Sign in to follow this  
OldFlyboy

PC-12 Brakes Will Not Hold

As soon as the engine starts the plane begins moving and speed increasing.  Parking brakes are set but do not hold even at low throttle.  Same if I use brakes on rudder pedals. Is there a setting to adjust braking?

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

That's a problem I encountered with a number of Carenado airplanes. When the Saab 340 was released, I submitted a ticket and the problem was gone in their next fixpack. I suggest to write to them, it would be great if the PC12 was fixed as well.

Peter

OldFlyBoy

I have the Carenado PC12, since last Christmas,  and as long as the engine is running and parking brakes are set and the Torque is showing 13.5 or less the plane will not move.

I use Saitek foot pedals and I have my brakes set to maximum sensitivity and zero for the null zone.

Hope this helps

Malcolm Wright

Thanks for the replies.  I also have Saitek and will check sensitivity.  Hope that fixes it. Otherwise all my flights will need to start from active runway.

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

OldFlyboy,

On the PC-12 and other PT6 turboprops, put the Condition lever in the fuel cut-off position first thing and set the Parking Brake. Then put throttle in Ground Idle position. Now hit the ignition button and watch the NG gauge and WAIT for it to get to 12%. Once NG is at 12-20%, move Condition lever a SMALL amount to allow fuel to flow to the engine. Once engine fires up, wait for it to wind up the NG and then back down to less the 13.5. Now you can move the Condition lever all the way forward, the plane won't lunge forward.

Hope this works for you. It has worked for me on all the PT6 turboprops i use (PC12, Piper Cheyenne, etc.)

Due to a bug in FSX, parking brakes are much more effective if you enable the anti-skid. (You have to assign a button or key for this function). 

Not only does this greatly increase braking and parking brake performance, it also keeps the wheels from locking up when applying brakes. Works with all aircraft in FSX/P3D.

Btw, if you are using P3D v4.3 you can exchange the single fuel_flow_gain line in the [TurbineEngineData] section in the aircraft.cfg file with these four lines:

[TurbineEngineData]

fuel_flow_gain.0 = 35, 0.001 
fuel_flow_gain.1 = 40, 0.01 
fuel_flow_gain.2 = 60, 0.02 
fuel_flow_gain.3 = 66, 0.04 

This modification makes the engine start much more realistic as it provides a realistic (slow) spool up and hence almost completely removes torque and RPM overshoot.

It also slightly decreases the engine response time during normal ops.

Edited by J35OE

Thanks Joe---I will try this out later today if I have time. Otherwise  tomorrow and will report back

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

On 7/25/2018 at 7:37 PM, J35OE said:

Btw, if you are using P3D v4.3 you can exchange the single fuel_flow_gain line in the [TurbineEngineData] section in the aircraft.cfg file with these four lines:

[TurbineEngineData]

fuel_flow_gain.0 = 35, 0.001 
fuel_flow_gain.1 = 40, 0.01 
fuel_flow_gain.2 = 60, 0.02 
fuel_flow_gain.3 = 66, 0.04 

This modification makes the engine start much more realistic as it provides a realistic (slow) spool up and hence almost completely removes torque and RPM overshoot.

It also slightly decreases the engine response time during normal ops.

Starting the engine works much much better with these values.

Thanks a lot...

PS: Are these parameters "fuel_flow_gain.0 1 2 3" have been added new in P3Dv4.3?

Edited by Raller

Win 10 Pro | P3Dv4.5 | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | I5-9600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB RAM | SSD | T.16000M

5 hours ago, Raller said:

PS: Are these parameters "fuel_flow_gain.0 1 2 3" have been added new in P3Dv4.3?

I have no idea when LM added this feature and 4.3 is my first P3Dv4, so I don't know if this works with earlier P3D versions.

Edited by J35OE