Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Prepar3D v4.3 has been released

9 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Honestly, I don't need this type of put down crap from people around here, any more....no more. I'm done...

Sesquashtoo

My friend you have been around too long to let a member get you down. Stay enthusiastic about your passion and ignore the other non-sense.

• Like 8

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

46 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Honestly, I don't need this type of put down crap from people around here, any more....no more. I'm done...

Sesquashtoo

Awe, c’mon Mitch! You have a much thicker skin than you give yourself credit. Ignore him and any others who might be tempted to post in a similar fashion. Believe me I don’t share their opinion.

Speaking for myself your upbeat, uniquely enthusiastic and cheerful turn of phrase is what’s been sadly missing in this forum and it’s good to see you have returned to lift our spirits once again. I always enjoy reading your posts. Now and again we do need a different perspective on things to maintain our love and interest for the hobby and your contributions do just that!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Best regards,

Mike

Edited by Cruachan
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Seems OK, i am not noticing the huge difference in performance some people have been talking about, but i do like the fact they have added both an "Add on" and the "Scenery Library" to the front screen.  I had a problem (as some people have said) with the FSL A320 and had to uninstall it to get P3D working again.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Ian R Tyldesley

16 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Agree.  Why does someone always have to rain on someone else's parade ?

Easy explanation: because those overexagerated "praise everything new" comments and all those so-called miraculous wonders about performance gain will result rather quickly in numerous threads from users that do NOT experience any relevant performance increase and complain about it. Or even worse, threads about missing increase in performance with the belief that something must be wrong in their installation. Then, we can spend again hours in problem solving where actually no problem is. Just overrated expectations.

And: although I also got already blamed for puttinh it like this, usually people do not offer all relevant Information (intended or not is not really relevant here). Like this guy over at the official Forums. He praises LM for this upgrade regarding performance and upon asking he reveals that he did a complete re-installation of v4.3. As a matter of fact, you always get better Performance when re-installing P3D, as with this process, all unnecessary ballast is gone, settings are refined (usually), tweaks that might not helped are eliminated and so on. Means: while there might still be slight increases in performance, the most probable reason for the performance boost this guy observes is: the re-installation. Not the new version...

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

13 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

All at 32 fps out of a locked 33.

39 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

I don't care if it crawls at 8 FPS!

Which one is it...? 

Are most of you installing just the client or also the other two  components?

Edmundo Azevedo

30 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Agree.  Why does someone always have to rain on someone else's parade ?

Agree makes no sense!

André

Not sure if anyone else had any issues with FSUIPC, but with the latest update, I had to update the Academic (not client) for it to work. Otherwise, I would get a CTD. Just a heads up out there...

P3D v4, REX SF3D, AS16, ENVTex, PTA 2.60, FSDT KDFW, KLAS, KLAX, KORD, KJFK, KSFD, KIAH, KMEM, KCLT FlightBeam KDEN, KIAD, KPHX, KSFO, KMSP

ASUS Z97 Pro + Wifi, Intel i7 4990k 4.0GHz, EVGA NVidia 970 4GB DDR5, Corsair 16GB DDR3 2400, Samsung SSD 850 250GB, 2x Acer 32" Monitor

2 hours ago, Victoroos said:

format an SSD? :S

All drives need to be formatted at some point before they can be used... without a file system in place, you can't really use any drive on Windows...

I think you are getting confused with defragmenting... something you definitely should avoid on an SSD, as defragmentation massively increases the number of writes to the drive and has a negative effect therefore on drive longevity...

A

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Victoroos said:

format an SSD? :S

What else would you do with it?!

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Just testing in the default piper, and time is set for 2300 hours, and I have cockpit shadows ? I can even see the green grass.  Don't recall seeing cockpit shadows at night in 4.2.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

8 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

What else would you do with it?!

I always heard it is bad to format a SSD? that is all.

9 minutes ago, aentwis said:

All drives need to be formatted at some point before they can be used... without a file system in place, you can't really use any drive on Windows...

I think you are getting confused with defragmenting... something you definitely should avoid on an SSD, as defragmentation massively increases the number of writes to the drive and has a negative effect therefore on drive longevity...

A

ooh, wait, defragmantion is bad. my mistake... sorry. formating is fine? good to know!

Edited by Victoroos
  • Upvote 1

Victor Roos

An unformatted SSD is useless in Windows. The drive manager would see the device, but not Windows explorer...

Formatting is not just fine, it is necessary, whereas defragmentation will damage an SSD in the medium to long term...

A

A lengthy change log, but I don't feel /see any change in performance. Business as usual.

42 minutes ago, b757 said:

Not sure if anyone else had any issues with FSUIPC, but with the latest update, I had to update the Academic (not client) for it to work. Otherwise, I would get a CTD. Just a heads up out there...

What are you talking about Academic? Client is all you really need. Are you saying the new version of fsuipc forces you to do a complete reinstall of the whole thing? 

Eric