Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

New 49" Display Pauses With nVidia 980TI

I purchased a Samsung 4K QLED 6 (QN49Q6F) 49" TV 3840 x 2160 native resolution and the results are amazing as I followed Rob A's setup instructions which is pinned at the top of this sub-forum.  The visuals are crisp and motion extremely fluid both in the VC and outside views however, I have started to experience pausing of up to 20 seconds and was wondering if it could be an issue with my GPU.  Can it keep up!  I haven't experienced any pauses before installing the new display.

On the display I have UHD selected which allows for the high native resolution of 3840 x 2160 @ 30 Hz with RGB coloring.  I have locked the frames at 30 FPS and enabled vsync and tripple buffering in the sim and the frames are pretty much locked at 29.9 FPS when I hit Shift+Z.  Is it time for me to upgrade the GPU as well?

I have read that users are experiencing issues with an app called Process Lasso which sets a permanent affinity mask.  I also employ FFTF from FSPS and set the FPS benchmark.  Hmm, now that I think of it I believe it is set for a range between 24-37 FPS, that may be it.  I will check that out.

Thank you,

Robert

\Robert Hamlich/

I was under the impression that if your monitor has a refresh rate of  30 Hz, and you have your sim locked at 30 FPS you wouldn't need to have vsync on. If your monitor had a refresh rate of 60 or 120 Hz then vsync would help minimize tearing? I'm just starting to look into this so hopefully someone can confirm this? In the mean time have you tried it with vsync off?

Cheers

Martin

I think...frame rate should be @ "unlimited" (in P3D) with that setup.

Greg     

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Dont know what sim do you use, i assume is P3D, but my 1080 ti struggles to maintain 30fps in all situations in 4k with pretty high settings, with a 980ti...

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

4 hours ago, dmarques69 said:

Dont know what sim do you use, i assume is P3D, but my 1080 ti struggles to maintain 30fps in all situations in 4k with pretty high settings, with a 980ti...

Prepar3d v4.2, yes. I run with medium settings, the only thing I bump up is scenery.

I haven’t had a chance to test but the FFTF app was set to FPS 24-42 and I’ve slid that back to 24-30. I can’t test until Wednesday as I’m out of town. 

\Robert Hamlich/