Sign in to follow this  
Ted Stewart

Oryxsim CYLW Problem

Hi.

Have Oryxsim Kelowna X for FS9. Worked fine before 3 days ago. Now when I load CYLW  starts to load and gets to loading scenery objects and freezes at 0%. Have at # 1 priority in scenery cfg. No other afcads. If scenery deleted default CYLW works fine. No other scenerys were added. Any ideas would be helpful. Oryxsim was payware but support forum and website gone. Have tried installing in safe mode. If I go to CYVK & slew to CYLW the airport is White with only a few textures-aircraft  and sim will freeze. One other kicker, If I change date to Nov. 25-2011 scenery will load  ????

Thank-You

Edited by Ted Stewart
Added more info to problem

The date thing is odd! But how did you find out that 25 November 2011 works? How come you even tried that date? For the rest it sounds like a texture clash, one 32 bit texture among a herd of DXT1 textures, or something similar. A clash between mipped and unmipped textures can have the same result; I say "can" as it doesn't always result in a problem. Look at the textures in their folder, and is there one that you can "see" in miniature while all the rest are symbols? As to how it has come about, well maybe it is a new plane with an iffy texture? A scenery object can be only just in sight and over 20 miles away and give the same result, and if on previous flights you had visibility set at 10 miles and now it is at 20 then...........

The date thing is not accurate, it is the seasons. Winter,fall,spring all work. It is when summer started CYLW started not loading. Would this be a texture in the CYLW texture folder or a texture in the main texture folder within FS9 ?

Thank-You

The airport had a bad texture(s). On their website or forum or somewhere they offered replacement textures and also explained the offending textures and I believe you could remove the offending textures. It was a summer related texture 

Don't blame for my name, my parents were hippies and met in Woodstock

It looks as though OryxSim is no longer in business. If it’s allowed, I can post screenshots of my texture folder and you can go through the process of elimination 

Don't blame for my name, my parents were hippies and met in Woodstock

Please do. I bought this twice thinking my download was corrupt. I purchased through simmarket and even though I did have the download available. Please send me a copy of your corrected textures. This is an excellent scenery. I flew for Horizon Air and we flew the Q-400's into there from Portland.

My e-mail-tstewart100@comcast.net

On 6/25/2018 at 8:31 PM, Groovy_Kincaid said:

It looks as though OryxSim is no longer in business. If it’s allowed, I can post screenshots of my texture folder and you can go through the process of elimination 

Hi Groovy Kincaid!

Please, can you also send me a screenshot for that I can fix the problem too.

Kind regards,

Robert

After seeing this thread I checked and sure enough I had the same problem with Kelowna X.  I've owned the Kelowna X scenery since 2013, but obviously did not fly there in the sim during the summer months.  And I missed this thread back in 2018 when it was originally posted.   I wrote Oryxsim Support yesterday and had the fix overnight.  Unexpected excellent support for a product that is nearly a decade old.  The problem is a ground poly texture/textures that was formatted as DXT5, which of course is not supported by FS2004.

Greg

6 hours ago, gaputz said:

After seeing this thread I checked and sure enough I had the same problem with Kelowna X.  I've owned the Kelowna X scenery since 2013, but obviously did not fly there in the sim during the summer months.  And I missed this thread back in 2018 when it was originally posted.   I wrote Oryxsim Support yesterday and had the fix overnight.  Unexpected excellent support for a product that is nearly a decade old.  The problem is a ground poly texture/textures that was formatted as DXT5, which of course is not supported by FS2004.

Greg

Thanks for the information! I have submitted a request as well. By chance do you know which bgl's control the static aircraft? i don't want them and I am hesitant to reach out again until I hear back.

Try disabling ylwaclibFS9.bgl; YLWacplac.bgl; and YLWacplac2.bgl

Edited by gaputz
incomplete response