Sign in to follow this  
mgh

Airspace Violation

Guest yarvelling

What in the world was that idiot playing at?!?!?!You can't just go off sightseeing like that without any form of ATC clearance surely? He must have been out of any form of ATC comunications as I'm pretty sure that at least one controller would warn him of a possibility of a small bunch of fast red jets buzzing around the area!

Doesn't the CAA say pilots must review all information available pertaining the flight? I know the FAA does. FAA now shows graphical TFRs including airshow areas.----------------------------------------------------------------John MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satillite, Private ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.Virtual: MSFS 2004"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

He broke most of the rules. I just checked to see what the Red Arrows are doing this weekend:NAVW: FROM 05/05/28 15:25 TO 05/05/28 15:57 J1972/05 E) AUS 05-05-0033/1341/AS1 TEMPORARY RESTRICTED AIRSPACE HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED UNDER ARTICLE 85 OF THE ANO 2000 FOR A RED ARROWS DISPLAY WI 6NM RADIUS 5320N 00349W (LLANDUDNO PROMENADE, CLWYD). AUS ACN 05-05-0033 AND AIC 25/2005 (MAUVE144) REFER. F)SFC G)8000FT AMSL

Guest Divergent Phugoid

You don't need ATC clearance in Class G airspace. I have often flown by Beachy Head to "sight see", there is no issue in that. The problem was the annual Eastbourne Airshow along the seafront with the aerobatics over the sea. This guy just didn't read his NOTAMs, and being forign didn't know about the show. There are many who don't read NOTAMs properly and they get away with it 99 times out of 100. The UK CAA are going after anybody who infringes a TRA (Temporary Restricted Airspace).That violation was last Summer. The CAA tracked the chap down to Holland.

What, don't you guys want him shot down? I mean think of the damage he could have done. :-lol :-lolOh I guess diffferent rules depending on where the violation occurs huh, and who is doing the violating, huh?Regards,Joe :-outtaaopa.gif" border="0" alt="Grab My FREEWARE Voice recognition Profiles here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=58334]Cessna 172 Voice Profile[/a][a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=60740]FSD Avanti Voice Profile[/a].You will need the main FREEWARE Flight Assistant program to use it, get it here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=genutils&DLID=39661]Flight Assistant 2.2[/a]

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

>What, don't you guys want him shot down? Who here said that?>I mean think of the damage he could have done. :-lol :-lolYes, he could have killed himself, his passenger and a member of the Red Arrows team. But you seem to think that would be amusing.>Oh I guess diffferent rules depending on where the violation>occurs huh, and who is doing the violating, huh?Any incompetent pilot who blunders into controlled airspace without authorisation needs to be dealt with. Or do you disagree?