Sign in to follow this  
Guest B1900 Mech

How to make buildings solid?

Even though I have the "realism settings" to the extreme right.I can still pass through buldings like superman. (Some buildings and trees, I crash... some I dont,..I suspect its payware sceneries that seem to be non solid).When I doing IFR with low visibility, If I hit some buildings... I would never know it. It would be like I did a perfect IFR flight. Thats not good.What is the best to way to make sure...all trees and buildings are "solid"? IF I execute a bad NDB approach and I inadvertantly smack a building, I want that feedback.Any ideas?Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

There's nothing you can do about that. The reason some buildings cause crashes and not others is that the crash detection has to be enabled in the building model. As a scenery designer, I always turn crash detection off. The reason I do that is in FS9, if you are in external veiw, and pan the view over a building or object that has crash detection enable, you will experience a crash. That happens even when your plane is parked and shut down. That's very annoying when you are looking around an airport or whatever, so I disable it in my sceneries.

Guest B1900 Mech

Isnt that the main reason I am not able to land my new Coast Guard Jayhawk on a moving cutter? I hope FSX can solve this:-)