Sign in to follow this  
N400QW

Aerosoft Cheyenne First impressions

Lets put it this way..It costs as much as 10-14 Gallons of Avgas.:)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Have to agree with Owen on this one...Hans and Team are some of the best in the busines:-)As to price, considering the fact that an accurate aircraft provides many YEARS of enjoyment....it's a drop in the bucket to some:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>Have to agree with Owen on this one...Hans and Team are some>of the best in the busines:-)>>As to price, considering the fact that an accurate aircraft>provides many YEARS of enjoyment....it's a drop in the bucket>to some:-)>>So true Ron, I know you've been taking some flight lessons so you know how expensive real aviation is and what a real value simming is in comparison.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Zane, so true. The cost of 1 hour of flight instruction far exceeds the cost of any addon aircraft I can think of at the moment....:-) :-)As a pilot I'm sure you are aware of the costs for 1 hour of solo pattern work just to keep yourself "fresh"Addon aircraft are extremely economical and provide YEARS of enjoyment for those who own them. Flightsim folks need to realize that anything invloved with the word "aviation" automatically becomes more expensive....:-):-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guys, guys, please don't compare real world flying with the sim when it comes to cost. Were not talking about a real airplane here or having a to pay a real instructor with many hours of training. It really just a bunch of 1 & 0's. I too think the price is steep considering what other VIRTUAL airplanes of the genre are going for.The Baron58 is among the best deal around for a twin considering what you get with it. And the KingAir is $10 cheaper.That being said I did buy it (the boxed version, don't have it yet).

The price comparison between US$ and Euro's has been done often enough.If you live and work in Euroland, why on earth sell in US$? For all the customers in Europe there's no problem (and they have to pay more because of VAT). Sure, when you convert the Euro to US$ this may be more than the Baron, but then the Baron is developed and published in the US.The same thing happened a while ago when Real Air decided to sell in a local currency. After all, why should should Europeans income suffer because of the value of the US$?

Cheers

Paul Golding

>"Guys, guys, please don't compare real world flying with the sim when it comes to cost. Were not talking about a real airplane here or having a to pay a real instructor with many hours of training. >It really just a bunch of 1 & 0's."We were pointing out the fact that prices are relative in order to show that the work involved in making those "1s and 0s" work well and cause years of enjoyment deserves whatever the PRODUCER of those 1s and 0s wishes to charge for his work.:-)It is obvious that some will think the price for an addon is "too much for me" while others will not "even blink" at the cost of what they wish to own:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest JIMJAM

Well I got a few 1s and 0s that need fixin.If I touch the right or left mixtures, the engine dies. Its either on or off.Either vc or pop up.I will not even get into the adi being backwards as I know thats been discussed.Been flying the Cheyenne a good bit since yesterday and even with the bugs still a keeper.

I think that's how the condition levers are supposed to work on all the variants except the IIXL. They're on or off. The IIXL has a high-idle setting but I haven't tried it yet.Lewis "Moose" GregoryRichmond, Virginia

Thanks for the responses to this thread, I finally found the time to check her out. After a 30 minute flight, I am very impressed. Amazing modeling and texuring, lots of detail and runs great. As a modeler myself, I tend to be more critical of designs and usually find some small issue that takes away from the design visually and I have yet to find any of that is this one, it is superb. I will say this, as a VC only flyer, this is one fine 2D panel. Guess my Baron is back in the hanger now, LOL.Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/tfbeta.jpg

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest jboweruk

She's definitely on my 'todo' list. Along with the PMDG747, but I'm going to wait until Farnborough for that as there will be a flightsim store with a stand there, so hoping I'll be able to buy it there. That'd be a nice memento of what is so far promising to be a great airshow.

Personally I love this plane! I think it has the best light setting in VC at night I've ever seen! I recorded a short movie just to somewhat show how nice it is. I realize I am no Steven Spielberg and please pay no attention to the take off/landing speeds or throttle settings! :) http://www.alcom.aland.fi/kitte/pmdg/cheyenne2.wmv or if the link doesn't work simly go to http://www.alcom.aland.fi/kitte/pmdg and click on the link.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Guest Ricardo Sevarant

I will tell you right off the bat that Alex Metzger's flight dynamics for the Dreamfleet Baron are not very well implemented at all. I don't own the Aerosoft Cheyenne, so I can't personally comment on it's particular flight characteristics.Metzger's Dreamfleet Baron dynamics have a host of problems, including initial climb rate being far too excessive; CG problems; bad slipping characteristics, stall characteristics, landing attitude characteristics - these are all messed up as any real-world Baron pilots will confirm. I'm not tying to simply bash the product, but rather I feel commercial programs should be evaluated by customers objectively and bluntly. If you tried to land a real Baron the same way one is forced to land the Dreamfleet Baron in Flight Simulator, you'd subscribe to a very short lifespan :) I hope Metzger has improved with the Cheyenne.

>I will tell you right off the bat that Alex Metzger's flight>dynamics for the Dreamfleet Baron are not very well>implemented at all. I don't own the Aerosoft Cheyenne, so I>can't personally comment on it's particular flight>characteristics.>>Metzger's Dreamfleet Baron dynamics have a host of problems,>including initial climb rate being far too excessive; CG>problems; bad slipping characteristics, stall characteristics,>landing attitude characteristics - these are all messed up as>any real-world Baron pilots will confirm. I'm not tying to>simply bash the product, but rather I feel commercial programs>should be evaluated by customers objectively and bluntly. >>If you tried to land a real Baron the same way one is forced>to land the Dreamfleet Baron in Flight Simulator, you'd>subscribe to a very short lifespan :) I hope Metzger has>improved with the Cheyenne. Hmmm... the real Baron pilots on the beta team would tend to disagree with your viewpoint. I recall several FDE revisions so that they felt that Alex got it right. Perhaps you could teach the Baron pilots from our beta team how to correctly fly their Barons ;).

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888