Sign in to follow this  
duckbilled

PTA, Shaders, Tomatoes and Whatnot

Hi,

I am running 4.2 and I have the latest version of PTA (REX TD w/Soft Clouds and AS). Right now it is set to default. I know there are a few sites with lots of presets out there (REX has some, but I can't seem to find them right now). Can someone point me in the direction of a few popular ones that work with 4.2 and the latest version of PTA? I really don't feel like tinkering too much. I ain't got time for that. Just want to try a few out, set and forget.

Also, I read the tomato thread and it also looks interesting, but it looks like setup can take a while to get the PBR like effect. My system is on the old side and I'm not sure it could handle the fancy stuff anyway. Should I mess with than and put PTA out to pasture, or stick with PTA.

Edited by duckbilled

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Go to the PTA forum here at Avsim - there are several threads with various presets you can download.

If you don't like to tinker - just stay with PTA and use someone else's presets.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

16 minutes ago, Bills511 said:

Thanks everyone.

Are those REX ones compatible with 4.2 and the latest PTA? I remember when I first installed PTA there were issues with older presets.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

8 hours ago, duckbilled said:

Thanks everyone.

Are those REX ones compatible with 4.2 and the latest PTA? I remember when I first installed PTA there were issues with older presets.

Yes they are. 

• Like 1

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

I just bought EnvShade like 2 hours ago for $6 bucks, and I using it with Rex Texture Direct.  Looks great for me.

I tired the whole Reshade way (freeware way...including the old PTA when it was free), and it is not for me...install files and tweak.  I need it tweaked.  click and install.  I always spend more time tweaking than simming.  I am changing that habit.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)