Sign in to follow this  
thenikos

vnav speed differences

hi dave and everybody else !!!

some time now,i started using vnav on both pmdg 747 and qw 787.but i always have some differences between pilot2atc vnav speeds during sid and starts. for example today the vnav of 787 during sid was having a speed restriction of 250 and pilot2atc , 230. so pilot2atc was complaining to reduce the speed. i suppose both of them take the vnav restriction speeds by the 1807 cycle. why then there is a difference? (of course i can correct it by hand at the fmc of the plane but it takes time 🙂 )

for both of them and pilot2atc and 787 i enter manually the flight plan to be totally sure its exactly the same. in our example when i depart from lgsa airport using 29 runway and sokri5a sid, i get 230 speed from pilot2atc, 250 from 787, using both the 1807 cycle.

thank you

Nikos Kasimatis

Looking at the raw AIRAC 1807 data for P2A, there is a speed restriction of 230 kts at PLH39.

It's possible that there is a discrepancy in the data for the 787, or that the 787 FMC is ignoring the restriction.  If you can view the raw data being used by the FMC and find a discrepancy, you can report it to your data provider.

You can turn off the Speed Restriction warnings by checking the "ATC Ignores Published Speed Limits" option on the FltPlan tab of Config.

Dave

On 6/25/2018 at 6:31 PM, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Looking at the raw AIRAC 1807 data for P2A, there is a speed restriction of 230 kts at PLH39.

Yes, the digital encoding would presumably have to do it that way. The chart itself shows it on the curve -- a max of 230kn with a bank of 25 degrees. This is on the curve between SUD28 and PLH39.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen