFB. And if I had to choose between EFB and Navigraph charts I would choose EFB as it is much more powerful then the charts alone

Edited by guenseli

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 hour ago, J van E said:

Agreed. There are various ways (and levels) to simulate realistic flying and most if not all are limited. 😉 Most of us try to simulate real life flying as well as possible but we all have a different focus. Some care mainly about systems and some mainly about scenery and so on. But I was simply and honestly wondering if EFB's were used in real life too and if this EFB addon is a simulation of such a real life device or not. When I fly using VOR only I am simulating 'old school' flying and so an EFB doesn't belong in my cockpit 😉 but when I am flying the Q400 an EFB might be appropriate. I wasn't saying that everyone who is using this EFB is cheating. 😉 An advantage of this EFB is that, as someone else already noted, you don't need a subscription. Real charts (downloaded from the internet) are nice but often look different or aren't really 'compatible' with what is in your sim so this addon is an interesting one.

13 minutes ago, guenseli said:

No, you do not need to run it on two PCs, but you can if you want. I run it on my simming PC.

Reagrding if an EFB is an "immersion killer":

EFB is a very powerful tool and supports me in many ways in my simming environment. For me it is a kind of F/O which supports me finding/guiding taxiways, gives me the relevant Infos about SID/STARs, performance calc, weather, airport info, navigation etc.

Simply reduces the workload to a more realistic manner as real pilots are not alone in their cockpits.

A big advantage is it also when flying online as you have online ground traffic (even before connecting) and online available ATCs and their frequencies. So you have always the right and the relevant information at your hand.

Regarding Navigraph Charts and EFB v2:

I have both and use both. For me it is simply fun to look also at charts, adds bit more realism before flying. But as I said during the flight I use EFB. And if I had to choose between EFB and Navigraph charts I would choose EFB as it is much more powerful then the charts alone

So why do so many recommend running on a second PC to run EFB. I would suspect that this program is using high CPU cycles when run on the sim PC, affecting FPS, hence the recommendation to run on a network with a 2nd PC. My Navigraph charts with it's moving maps, uses very little of my CPU %. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

So why do so many recommend running on a second PC to run EFB. I would suspect that this program is using high CPU cycles when run on the sim PC, affecting FPS, hence the recommendation to run on a network with a 2nd PC

I don't know and I haven't heard that many recommend this.

Maybe it is because many do have just a single screen for their simming PC? I have 3 screens to run also that information stuff and couldn't see a big FPS drop.

For EFB v2 I can report a CPU hit of 1 to 1,5% on my system. Can't remember how much EFB v1 was, but never had any problems with also.

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

1 minute ago, guenseli said:

I don't know and I haven't heard that many recommend this.

Maybe it is because many do have just a single screen for their simming PC? I have 3 screens to run also that information stuff and couldn't see a big FPS drop.

For EFB v2 I can report a CPU hit of 1 to 1,5% on my system. Can't remember how much EFB v1 was, but never had any problems with also.

Well that is encouraging. Will have to try the demo when it comes out. 

• Upvote 1