Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

FlyTampa Copenhagen Kastrup

I had the pleasure of visiting FlyTampa Copenhagen Kastrup for the first time today (in P3D v3.4), and I was not disappointed. Those glass fronted terminal buildings with detailed interiors look stunning, and (just like with Amsterdam Schiphol) the framerates on my PC are very good considering the huge amount of detail being displayed (including all of the surrounding autogen), and the fact that I have 4x Sparse Grid SuperSampling enabled. I was disappointed with the framerate at first....until I realised that I still had the AFD file open in Airport Design Editor!

Talking of the AFD file, I noticed that several of the Heavy gates (the ones with a parking radius of 31.2 metres) are actually designated as "Gate Medium" (or even "Gate Small"), and the ground frequency is designated simply as "Ground", rather than  "Kastrup". Minor issues, but I would have thought that these would have been corrected over two years after the initial release. One other issue that I noted (and I am less certain of the solution to this) concerns the runway on which I landed. The "southwest winds" option enables runway 22R for take offs, and runway 22L for landings. I entered these into the FMC of the PMDG 737NGX (simple test circuit flightplan), but when I was on approach to runway 22L for the landing, I was cleared to land on runway 22R......even though 22L was the correct runway in the flightplan. This resulted in ATC asking me to contact Ground as soon as my wheels touched the runway. I checked the AFD file, and both runways are designated correctly. Does anyone know if there is a way to solve this problem? It's probably worth noting that this also happened to me once at FlyTampa Amsterdam Schiphol (when I was cleared to land on runway 18R when approaching 18C).

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

The author of that "improved AFD file" openly admits that he has still not solved the problem of some AI planes landing on runway 22R. I wonder why this happens at some airports? The two large airports with parallel runways in the UK (London Heathrow and Manchester) work perfectly on my PC with one runway set up for take offs, and the other for landings. Every single AI plane that I have observed at both of these airports has used the correct runway for landing, irrespective of which side of the airport they have approached.

I do not see any ILS navaids in the Copenhagen Kastrup AFD file, so I assume that ILS frequencies at this Flytampa airport are based on a custom setup?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

It's a good question. As far as I know, it's a limitation of the way AFD is working. But I don't know. 
Is there any way of modifying this? Disabling the ILS on 22R for instance?

• Like 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

That's what I was considering, Anders. It would have been easy to disable the ILS if it could be done in ADE, but this airport appears to have a custom setup....

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

18 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

That's what I was considering, Anders. It would have been easy to disable the ILS if it could be done in ADE, but this airport appears to have a custom setup....

Hmm ... but would disabling the ILS on a runway, prevent AI planes from using it for landing?!

• Like 2

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

It is already annoying that AI planes land on runways that have landings disabled, so anything is worth a try!

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I have noticed that the landing reference displayed on the PMDG FMC states 22R, even though the flightplan has been input with 22L as the landing runway. Is there a way to resolve this issue? The runways are set up correctly in ADE.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Bumping this topic as I am still being cleared to land on runway 22R even when it is set up for 22L in the flightplan. Does anyone know how to solve this?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I have tried all kinds of combinations in the AFD file, but I will try that just in case I missed it. For the record, I do not need to do that with (for example) UK2000 Manchester Xtreme or UK2000 Heathrow Xtreme, and they both work perfectly with a very similar configuration.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Last week i landed at runway 22R in my home city and there had to be some NOTAMS about that. I really would like a NOTAM "uncrypt" app like we have it for METAR and snow/ice. How is pilots orientation towards this in real life ?

EKCH by FT is nice and just need Dynamic lights improvement in my mind

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

3 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Last week i landed at runway 22R in my home city and there had to be some NOTAMS about that. I really would like a NOTAM "uncrypt" app like we have it for METAR and snow/ice. How is pilots orientation towards this in real life ?

Michael Moe

Aerosoft Mega Airport Bergen and Oslo have a built in notam update tool.

I seem to have solved my problem regarding landings on 22L at FlyTampa Copenhagen Kastrup. I decided to modify the AFD file so that 22R and 04L are both set up for take offs, and 22L and 04R are both set up for landings. Now, some of you may say that this is how it needs to be done.....but I have never had to do that anywhere else. I have separate runways for landings and take offs at EGCC Manchester and EGLL London Heathrow, and the AFD runways do not need to be set like this for them to work properly.

Whatever the case, after making the necessary modifications to the AFD file for Copenhagen, I immediately noticed that all of the incoming AI planes were being directed to land on runway 22L. I then conducted a quick test flight in my own plane.....and for the first time ever at this airport, I was cleared to land on runway 22L. This had always been the selected landing runway in my flightplans, but the simulator was always clearing me to land on 22R before today.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

On 10/3/2018 at 12:05 PM, Michael Moe said:

Michael Moe

Dynamics lights for EKCH...like this, perhaps??  https://www.inibuilds.com/dl-denmark

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case