Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Prepar3D v4.3 has been released

46 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Finally, performance of Dynamic Lighting improved!

" Placed dynamic lights are now processed in clusters with additional distance-based checks improving performance."

I wanna believe.....I really do....

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

The included C-130’s are a nice unexpected feature...I’m looking forward to trying them out.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, roarkr said:

Folks with massive add-ones collection should wait for a week or two at least.

1. ObjectFlow

2. AS2016

3. Ezdok

4. PMDG/FSLabs 

...I'm not mentioning individual airports' sceneries and other products.

• Upvote 1

This point release should last all the way to end of the year.  Approx 6-7 months until the next point release.

I am just getting my p3d 4.3 installed as I write this post.

Edited by Skywolf
  • Like 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Performance is great, but AS4 no longer works...simconnect hast to be updated for v4.3

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Performance is great, but AS4 no longer works...simconnect hast to be updated for v4.3

Ugh.  I guess I'll wait then.

I'm REALLY missing my keypad Ins key.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

4 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Hence, why did you install? :-)

16 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

Folks with massive add-ones collection should wait for a week or two at least.

1. ObjectFlow

2. AS2016

3. Ezdok

4. PMDG/FSLabs 

...I'm not mentioning individual airports' sceneries and other products.

Object Flow is working...I have animated ORBX people at KORS.

The dynamic lighting is fantastic now...WOWZER!   This could take me away from XP11 for awhile...uh oh....lol.

8 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Perhaps that's why performance was great!!!!

When updating just Client installer, is it recommended to delete shaders and the other folders containing Prepar3d.cfg files etc...?

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

4 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

The dynamic lighting is fantastic now...WOWZER!   This could take me away from XP11 for awhile...uh oh....lol.

What´s the perfomance compared to dynamic lightning of 4.2? much better fps?

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

7 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Object Flow is working...I have animated ORBX people at KORS.

Mitch, you're hilarious! :smile:

Kind regards,

Stephen

I decided to update all 3 which are Client, Content and Scenery and is working great so far 😄 just had to reinstall my REX Skyforce

FlyInside apparently needs an update for v 4.3. Meanwhile: time to test native VR for the first time.

Paul

8 minutes ago, chass32 said:

What´s the perfomance compared to dynamic lightning of 4.2? much better fps?

Oh yeah!   The sim looks fantastic...and when at dawn, I took off...and had a sun-breaking the sky, and shining off of the clouds...WOW....took my breath away!  All at 32 fps out of a locked 33.  Very happy with the performance, and even with Dynamic Lighting on Low...the sim looks fantastic.   I'll just have to wait for AS to update the connectors....it says that it can't work with the v4.2 and shuts down.  Until then, I can wait...and you also need to fully ramp up water...the waves and water action, with the light reflection and spec'ing..is simply killer.  Well done, Lockheed! 🙂

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, SpiritFlyer said:

Mitch, you're hilarious! :smile:

Kind regards,

Stephen

I was being honest...LOL.   I have been pretty much locked into XP11 and for good reason...but man..oh man...that first lift off with Dynamic Lighting now working great...at 32 FPS...my install features loaded right out, to almost sagging....and man...have they got a winner, here!

Now, I have to flip a coin...LOL! 🙂

Mitch

Edited by Sesquashtoo