Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Prepar3D v4.3 has been released

1 hour ago, simbol said:

It has been discussed before that P3D runs way better without NVidia inspector.

S.

Really?

Nvidia Control Panel then?

Any config guide, please?

PS: this one?

Edited by otreblA

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4

Yeah, I didn't know you could do that either. I've never seen an OC that high before. That's almost 6GHz.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Would it be too much to ask if LM could publish a list of software that needs to be reinstalled if a user re-installs client, content and scenery separately. In case there is a lack of understanding, let me explain. I do not do a complete uninstall, re-install, I do one at a time. Not that I am sure there is a difference, but I have very few items that are not there when complete.

1 hour ago, onurair said:

I tried a different approach. HT off and overclocked only physical core 0 to 5.9Ghz, since P3D (and also XP11) is mainly using core 0 for calculations. The result is pretty good. 

I’d definitely be interested to see a 20hour run of intel burn test on that!  I bet it’s not stable...... 

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

2 hours ago, simbol said:

Ok, I do have a better performance after the update, I was able to get 84 FPS last night on my 4K developing laptop were previously I was getting 64.

Maybe you have some 3rd party add-on causing the slowdown.. many users are reporting a performance increase..

S.

so i deleted everything and installed 4.3 from scratch up. then installed ONLY Justin EDDH, nothing else. Frames during day arround 95. when going to sunset they first schon64 and the 9-11 fps......

I don't get it....

Carsten U

3 hours ago, Manny said:

Thanks for that feedback Bert

I probably would have to fix the Active sky (not a big deal). But then I would need the get the new version of the EZDOK.  This would  require some work getting it installed and fixing each types of aircrafts all over again.

I've been looking a the Madog MD80. Thats tempting...that requires the .1 update. 🙂

You can export your current camera set and then import it to the plane when you have updated ezdock and p3d to 4.3; a lot less hassle!

• Like 1

Simon

6 hours ago, DJJose said:

I was just to ask about ezdok. Can't sim without it!

Same here; its my lifeblood in the sim; that and UTL and PTA and add-on airliners  ✈︎

Simon

Matt Davies posted that PTA will be updated in the next few days. I will be staying on 4.2 until then.

Eric 

14 hours ago, Bills511 said:

Reality XP GTN 750, 650, GNS 430,530 works.🙂 Tested using the A2A C172.

My RXP GNS530 will no longer follow the GPS flightplan..

Bert

8 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Matt Davies posted that PTA will be updated in the next few days. I will be staying on 4.2 until then.

same here; love the HDR dim options when switching views; a must!  Will wait as well!

Simon

I now also did a client upgrade and as expected, not a single FPS more in daytime (externally locked to 36 via nVidia Profile Inspector). Not yet tested the dynamic lightning...

Regarding PTA: the 4.2 shaders work perfectly on my end. Just follow the method outlined in the PTA subforums here on avsim if you don't want to wait for a PTA update.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

5 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Regarding PTA: the 4.2 shaders work perfectly on my end. Just follow the method outlined in the PTA subforums here on avsim if you don't want to wait for a PTA update.

Cheers for that; if the VC is perhaps a little smoother; I am happy; 4.2 has been a real gem for the most part!

Simon

For those wondering about non-VR performance improvements whether you are seeing them or not they are there. 

As @simbol has mentioned, YMMV depending on your settings and/or hardware.

LM directly states that any improvements to VR "translates directly to non-VR too" in their interview with FSElite (see below at 3:50)

So for those (like myself) that don't use VR should still care about VR improvements.

Also if you haven't seen the interview it is worth a watch!

Edited by twincessna340a

- Ike Callaway

Hm, well, okay, a lot of mixed results when it comes to improvements to performance... In the meantime IPACS (Aerofly FS 2) posted a news blog on their site and these lines got my attention:

"we had a lot of work to do internally to prepare for this upcoming update. I'm talking a complete overhaul of the OpenGL graphics rendering engine as well as the beta introduction of an all new Vulkan rendering engine which has shown in our tests that it greatly improves the performance of Aerofly. Just when you thought that we couldn't get even more performance, we managed to improve!"

In order to really improve performance in P3D LM only has one option: to overhaul or (even better) change the rendering engine. If IPACS can do it, LM should be able to do it. Aerofly FS 2's performance is superb already and apparently it will only get better...! P3D's performance improvements will always be minor and small and never enough as long as they stick with the current old engine. Simple as that. This update proves it again: some see improvements but most see none. Or little. It's always the same story. P3D's engine simply is too old and outdated. Of course it can LOOK good and great and awesome, but performance will always be problematic. Imho.