Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Prepar3D v4.3 has been released

5 minutes ago, TrentXWB said:

Full install or only client? or also content?

Only you can answer that question: simply read the release notes: if you want the new content, then yes, also the content, if you don't want the new content, then no.

Edited by Guest

Finally, performance of Dynamic Lighting improved!

" Placed dynamic lights are now processed in clusters with additional distance-based checks improving performance."

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Just now, Nemo said:

Finally, performance of Dynamic Lighting improved!

I wonder how much. Guess I’ll find it when I test it.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

Flying the PMDG B777 in the new P3Dv4.3 now.

Everything seems smooother:)

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

1 minute ago, sfgiants13 said:

I wonder how much. Guess I’ll find it when I test it.

I know Simbol should be testing his stuff now.  His Free AI Light packages uses Dynamic Lighting.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

I never know the best way to go about doing an upgrade? Should I wait for add-on updates or does this not require anything major like 4.2?

• Upvote 1

Anyone tried FSL A320 yet  please let us know ?

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

It's been out for almost an hour and not one review or full set of test results released to the forum. No one has yet reported on compatibility of all add-ons. And no one has yet told me how well it will specifically work on my system.

Outraged. I give up with this site.

😁

Edited by Jetset408
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

7 minutes ago, DDWareing said:

I never know the best way to go about doing an upgrade? Should I wait for add-on updates or does this not require anything major like 4.2?

My question exactly.

Vic green

15 minutes ago, roarkr said:

Everything seems smooother:)

LOL

9 minutes ago, DDWareing said:

Should I wait for add-on updates or does this not require anything major like 4.2?

No one knows yet. If you are unsure, wait at least a day until the first reports are in: by then you may know if the addons you are using need updating or not. If you really want to fly today or tomorrow using your favorite addons, do not update yet.

Download full P3Dv4.3

Uninstall 4.2 Client and intall 4.3 Client and test you add-ons. It takes 2 minutes to do the uninstall 4.2 and install 4.3.

If you are not happy or have issues, just uninstall 43. client and install 4.2 client again and you are back again.

Edited by roarkr

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

8 minutes ago, roarkr said:

Download full P3Dv4.3

Uninstall 4.2 Client and intall 4.3 Client and test you add-ons. It takes 2 minutes to do the uninstall 4.2 and install 4.3.

If you are not happy or have issues, just uninstall 43. client and install 4.2 client again and you are back again.

Will do thanks!

I can't wait to do some hurricane hunting in the C-130!

• Like 1

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Using my SmartStarter w/MapLog with P3Dv4.3 and it works as in 4.2. So easy to load PMDG flights.

20 minutes ago, J van E said:

LOL

No one knows yet. If you are unsure, wait at least a day until the first reports are in: by then you may know if the addons you are using need updating or not. If you really want to fly today or tomorrow using your favorite addons, do not update yet.

Yeah sure, fat chance! :smile:

• Upvote 1