Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Prepar3D v4.3 has been released

1 hour ago, SpiritFlyer said:

No problem on anything whatsoever for me. Did client only.

QW 787 -100%

Active weather -100%

I have that (unmentionable modern) traffic program -100%

ORBX Sceneries I have tried - 100%

VFX Central -100%

Envdir -100%

Large freeware ship traffic -100%

Tried most of my favorite and large payware aircraft collection and so far -100%

Guys, you should see the water with the sun sparkling, on it and the night lights twinkling in the hills. The red lights and landing lights on the L-39 are finally all that was ever hoped for by that magic aircraft.

Kind regards,

Stephen

Does ORBX really work? Someone mentioned it won't. Or does it work without updating the Content etc.

Thanks for the answers, the proof in the pudding  will be a landing into EGLL with orbx England and ai on. 

Let's see what happens then

• Like 3

14ppkc-6.png

9 minutes ago, tooting said:

Thanks for the answers, the proof in the pudding  will be a landing into EGLL with orbx England and ai on. 

Let's see what happens then

I seemed to miss seeing this feature;

1. New Features:
  •            Miracles

But I'll believe it if you tell me it is so.✈️

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, ErichB said:

I seemed to miss seeing this feature;

1. New Features:
  •            Miracles

But I'll believe it if you tell me it is so.✈️

😂😂😂

PSXseeconTraffic has been recompiled with the Simconnect library of P3D v4.3 too, download version 10.8.

Nico

Someone , sometime ago said....

"there  are  people that is never Happy , unless they are unhappy..."

How true..

Jorge

• Like 1

Some people reported problems with stutters on the P3D forums after the upgrade but it seems deleting the shaders resolved this.

Please remember you have always to clear your shaders files after any update, these are located here C:\Users\You\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\Shaders, also if your simulator hangs during startup after the update you should rebuild the Scenary.cfg file which is located here: C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

I have the impression some mayor change happened to the Shaders on 4.3, perhaps this is why PTA is now not working with this version but in any case looks like these changes are giving better rendering and looks to the sim, which makes sense as these have Direct X instructions about colour, shapes, etc. and goes inline with the reports from many users regarding how the sim looks and perform now.

All the best,

S.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, simbol said:

Please remember you have always to clear your shaders files after any update, these are located here C:\Users\You\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\Shaders, also if your simulator hangs during startup after the update you should rebuild the Scenary.cfg file which is located here: C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 

Done this, P3D still hangs on start... :S

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Just now, kevinfirth said:

do you have FSL320 installed? could that be the case?

Hello Kevin

Most likely you have an Incompatible Add On that is is stopping Prepar3D from launching 

When I install I'll be doing a complete reinstall / format etc etc. 

When installing simconnect do you install all of them??? 

Thanks 

14ppkc-6.png

2 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

Kevin,

Happy to help you, lets disable all your add-on's temporally but first can you tell me what add-on's do you have?

S.

1 minute ago, kevinxu8 said:

do you have FSL320 installed? could that be the case?

nope

1 minute ago, Poppet said:

Hello Kevin

Most likely you have an Incompatible Add On that is is stopping Prepar3D from launching 

4.2 worked just fine.  Are we aware of any 4.2 compatible addon that doesn't now work in 4.3 please?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png