Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Prepar3D v4.3 has been released

9 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Well, I just took the plunge and went straight from V4.0. to V4.3.

Uninstalled the V4.0. client and installed the V4.3. client.

Started up P3D and everything works, except for the Flight1 GTN / G600.

Edit: Orbx Objectflow2 is not working either..

RXP GNS is fine.

As best I can tell, the sim is smoother than ever and in my few flights thus far, I have not encountered any problems.. :cool:

Thanks for that feedback Bert

I probably would have to fix the Active sky (not a big deal). But then I would need the get the new version of the EZDOK.  This would  require some work getting it installed and fixing each types of aircrafts all over again.

I've been looking a the Madog MD80. Thats tempting...that requires the .1 update. :)

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

9 hours ago, kdfw__ said:

if you read the p3dv43 change list on the very first post, you'll know if vr performance was improved or not

I'm looking for some real experience, but it's probably too soon to ask.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

if anyone is reinstall windows from scratch like I am a great link is below

• Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

2 hours ago, kiek said:

A lengthy change log, but I don't feel /see any change in performance. Business as usual.

Not a surprise to me. Could you please comment if you see or not any performance improvement in VR?

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Orbx Objectflow2 is not working in v4.3? It seems to be working for me.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

hmmm,

just tried my standard scenario to test dynamic light (Justsim EDDH, PMDG 747 and Orbx Germany north with black marble..

I get even worse performance than with 4.2...

Just updated the client only.....

Carsten U

7 hours ago, vhufo said:

Ok, i've run into a problem.

Downloaded just the Client, went through the install procedure as per Poppet's instructions.

Problem is it 'hangs' at the Splash Screen.

Searched the net for problems. Tried deleting both the scenery and Prepar3d cfg files, no luck. Tried moving the dll.xml file

out of the way, not the problem either.

So went back to v4.1 as per Poppet's instructions, and has no problem at all, back to normal.

What is the difference between v4.1 and v4.3 that is causing this?

Is there something in v4.2 that i've missed?

Cheers.

Andy.

Hey Andy, not sure if anyone has mentioned how to fix this, but I had the same problem, what I did was completely uninstall everything p3d related including addons, I had to delete these folders - C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin and C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin and then reinstall v4.3 and everything work perfectly, not sure if this was the correct way to resolve this issue or the easiest but it worked for me.

Marc

2 minutes ago, RTK1972 said:

hmmm,

just tried my standard scenario to test dynamic light (Justsim EDDH, PMDG 747 and Orbx Germany north with black marble..

I get even worse performance than with 4.2...

Just updated the client only.....

Did you cleaned your P3D shaders? this is required if you do the Client only update rather than a full installation.

S.

Just now, simbol said:

Did you cleaned your P3D shaders? this is required if you do the Client only update rather than a full installation.

S.

absolutly yes

Carsten U

Just now, RTK1972 said:

absolutly yes

Ok, I do have a better performance after the update, I was able to get 84 FPS last night on my 4K developing laptop were previously I was getting 64.

Maybe you have some 3rd party add-on causing the slowdown.. many users are reporting a performance increase..

S.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RTK1972 said:

absolutly yes

And also delete (do a backup first for future reference) your prepar3d.CFG file. During re-start P3D will regenerate a new one.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

Just now, edpatino said:

And also delete (do a backup first for future reference) your prepar3d.CFG file. During re-start P3D will regenerate a new one.

Cheers, Ed

did that too.....

just ried Aerosoft EDDF and Orbx LEBB... Same behaviour.. frames cut half when switiching to night.....

I think i will try a full reinstall...

Carsten U

Glad to seem VR improvements. It seems that Single-Pass rendering is now working without artifacts (at least during the short test I did). The Zoom feature is also a welcome change!

But I have no idea where those people that say that lightning is on par with XP11 now are coming from. It looks exactly the same to me...

Edited by GCBraun

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

6 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

Glad to seem VR improvements. It seems that Single-Pass rendering is now working without artifacts (at least during the short test I did). The Zoom feature is also a welcome change! Just need to learn how to activate it now...

But I have no idea where those people that say that lightning is on par with XP11 now are coming from. It looks exactly the same to me...

I guess It all depends of you displaying settings..

S.

2 minutes ago, simbol said:

I guess It all depends of you displaying settings..

S.

My display settings are exactly the same as they have been for 4.2. I have also deleted the shaders. I see no difference whatsoever in the lightning/water. Aside from performance optimizations, these improments are also not mentioned at all in the release notes. Seems like a placebo effect to me.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus