Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

Aivlasoft EFB v2 coming soon

2 minutes ago, captain420 said:

That's 8 SEPARATE apps I have to load up every time I want to fly.

I see your your point, however reality is as it is.

I highly recommend to have a look at simStarter. You could (next to countless other things) make run profiles, so you start at one click all software you need … with special arguments if you like and for different profiles if you need other software for IFR than for VFR.

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Anyway, I just get a better feeling of immersion with PF3 than I did with PATC

Thanks for that excellent and long review, Bob! Much appreciated! I will definitely have a closer look at PF3 now!

So for those of us who fly offline without using any ATC addon. It's best just to get the SID/STAR from PFPX then?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

This would have been a great app for my iPad.. Perhaps one day? 🙄

59 minutes ago, captain420 said:

So for those of us who fly offline without using any ATC addon. It's best just to get the SID/STAR from PFPX then?

Assuming you have subscribed to the weather service then yes.

May I remind everyone this is the EFB v2 thread. It's diversifying a bit. :wink:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 hours ago, captain420 said:

That's 8 SEPARATE apps I have to load up every time I want to fly. What bothers me is you create a flight plan in PFXP, and then would have to also load that flight plan up into Active Sky, and Aivlasoft EFB as well.

I also use SimStarterNG which will load a flight plan into P3D. AS16 then picks up that plan automatically. SSNG also launches all my other apps.

In PFPX once you have generated a plan and released it choose Save on the Briefing Package tab. That will generate a text file which if placed into the relevant folder in EFB's structure will load it automatically. Details in the manual.

Easy peasy. :biggrin:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

21 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I also use SimStarterNG which will load a flight plan into P3D. AS16 then picks up that plan automatically. SSNG also launches all my other apps.

In PFPX once you have generated a plan and released it choose Save on the Briefing Package tab. That will generate a text file which if placed into the relevant folder in EFB's structure will load it automatically. Details in the manual.

Easy peasy. :biggrin:

AH, yeah, you refer tot he uplink part?

How can I make sure it empties that folder afterwards then?. And.. if it says "on the ground"does that mean the sim has to be started.

So, what would simstarterng do. I never really understood, even though it looked fancy :D.

It feels like ..one EXE to rule them all

but there is no trial, hmm. Is  it that much better than Simstarter normal? 🙂 (not greedy.. just wondering :D)

Edited by Victoroos

Victor Roos

Victor,

Yes, the uplink folder is where the files is placed. There is one caveat. PFPX saves the file with the wrong coding. You have to open it with Notepad++ and change to UTF-8 and then save.I have asked PFPX author to change it so hopefully he will. I export the file to C:\ first so I can change the coding. I then run a batch file to move it into the uplink folder.

The contents of the uplink folder are deleted by EFB once the plan has been accepted. And yes, P3D needs to be running and your aircraft at the departure airport before pressing Save in PFPX. Make sure too your AIRAC cycles are consistent.

SimStarterNG allows you to configure P3D for different aircraft for example . I have two configs. One for Concorde where the scenery settings have to be reduced for VAS purposes and a Learjet config where VAS is not a problem and I can increase settings.

Without SimStarterNG you would have to change these manually each time you change aircraft. It's done for you in SSNG once you have configured it. This may be less of an issue in P3D v4 but you may still want different settings for FPS purposes.

It also runs other programs on P3D startup and you can also change which DLLs are loaded in the DLL.XML file so in my situation I don't need the FSL Concorde DLLs when I fly the Learjet. Not essential but it keeps things clean.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Wrong format, that is indeed odd. and if you'd save it as a different file type in general? It looks like efb accepts also a plan that is put in uplink.. right? ah, it looks so promising.

And thanks for the SSNG explanation. Indeed putting some settings down for VFR / IFR flying would be alreadya  big add 🙂

Victor Roos

1 hour ago, Victoroos said:

Wrong format, that is indeed odd. and if you'd save it as a different file type in general? It looks like efb accepts also a plan that is put in uplink.. right? ah, it looks so promising.

And thanks for the SSNG explanation. Indeed putting some settings down for VFR / IFR flying would be alreadya  big add 🙂

I had to test all the different ways of importing a plan but the one I now use is to select EFB in PFPX as well as the P3D one. I have a batch file that copies it from my NAS server to the routes folder in EFB2. With the airport filter option set it’s easy to find and load.

I don’t believe the basic SimStarter product is supported any more. The price for the commercial one is reasonable and support is excellent.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

awesome. Thanks for responding.

hm, I guess I have to make a step up for my flight running etc. And.. Simstarter can do what you do with a batch file..right? looking at the description and froogles vid?

Ah well, back to OT. Can't wait for v2 ^^

Victor Roos

Victor, SimStarter doesn’t run batch files. I run them manually from a desktop shortcut. I’m sure there are plenty of videos on SimStarter. Not sure I would recommend Froogle as he has an opinion on FS Labs I disagree with.

But that’s not relevant to this discussion. 🙂

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

SimStarter doesn’t run batch files

Actually it does...

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

I usually use Simbrief for my flight plans. Can I copy and paste a Simbrief flightplan into EFB?  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Egbert Drenth said:

Actually it does...

Fair enough. I prefer to do some things manually.

@Bobsk8, if Simbrief allows you to select the destination folder then I don't see why not.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather