Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

Aivlasoft EFB v2 coming soon

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I just realized that my second monitor which is a 1024x 768 and works great with Navigraph charts is too small for EFB. Not going to buy another monitor just to try it out. 

Bob,

Time to treat yourself to a new monitor. :wink: And you could take that one down to your local museum. :biggrin:

Even 12 years ago I was buying 1280*1024 monitors. You should be able to pick one up for a bargain price.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Bob,

Time to treat yourself to a new monitor. :wink: And you could take that one down to your local museum. :biggrin:

Even 12 years ago I was buying 1280*1024 monitors. You should be able to pick one up for a bargain price.

Just ordered one..

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

22 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

In FSUIPC.INI [Program] section you can use the RUN command to launch a program. One of the parameters is the Affinity Mask for it.

All in the User Guide. :wink:

checked, I was afriad you'd add that last part, haha, I will check it out.

Did you use v1 a lot as well? What is for you the biggest improvement in v2? DId you ever use it on a touch screen?

I haved used it on a  surface (v1) and it was cluncky sometimes. is a beta tester using it on a touch?

vkr

Victor Roos

27 minutes ago, Victoroos said:

checked, I was afriad you'd add that last part, haha, I will check it out.

Did you use v1 a lot as well? What is for you the biggest improvement in v2? DId you ever use it on a touch screen?

I haved used it on a  surface (v1) and it was cluncky sometimes. is a beta tester using it on a touch?

vkr

Yes, heavy user of v1 over a few years. Bought in Nov 2013. Not used on touch screen, just mouse. I'm not aware of any beta testers using it on a touchpad. Ask the question in the EFB forum.

Biggest improvements in v2 for me are:-

• Selection of SID and STAR much easier and quicker. No selecting Arrival and runway then Approach and runway. All done in one interface and as you select the SID / STAR and runway it displays the routing on the map.
  • Taxi guidance from gate to runway and runway to gate is a couple of clicks and your routing is shown.
  • Ai aircraft now visible for duration of session. In v1 the SimConnect buffer would get full and stop Ai showing especially near busy airports.
  • Any changes to flight plan - a late change of runway on arrival - and the revised routing is fed directly into the loaded P3D flight plan. Very useful when flying aircraft that rely on GPS routing.
  • The whole interface looks polished. not that v1 was bad, it wasn't. This just looks so much nicer. More use made of available window. All colours can be user-defined.
  • Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Yes, heavy user of v1 over a few years. Bought in Nov 2013. Not used on touch screen, just mouse. I'm not aware of any beta testers using it on a touchpad. Ask the question in the EFB forum.

• Selection of SID and STAR much easier and quicker. No selecting Arrival and runway then Approach and runway. All done in one interface and as you select the SID / STAR and runway it displays the routing on the map.
  • Taxi guidance from gate to runway and runway to gate is a couple of clicks and your routing is shown.
  • Ai aircraft now visible for duration of session. In v1 the SimConnect buffer would get full and stop Ai showing especially near busy airports.
  • Any changes to flight plan - a late change of runway on arrival - and the revised routing is fed directly into the loaded P3D flight plan. Very useful when flying aircraft that rely on GPS routing.
  • The whole interface looks polished. not that v1 was bad, it wasn't. This just looks so much nicer. More use made of available window. All colours can be user-defined.

Question, if I am approaching an airport that has a few Stars, and I select a runway to land because of wind, will it show me the best star to use for that runway? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Question, if I am approaching an airport that has a few Stars, and I select a runway to land because of wind, will it show me the best star to use for that runway? 

Bob,

The active runways based on wind direction are highlighted in green. When you select one of those the available STARs will be displayed. It's up to you to choose which one but routing is shown as you select each. It's your decision which to use,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Bob,

The active runways based on wind direction are highlighted in green. When you select one of those the available STARs will be displayed. It's up to you to choose which one but routing is shown as you select each. It's your decision which to use,

Sounds great,  thanks. 

Sounds great indeed. I am usually using ProATC though so SID and STAR are assigned to me. In my pre-ProATC days this would have been a good selling point for me though.

15 minutes ago, J van E said:

Sounds great indeed. I am usually using ProATC though so SID and STAR are assigned to me. In my pre-ProATC days this would have been a good selling point for me though.

I switched from Pro ATC to PF3, and once in awhile when approaching an airport with several runways and stars, and wind changes, this program would help in quickly showing the different  stars  and how they connect to the runway. . 

20 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I switched from Pro ATC to PF3

I'm currently trying Pilot2ATC instead of ProATC/X, and that's also pretty good at assigning SIDs and STARs, which you can request changed, of course.

And I far prefer the synthesised voicing (but using payware voices) -- no "stitching together" annoyances, and the speed of speech can be adjusted, which isn't really a possibility with prerecorded bits. Also of course it doesn't need updating for added airports, etc.

Still can get pronunciations wrong, of course. (But then Alexa on my Echo says "nippersly" for my location, Knypersley, where the Knype part is pronounced "nipe" rhyming with ripe. I suppose it's good that she doesn't say "ke-nippersly").

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

thanks for the updates and lists sir Ray!. Lets see how touchscreen will work then. hopefully pinch to zoom at least. Is the map smooth / drag..able?.

It sounds indeed like a very good list. I love thr vatsim onlime freq feature.. Seeing as the often come online while flying.

easier sid and star selection is a great thing!. Great!

Victor Roos

@Victoroos, you’re welcome. I use mouse to zoom in and out but you can also configure preset zoom levels based on aircraft altitude when airborne and ground speed when on ground. So zoom in for takeoff and landing and zoom further out once at altitude.

Map can be dragged but you have to turn off Follow Aircraft option first of course.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I switched from Pro ATC to PF3, and once in awhile when approaching an airport with several runways and stars, and wind changes, this program would help in quickly showing the different  stars  and how they connect to the runway. . 

Doesn't PF3 assign them to you then? (Sorry for going OT here but after the last ProATC updates I've been thinking about switching too...)

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

I'm currently trying Pilot2ATC instead of ProATC/X

We really need a thorough review of all available ATC addons... 😐

Ok, back to EFB. 😉 Seems that if I am going to switch ATC EFB may become a lot more interesting for me.

56 minutes ago, J van E said:

Doesn't PF3 assign them to you then? (Sorry for going OT here but after the last ProATC updates I've been thinking about switching too...)

We really need a thorough review of all available ATC addons... 😐

Ok, back to EFB. 😉 Seems that if I am going to switch ATC EFB may become a lot more interesting for me.

I probably have over 500 +flights on PATC and maybe about the same number  on PF3. I  left PATC and got PF3 when I started flying copters and GA aircraft a couple of years ago. The reason at that time was that   much of that flying  was VFR and PATC doesn't do VFR at all. . Flying with PF3 I really enjoyed and  I felt that things like clearing you to cross a runway at an airport, the 140 different controller and pilot voices, and the vectoring from and to an airport was really realistic feeling, and reminded me of my real life flying in the ATC system.. Then I got an email asking me if I would help beta test PATC, so I accepted and started flying only PATC. Almost at the end of the beta testing, I reported a problem with PATC with P3D version 3.4, multiple times over the course of a couple of months.Each time i was told that I was the only one reporting this issue,  and something must be wrong with my P3D install, or the aircraft I was flying like the NGX or Q400, or even the default aircraft, or the wiring in my house must be bad, etc...etc..etc....😉 I must have spent over 75 hours of my own time trying to solve this issue. In the mean time, I started hearing from other P3D version 3.4 users that were experiencing the exact same problem I was having. I finally, after some questioning, determine that I was the only Beta tester that was using P3D version 3.4... Well DUH!!!!! To say that I was irritated at this point, is putting it mildly. After some careful evaluating, I decided to move back to PF3, and frankly I am very happy with the way it performs. 

The one thing that was a learning curve with PF3, was the Sids and Stars issue. I had gotten spoiled with PATC, because frankly, you don't have to look at any Sid and Star charts, because you are told by PATC , step by step, what you sid and stars will be and exactly how to fly. You are even given make believe waypoints to fly to on the approaches. No looking at charts is required, so guess what, I never looked at them...Now I am on PF3, and when I am setting up a flight plan, I use Simbrief, which suggests a SID and Star when applicable, then I look at the charts , figure out altitudes, for FA. etc. At first it wasn't easy, but after a dozen or so flights, I found that it became pretty simple and took maybe 5-8 minutes at most. If you don't want to fly a Sid or a Star, you just tell PF3 that you want vectors, and you get excellent vectors. Then I started using Navigraph Charts, so all Sid and Star information is there in one place, which makes it even easier. 

I just now  read the manual for EFB version 2 which I downloaded from their website, and this looks to be an even better solution to Sids and especially Stars, when the weather is shifting on approach. You get the landing runway, and then see what Star looks like a good fit, when you select it, before deciding on which one you are going to use. Wow, that's better than sliced bread.    I am going to try the demo as soon as it comes out, and if it works out, I will probably drop Navigraph Charts and just use EFB. 

Anyway, I just get a better feeling of immersion with PF3 than I did with PATC, just little things like more realistic step climbs, taxi directions at departure and arrival airports, clearance across active runways, ability to easily change altitudes, ask for clearance to fly the approach on your own if you want, etc.   The only downside with PF3, is the free demo only comes with 4 voices, and if I remember correctly, two of the voices I didn't care for at all. So if you judge how it will be, with the demo voices, you may think you won't like the program. Out of the 140 voices, I have only selected 5 of them that I disabled ( you can easily determine which voice you are listening to and disable any you don't like) . They even have a nice mix of voices when you fly over other countries, that are appropriate for that country. Updates are done on a continual basis, in fact the program checks for any updates, every time it is launched. The support on the PF3 forum is excellent, and almost always when you ask a question or have a problem, you get a response my the next morning. The developer is answering questions all the time on the forum which is totally different than PATC, where communicating with the developer doesn't seem to happen at all. The people on the PF3 forum are helpful, and don't immediately try to tell you that you must have done something wrong..

I started out with RC4 many years ago, and liked it back then, in fact I even had dinner with the developer when he was brand new at it. I left simming for a couple of years, and when starting up again with P3D, I just felt that going back to RC4 was not something I wanted to do, I wanted to try something new. I have tried just about every ATC program either demos, or purchased, even Pilotedge and Vatsim. I fly for a VA all over the US, Canada, and Europe, and PF3 for me, just gives me everything I need, with zero problems. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Upvote 1

The one thing that annoys me about all of this is that I wish we had an all in one solution when it comes to this. We have separate apps for Flight Planning, Fuel Calculations, EFB, etc. I wish there was one talented developer who can offer this in all 1 addon that could be accessed from within P3D's addon menu itself. Kind of like FSTramp.

To me I love PFPX as a flight planner, it's the probably the best one out there for me, I wish it could include a really nice EFB, a better moving map where you can switch between different types of maps with a nicer UI of course,  (I know PFPX has one already).

For example when I flew with ATC, I usually have to load up REX, Active Sky, ASCA, Chaseplane, PFPX, Moving Map, AivlasoftEFB, Pro-ATC. That's 8 SEPARATE apps I have to load up every time I want to fly. What bothers me is you create a flight plan in PFXP, and then would have to also load that flight plan up into Active Sky, and Aivlasoft EFB as well. This is not efficient at all and there has got to be a much better way of doing things. Which is why I wish there was just 1 addon that incorporated all of this together in 1 complete package. 

Having a dedicated ATC addon (accessible through the sim's menu) with a built in flightplanner/fuel & Performance Calc/EFB/Weather/Moving Map. 

• Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU