Sign in to follow this  
ctiger

Fifty North and wingviews

Would like to know if any folks have purchased the 50N package with wingviews and provide their comments on the wingviews.Thanks,Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Guest Eurosky

They are dynamic wingviews (the exterior wings are visible in the virtual cockpit mode). No cabin visible. Hope this helps?

Guest ThrottleUp

A tiny whinge:The wingviews show no lights...so you can have your strobes and nav lights on but you wil not see them on the wingviews :(Otherwise its a great deal...very nice visual model!!

"The wingviews show no lights...so you can have your strobes and nav lights on but you wil not see them on the wingviews :("You can easily fix this. If you look in the aircraft.cfg, look to see what effects files are being used for the strobes and nav lights. If you open up the fx file, you can easily edit the effect and make it visible from the 2-d cockpit side views and VC views. I have a post somewhere on this, but if you open up an existing FX file where you'll likely see what I am talking about. I see all strobes and NAV lights on all my wing views, in all my aircraft now.Regards,JohnEdit: Don't thank me now, I probably won't see the reply. Today's the first day I've posted in the last few weeks, and probably the last for a while as I am flying outta town again. Just in case anyone's wondered why I am not around, it's not because anybody got me angry--I'm just not here that much :)

Thanks all for you response. I have purchased. Now to go out and install a good panel.Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Nevin,Thanks for suggestion. I have been trying out the he733v2 and the Ultimate Boeing PanelV2.2.. Howvever the one you suggested also looks very inviting. Will give it a try over the weekend. Also noticed they are working on a A320 panel.Carl

Carl

Guest ThrottleUp

------------------------------------------------ Also noticed they are working on a A320 panel.------------------------------------------------I didnt catch that! Will have to keep a lookout! BTW those other panels you are looking at...they are here on Avsim? :)

i got it ages ago on the strenght of the Cockpit update, I see little point in wing views if there is no cabin as one cannot see the wings from the flight deck. In the end i have given up on waiting for the prommised cockpit update, and ordered the Just flight Pilot in command version of this plane.

Guest ThrottleUp

-----------------------------------------------I see little point in wing views if there is no cabin as one cannot see the wings from the flight deck-----------------------------------------------Just set them so the viewpoint is behind the cockpit where the passenger seats will be. Try this, insert them into your 50N panel.cfg: :)(VIEWS) <---square bracketsVIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_EYE=2, -0.300, -20.000VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_DIR=2.0, 0.000, 293VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_EYE=-1.45, -0.300, -20.000VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_DIR=2.0, 0.000, 68.000VIEW_LEFT_EYE=0.01, -0.200, -15.5VIEW_LEFT_DIR=6, 0.000, 270VIEW_RIGHT_EYE=0.8, -0.200, -15.5VIEW_RIGHT_DIR=6.1, 0.000, 090VIEW_REAR_LEFT_EYE=0.900, 0.700, 0VIEW_REAR_LEFT_DIR=5.000, 0.000, 223.000VIEW_REAR_RIGHT_EYE=0.000, 0.700, 0VIEW_REAR_RIGHT_DIR=5.000, 0.000, 137.000VIEW_REAR_EYE=-0.700, 0.300, -7.000VIEW_REAR_DIR=29.000, 0.000, 246.5

Do a search at Avsim file library under FS2004 panels for he733v2.zip and the other is "theultimativeboeingpanel_v30.zip". Both are very good panels IMO. Carl

Carl

Nevin,You made my day with those wingviews. They work with no problem with the 2d panel. I have been using the wingview in the VC with Active camera, now I have both 2d and VC. If we only could come across a good VC panel. Carl

Carl

Guest ThrottleUp

Glad you liked them Carl :)Now Im gonna do what John said - so that we can see the wingtip lights in the wingviews!BTW thanks John!

thanks for the edits, but i don't think you understood my drift. what i meant was i do not understand the reason for having wing views if you do not have a cabin, because you cannot see the wing views from the cockpit, i think it is far more important to have a cockpit even if it is only a 2 D version although it is important it has some kind of side views, personally i think it is unacceptable for a payware aircraft to have no cockpit.

Nevin,Would appreiate any help in providing a little more detail on just how to get those lights going on the wingtips. I read John's message but couldn't understand what you need to do in layman's terms..Thanks,Carl

Carl