Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

New training aircraft advice needed

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

I would recommend the A2A Cherokee for a good trainer

Yeah, II can see a good few of them, nice looking planes. I can't see one with the G1000 cockpit, though. I assume there aren't any IRL. that C172 L looks great, though. 

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

26 minutes ago, Gary McCluskey said:

Yeah, II can see a good few of them, nice looking planes. I can't see one with the G1000 cockpit, though. I assume there aren't any IRL. that C172 L looks great, though. 

The GTN 650 works great in the A2A GA aircraft. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

28 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

The GTN 650 works great in the A2A GA aircraft.

I'll give it a go, thanks!

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

1 hour ago, Bill Griffith said:

I wasn't aware of another GTN add-on for the A2A aircraft.  I would be interested in learning about that one.  Thank you.

BIll,
The Reality XP drops right in.  Just use the A2A configurator and select the F1 GTN option. Then in the simulator, use the Reality XP configurator in the simulator Add Ons menu to replace F1 with RXP.  You do not need to own the F1, you are just configuring and then replacing configuration.  The RXP configurator will also help you define a pop up.

Here is the RXP GTN 750 in the A2A Cessna 182. The RXP GTN Touch Screen works fine, but for the physical buttons and knobs I find I must use the pop up.  Honestly the only physical controls I use on the GTN is occasional use of the D-> button.  The rest of the functions can all be done through the screen, which works fine in the VC.

A2A_RXP_GTN750.jpg

Edited by fppilot
  • Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Thank you for the information Frank.  I missed that Reality XP now had a GTN.  I did see in the A2A Configurator that the Reality XP selection was greyed out.  I will probably have to give it a try.  I like the updated database.  It looks just fine in your screen shot.  Sorry to get a bit off topic.  🙂

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

On 24 June 2018 at 4:42 AM, Bills511 said:

Carenado has C172SP Skyhawk G1000, C208B Grand Caravan EX HD Series, CT206H Stationair G1000 Extension Pack.

You can add the SR22 GTSX TURBO HD to that if you are looking for a smaller plane. The same G1000 as the other Carenado planes. I have not flown it for a while though, just checked if it works in P3D 4.2

Johan Pienaar

20 minutes ago, pinepix62 said:

You can add the SR22 GTSX TURBO HD to that if you are looking for a smaller plane. The same G1000 as the other Carenado planes. I have not flown it for a while though, just checked if it works in P3D 4.2

I have this sr22 and I can’t get it to display gps course on the pfd in the vc. I’ve been looking all over for a fix to no avail. I can’t get used to having the 2d panel open and seeing the conflicting info in the cockpit. It gets confusing.

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 12:01 PM, Bill Griffith said:

Thank you for the information Frank.  I missed that Reality XP now had a GTN.  I did see in the A2A Configurator that the Reality XP selection was greyed out.  I will probably have to give it a try.  I like the updated database.  It looks just fine in your screen shot.  Sorry to get a bit off topic.  🙂

Bill

Hi Bill,
Here are some more details for using RXP GTN for A2A 172, 182.
Bill

33 minutes ago, Bills511 said:

Hi Bill,
Here are some more details for using RXP GTN for A2A 172, 182.
Bill

Thank you for the information Bill.

Bill

Bill  N7IBG