Sign in to follow this  
N400QW

Aerosoft Cheyenne First impressions

Guest Len

Great looking. The sounds may be the best I've heard yet.

Guest Ricardo Sevarant

Dreemfleet apparently went for the 'reasonable facsimile' in regards to Baron flight dynamics. Just because a developer makes claims that real world pilots in the type endorse there product doesn't make it right, sorry. I don't need to teach Baron pilot's how to fly their planes, but frankly if they try to land the Dreamfleet Baron as they do an actual Baron (especially in a crosswind), they're in for a big surprise :) The DF Baron has always been messed up from day one. I can only hope the Cheyenne has evolved more.

Ricardo,You and I can agree on one point and this is not limited to the Dreamfleet Baron. If any sim pilot or real pilot for that matter uses a home computer based simulator be it X-plane, MSFS, Fly, Elite, etc. to learn how to land a real plane they are certainly in for a very rude surprise when they try to transfer that experience to piloting a real life landing.You are certainly welcome to your personal opinion about the Dreamfleet Baron's dynamics. I was there during the development and know just how much work did go into this and feel given MSFS's limitations that Alex did a wonderful job. You can probably tell by my tone I don't take kindly to being told we did a sloppy job.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest Mesa

That's such a good video! That convinces me to buy it more than any screenshots I've seen so far. So nice to actually hear the engines on a FS video too rather than terrible music. Thanks for sharing it.

Very nicely done... and yes it does look that good... even better :)... and yes... it does sound that good... even better :)... can you tell I like it?

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Have to agree with Zane here...NO addon aircraft that we are aware of duplicates the real thing in landing...example, the heavy control pressures and the forward view during flare, in landing a real world Baron do not translate into the simulator:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Rico, just how many hours do you have in your real life logbook for the Baron? Are you even type rated on the Baron? Are you even a real pilot?Simply making sweeping and gratuitous statements without some bona fides to back them up is seriously lacking in credibility...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest av84fun

<>You are obviously on an anti-Dreamfleet vendetta. You have routinely flamed DF's work in threads you have initiated and as in this case, you use threads specific to other aircraft.The fact that your comments are uninformed and in most cases clearly at odds with actual flight dynamics is obvious to most real world pilots.No one belives in free speach more than I do but I also believe in following the rules of this forum which fobid bashing of vendors.I will now express my opinion which is that your repeated trashing of Dreamfleet's work is, in fact, bashing. Regards,Jim

>I don't need to teach Baron pilot's how to fly their planes,>but frankly if they try to land the Dreamfleet Baron as they>do an actual Baron (especially in a crosswind), they're in for>a big surprise :) The DF Baron has always been messed up>from day one. I can only hope the Cheyenne has evolved more.I think I've figured it out... :(Your Dreamfleet Baron has been installed with the stock MSFS "Piper Cub", as it's basic default "base" plane, instead of the default 172 at Seattle flight scenario.Apparently, the default Cub works for some, but for others, it's nearly impossible to takeoff with full realism settings, without dropping a wing and ground looping. Much, much tougher than the real Cub is!With the Cub, it's a mysterious disease of computer electrons. It varies depending on time of day (or month), and the mood of the user! Like I said, for some it's fine, and others, death and destruction on every takeoff, which is much like your Baron/crosswind statement. See a connection?Since your obsevations of the DF Baron apparently vary with an arc of 180 degrees from other real world pilots, including real world Baron owner/pilots that I can vouch for; then I can only assume these problems are actually happening to YOU! Just re-install over the default 172 instead of that Piper Cub, and perhaps everything will become a total joy... :D L.Adamson

Guest av84fun

:D>>Priceless! :-)Rico should probably also yank his Realism Settings all the way to the left which would likely correspond with his real world multi-engine experience. His video comaping an actual Baron landing vs. the DF Baron was just too funny because he had no way to know about such minor issues as weight and CG, etc. so he must think that landing dynamics are all the same regardless of those issues.ROFLMAO