Sign in to follow this  
Otterpilit

Logbook

I had to reinstall the client version of P3dV4 due to a crash.  the program seems to be logging flights but when I go to the Analysis to look at the logbook it is not showing the flights flown after I did the client re-install.    Does someone have a fix for this I hate to dump the past flight records.

Thanks

Ken

• Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

It is a great program to manage what you have logged, but nothing beats making backups!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I use Excel spreadsheets.   Each plane has it's own spreadsheet- and each tab is an individual flight, for instance one tab might read KORD-KMIA and the next tab for the next flight would be something like KMIA-KSAN, etc.   I track the real life date, the sim date, the sim time, starting/ending fuel, passenger count, starting and ending scenario name, etc.  I also paste in the airport diagrams for source and destination and the approach/departure diagrams....it's nice because once it has been setup, everything I need is in one place.   Lastly, I can even drop in in-flight pictures taken with the snip tool.   And I regularly back up this folder full of spreadsheets to an external USB drive.  It's a little extra work up front, but I now have something concrete I can point to for the time I've spent.  Wish I had started doing this well over 20 years ago.   Feel free to IM me if anyone wants to be emailed an example spreadsheet, it's pretty nicely laid out in sections, as I've been using Excel for longer than I can remember.

Mark

"I heard all things in the heaven and in the earth.  I heard many things in hell."  - Edgar Allan Poe

3 hours ago, gregmorin said:

I just noticed that Vic gave you the same link. Sorry about that Vic.

Greg

No problem Greg! What is it they say about great minds?..........

🙂

Vic

• Like 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Unfortunately Dan Downs' app doesn't work for me. All records seem to contain errors in "Aircraft Category". I yet have to dive in and try to find what is the culprit here.

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

25 minutes ago, hvw said:

Unfortunately Dan Downs' app doesn't work for me. All records seem to contain errors in "Aircraft Category". I yet have to dive in and try to find what is the culprit here.

This was reported to me a couple of months ago and I found that FSLabs is using an undocumented value for the aircraft category.  The Pilot's Records UI in P3D that displays the logbook doesn't display category so I'm not sure what's going on here.  Category is the kind of vehicle such as glider, fixed wing, rotary wing and amphibious.  Those should be  the only choices... I'm not sure what category the FSLabs belongs.

The fix is to ignore the errors.. If I recall the only problem is one has to assign a proper value and then it works.  I could be wrong but I the person I was helping seemed okay to just ignore the issue.  If you want to dive in further you can contact me via the email address in either the readme or the user guide for LogEdit.

Edited by downscc

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan,

>>If you want to dive in further you can contact me via the email address in either the readme or the user guide for LogEdit.<<

I'll drop you a line via email.

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

I had to reload P3D, and each flight I make seems to go into the Logbook.bin file, but when I go to the menu and click on Analysis, Pilot Records  it does not show my recently logged flights,  Is there a fix for this?

Ken

2 hours ago, Otterpilit said:

I had to reload P3D, and each flight I make seems to go into the Logbook.bin file, but when I go to the menu and click on Analysis, Pilot Records  it does not show my recently logged flights,  Is there a fix for this?

Ken

Hi Ken.  I assume you think logbook.bin is updating because the file date/time changes.  The problem might be a few corrupt records in the logbook, P3D ignores errors and simply does not display records without letting the user know there are errors.  Believe it or not this is an "improvement" from FSX that when loading a logbook.bin file that had problems it would shut down FSX.  More than one user has had to delete the logbook.bin file to get FSX to run.

If you use my logbook editor, it tells you when a record has an error and let's you skip it.  There's no practical way to fix the errors, but you can skip those records and once you have it loaded in LogEdit and you save it you file will be error free.

Dan Downs KCRP