Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Prepar3D v4.3 has been released

C130 images

43008319181_5c9d7c7ebc_b.jpg

28139786017_9a5c86de66_b.jpg

• Like 4

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

1 minute ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Oh yeah!   The sim looks fantastic...and when at dawn, I took off...and had a sun-breaking the sky, and shining off of the clouds...WOW....took my breath away!  All at 32 fps out of a locked 33.  Very happy with the performance, and even with Dynamic Lighting on Low...the sim looks fantastic.   I'll just have to wait for AS to update the connectors....it says that it can't work with the v4.2 and shuts down.  Until then, I can wait...and you also need to fully ramp up water...the waves and water action, with the light reflection and spec'ing..is simply killer.  Well done, Lockheed! 🙂

Damn and I can´t try it till tomorrow evening when I get back from work...and it´s midnight here 😞 Anyway, thanks for your reply, sounds really great!

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

FSLABS A320 isn't compatible issue with contact points needs an update 😉

As with AS  / ORBX / FSUIPC / Shader stuff.... so wait here and after that a client update to 4.3 🙂

Edited by awf

André

7 minutes ago, chass32 said:

Damn and I can´t try it till tomorrow evening when I get back from work...and it´s midnight here 😞 Anyway, thanks for your reply, sounds really great!

Folks...I don't care WHAT your system can produce with the sim ripped full open....lighting....shadows...water....You have GOT to see this sim now, with all features enabled at max...

The scene...especially water with full shadows...on ocean, river, lake, mountains, valleys....at dawn, dusk...will take your breath away. The sim is beautiful...BUT, you need to allow it to flex its muscles....

The two things that now really stand out for me...is the play of the dynamic lighting on all surfaces, including the clouds...and how great the rendering of shadows are on all surfaces, water as well as hard surface.  

Lockheed has nailed it, on this release!

Back to the flight around Kamloops....

Post Edit: Should mention that I only updated the Client...left everything else alone...

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 4

ORBX works perfectly.

FSUIPC works perfectly.

Chaseplane works perfectly.

Edited by BBoyJD10
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Folks...I don't care WHAT your system can produce with the sim ripped full open....lighting....shadows...water....You have GOT to see this sim now, with all features enabled at max...

The scene...especially water with full shadows...on ocean, river, lake, mountains, valleys....at dawn, dusk...will take your breath away. The sim is beautiful...BUT, you need to allow it to flex its muscles....

The two things that now really stand out for me...is the play of the dynamic lighting on all surfaces, including the clouds...and how great the rendering of shadows are on all surfaces, water as well as hard surface.  

Post Edit: Should mention that I only updated the Client...left everything else alone...

Curious now lol

André

PMDG B747 QOTS II in P3Dv4.3

43008632581_e6f0ccf86e_b.jpg

• Like 7

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

13 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

What are your PC specs?

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

As usual this is my early report on compatibility with P3D:  https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/538221-ai-lights-reborn-free-edition-and-version-43/

Enjoy your updates and have a wonderful flight!

Regards,

Simbol

• Like 3

Looks like the C-130 is the Captain Sim version?

• Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Well, in having flown around Kamloops, B.C. with some landing on water, and local airports...and...if you run, or wish to run P3D v4.3 pretty much flat out...

one word can now sum up the update:

Immersion.  That sums it up.

Way to go, Lockheed. I think you finally have this nailed down. The only thing that still needs addressing, is that a lot of the time, when A.T.C. controllers are directing some A.I. planes out there...the A.I. does not acknowledge the A.T.C. Controller's transmission.  Finally, A.T.C. terminates interaction with that silent cockpit.  I still have that. Not all A.I. flights don't respond...but quite a few, that I don't have this problem with FSX-SE.

7 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Looks like the C-130 is the Captain Sim version?

Ah, Nice to get that one back because I'd eat my hat before I ever bought anything from Captain Sim again after the way they gouged everyone with new P3D installers only on there FSX addons.😁

How fast do we think HiFi will roll out a beta update?

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

8 minutes ago, Le Français said:

How fast do we think HiFi will roll out a beta update?

It's pretty much a matter of changing '4.2' to '4.3' in their code. 

Yeah that C-130 looks like from very old FSX quality from the VC (looks kinda crappy on my 4k monitor).  Outside the model is excellent.  When I searched with publishers - it tells me LM is the publisher. My assumption is someone gave this bird to LM 

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)