Sign in to follow this  
bigsky10

CJ2 crashes FSX on startup

I downloaded the Careanado's  525A CJ2 from the web site last night and installed it with Anti Virus disabled. It appeared to installed OK. When I start up FSX and select the CJ2 it crashes FSX. I haven't noticed the Navigraph update either. If I start up FSX with any other A/C then switch to CJ2 the A/C comes up.  I have deleted and downloaded and installed 3 times with the same effect. After deleting A/C and reinstalling it there was no notification to OK any of the .dll files normally used by third party aircraft venders. Anyone have any suggestions that might help me out.

Looking at event log error I found this cause:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version 10.0.61472.0, time stamp:0x475e17d3

Faulting module name: panel.dll, version 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e180d

Exception Code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0004273d

Faulting process: 0x628

Faulting application start time:0x01d40b1a74302425

Faulting application path: C:\FSX\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: C:\FSX\Panels.dll

Report Id: fee32097-770d-11e8-b8ed-002564e315e4

Thanks

Dick

FSX Deluxe Edition SP1 and SP2, Win 7 Home Premium SP1, Intel Core i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67 GHz 2.66 GHz,10 GB RAM, 64-bit Operating System, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 4MB Ram

In your first post I thought I read you had installed the GTN 750 integration MOD for the CJ2 ?

Ok, I found it in another post:

Edited by vonmar

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I hadn't installed the MOD yet because I wanted to make sure the A/C was working good first.

Dick

Hey Dick, 

Silly question but you selected the FSX version not the FSX steam version in the installer correct?  I've seen that cause some problems.  A few suggestions. When you uninstall make sure you go and remove all the folders in the simobjects/aircraft and fsx/gauge folder associated with the CJ2.  sometimes there are things left over.  Install using admin rights! After you install (don't open fsx yet), restart your machine first.  You may also want to try deleting your fsx.cfg file in your C:\users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX.  FSX will build you an all new one when you restart the game.....Just know you'll have to go back in and reapply any tweaks you added to it (I usually just rename my original fsx.cfg and move it to a different folder for this reason LOL).  Lastly don't put my mod anywhere near your cj2 folder until you've confirmed you're up and running correctly!

Jevon 

Thanks Nove,

Something is hanging around that shouldn't be when I uninstalled. My plan was to load it fly it and then work on installing the MOD. I'll work on it today.

Thanks

Dick

Novej,

Thanks for the help. I did everything you said (yes installed FSX) and the same thing happened. Got same results as before.  Just going to see if Carenado support can come up with anything. Even check the registry but no luck. If I migrate P3D I will have A/C to install and won't have to buy.

Funny it works OK after you select another aircraft first in startup window, change to cj2 hit fly it works.

Thanks

Dick

9 minutes ago, bigsky10 said:

Novej,

Thanks for the help. I did everything you said (yes installed FSX) and the same thing happened. Got same results as before.  Just going to see if Carenado support can come up with anything. Even check the registry but no luck. If I migrate P3D I will have A/C to install and won't have to buy.

Funny it works OK after you select another aircraft first in startup window, change to cj2 hit fly it works.

Thanks

Dick

Is it still giving the same fault error?

Jevon 

1 hour ago, bigsky10 said:

Thanks

Dick

This is not uncommon for a complex aircraft..  Flight1 always recommends starting FSX with the Cessna  :wink:

Bert

I was recently having an issue with the CJ2 crashing P3D on me. I tried getting support from Carenado, but they were very unresponsive. I later discovered that the problem was, that I had NavDataPro manually installed into it. It's actually not compatible at all. So I bought a cycle from Navigraph instead and it's working fine now.

I realise this may not be the same problem you are having, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough