Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

Aivlasoft EFB v2 coming soon

15 minutes ago, guenseli said:

For EFB v2 I can report a CPU hit of 1 to 1,5% on my system.

When you look at the preview screenshots they show the CPU usage in the lower left corner. 'Too low or too high ?' shows 8.1%, 'Cleared to land' shows 4.4%. Don't know if these are averages or spikes. 'Never get lost on complex airports' shows 0.6%. Still, averages of those screenshots show more than 1 to 1.5%. If you are also using Active Sky, ProATC. SkyForce and whatever on your simming PC, 8.1% brings CPU usage into rather big numbers. But well, with a demo everyone can test for themselves if EFB v2 will hurt performance or not. The more addons (outside of the sim) you use, the more logical it will become to run them on another PC.

Edited by Guest

I have tested it again and the numbers are the current usage, not averages.

It depends indeed on the map how much CPU is needed. If EFB changes from one map to another I get also up to 8% usage for a second when EFB has been the first time started.

And I will correct my 1 - 1,5% as I had a closer look now:

Ground charts shows 0,0 to 0,2%

SID and STAR and moving map need around 3%

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those of you concerned about CPU usage why not use SimStarterNG or FSUIPC to assign an Affinity Mask setting so each addon program uses a separate core well away from Core 0?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

37 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

For those of you concerned about CPU usage why not use SimStarterNG or FSUIPC to assign an Affinity Mask setting so each addon program uses a separate core well away from Core 0?

How would you do that? In fsuipc really? 😮

Victor Roos

1 hour ago, Victoroos said:

How would you do that? In fsuipc really? 😮

In FSUIPC.INI [Program] section you can use the RUN command to launch a program. One of the parameters is the Affinity Mask for it.

All in the User Guide. :wink:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I just checked on my system and Navigrpah Charts is using 4% and Navigraph Simlink is using 4%. Total 8% and that is average. I was surprised. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

For what it's worth, I've used EFB on my simming computer for years. I have two displays, one for P3D immediately in front of me, and one to the side for all the others programs that I run to support my simming (EFB, various VA ACARS, Active Sky, Chase Plane).

I don't notice any slowdowns as a result.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

This would have been perfect for an iPad. What a shame.

Cheers

Steve Hall

8 minutes ago, cowpatz said:

This would have been perfect for an iPad. What a shame.

Not a chance. Minimum resolution is 1280*800 and the text would be so small you wouldn’t be able to read it. I have it setup on half of a QHD display so 1280*1440.

There are lots of buttons plus the small consideration of a suitable interface for the map to keep up with the aircraft.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Not a chance. Minimum resolution is 1280*800 and the text would be so small you wouldn’t be able to read it. I have it setup on half of a QHD display so 1280*1440.

The iPads have a very high screen resolution, and an 8 or 10 inch display is good enough. I have always run EFB on a 10" touch screen, the one on the wall in my cockpit.

Quote from web:

"... The remarkable thing to note here is that both the 9.7-inch iPad models and the 7.9-inch iPad models share the same 2048x1536 "Retina Display" resolution. This gives the iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini 3 and iPad Mini 4 a pixels-per-inch (PPI) of 326 compared to the 264 PPI in the 9.7-inch models."

If the buttons on the new EFB V2 are very small then it is no longer suitable for a touch screen, so that rules it out in my cockpit. I'll still with FS-FlightControl.

Pete

Edited by Pete Dowson

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Hi Pete,

I know the iPads have very high res but the standard ones would show the buttons so small I'm not sure the user could use the interface without pressing the wrong one.

The iPad Pro would be okay. There will be a free trial that you could take advantage of. But how can an iPad client interface with the server?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

There will be a free trial that you could take advantage of. But how can an iPad client interface with the server?

With a Server module serving it same as EFB V2 has for Networked PCs. But it would have to be re-written for iPad for sure.

I think the iPad Pro screen is larger than my in-cockpit touch screen, so it certainly looks like EFB V2 is a no-go for me at least. There are a number of programs ("apps") for the iPad which do this. I'm sure I've shown them to you at one time or another.

Pete

11 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

I think the iPad Pro screen is larger than my in-cockpit touch screen, so it certainly looks like EFB V2 is a no-go for me at least. There are a number of programs ("apps") for the iPad which do this. I'm sure I've shown them to you at one time or another.

The iPad Pro screen is 12.9” compared to 10.5 for the normal one. Just a few inches larger. Not possible?

My memories of trips down when we actually did any flying or discussion of flying are fading. Hint hint. 😜

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

The iPad Pro screen is 12.9” compared to 10.5 for the normal one. Just a few inches larger. Not possible?

Actually my touch screen measures about 11" diagonal, so a little larger than my standard iPads.  But my iPads have always been very much more readable AND with more accurate touch-sensitivity.  This is why I think if it can't be easily used on an standard iPad (with a rewritten version of course :-)) then it will be more difficult again on my cockpit screen.

EFB V1 was easily usable, as is the FS-FlightControl program i use now.  Both seem perfect fits for that screen in fact.

Never mind. Maybe I'll try it, but I might prefer FS-PC in any case.

Pete

I just realized that my second monitor which is a 1024x 768 and works great with Navigraph charts is too small for EFB. Not going to buy another monitor just to try it out. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS