Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Prepar3D v4.3 has been released

13 minutes ago, Cruachan said:

Windows 7 has proved to be even more reliable and popular and so the reluctance to ditch it in favour of 10 will likely be even stronger.

I prefer Windows 7 -- the best O/S MS ever made IMHO. But in order to update my hardware to get the performance I wanted I had to bite the bullet and go with Win10. Modern motherboards simply are not supported by Win7.

So the roads to better performance -- both the hardware one and the software one -- depend on moving forward with your Windows version too. In fact it seems reasonable to me - better performance is not just in L-M's hands. 

I did have to make my win10 environment look like win7 though. That's perfectly possible -- there are programs out there which do it for you (check StarDock's Start10 for example).

Of course, all my Networked PCs involved in my cockpit run Win7 (only recently updated some of those from XP, my previous favourite O/S! 😉).

Pete

• Like 1

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

12 hours ago, cparrott73 said:

Here is a very quick, rough status of add-ons I have tested with P3D v4.3 so far, as of 26-Jun-2018.  This is mainly smoke test type testing - fire up the sim with the add-on and see if it loads and initializes without crashing, and everything seems to respond as expected.  I have not had time to flight test all of these extensively yet, so it is possible there may be issues I missed:

Appears to Work

• Aerosoft CRJ 700/900
  • Aerosoft DC-8
  • Captain Sim 737 (100/200)
  • Captain Sim 757 III
  • FeelThere E-Jets (E170/E190)
  • FeelThere E-Jets v2 (E175/E195)
  • FeelThere Embraer Regional Jets v2 (ERJ-135/145/145XR)
  • Flight1 Ultimate Traffic Live
  • FlightSimLabs A320-X - as of v2.0.1.258 update (released 26-Jun-2018)
  • HiFi  ASP4 (Active Sky) - as of 062518 (B6750) Open Beta update
  • Majestic MJC8 Q400
  • Pete Dowson FSUIPC - (I have version 5.124)
  • PMDG Boeing 737 NGX
  • PMDG Boeing 747 QOTS v3
  • PMDG Boeing 777
  • PMDG DC-6
  • QualityWings Boeing 787
  • TFDI Design Boeing 717

Not Working - Needs Compatibility Update

• Leonardo FlyTheMaddogX (v1.2b265)

(The developer has acknowledged the issue and will release v4.3 compatibility updates as soon as possible.)

Updated to reflect new FSL A320-X update.

Edited by cparrott73
  • Upvote 1

Stutters gone - YAY

Cheers

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

29 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

I prefer Windows 7 -- the best O/S MS ever made IMHO. But in order to update my hardware to get the performance I wanted I had to bite the bullet and go with Win10. Modern motherboards simply are not supported by Win7.

So the roads to better performance -- both the hardware one and the software one -- depend on moving forward with your Windows version too. In fact it seems reasonable to me - better performance is not just in L-M's hands. 

I did have to make my win10 environment look like win7 though. That's perfectly possible -- there are programs out there which do it for you (check StarDock's Start10 for example).

Of course, all my Networked PCs involved in my cockpit run Win7 (only recently updated some of those from XP, my previous favourite O/S! 😉).

Pete

Unless you care about security.

Regards
bs

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

30 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Pete

Pete try classicshell - just install and only choose the start menu option.  It is free (opensource) and very low overhead (practically none) - though no more development...code is available...

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Has anyone tried the Flight1 King Air yet with 4.3?

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus ▪︎ Intel i9-12900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 4090Ti ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo ▪︎ Windows 11 Home ▪︎ 3x Western Digital Black SN850 2TB NVME SSD ▪︎  ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair HX1000 Platinum PSU ▪︎ Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Case

9 minutes ago, richbonneau said:

Has anyone tried the Flight1 King Air yet with 4.3?

Yep. The wings fell off. Apart from that it works perfectly.

• Like 3

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

7 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

Sounds like my airline

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

7 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

🤣  Thanks!

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus ▪︎ Intel i9-12900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 4090Ti ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo ▪︎ Windows 11 Home ▪︎ 3x Western Digital Black SN850 2TB NVME SSD ▪︎  ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair HX1000 Platinum PSU ▪︎ Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Case

8 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

😂🤣

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Guys this update runs deeper than the actual changelog released. I just realised the airplane’s exterior shadows are now being rendered when inside the cockpit, that’s a huge step forward and I’m left wondering why there is no direct mention of that in the release notes. 

• Upvote 1

Having read what I thought where some quite outlandish claims here on AVSIM about there being very noticeable improvement in visuals and performance in the latest point release of Prepar3D i.e. Version 4.3. I was skeptical to say the least. Anyway before I updated I made a quick video from a .frs file I had recorded in Version 4.2 and then after I updated to V4.3 using the client, Content and Scenery  MSi's and making sure that the Prepar3D.cfg was exactly the same as it was in the 4.2 version I used the same .frs file and made an exact replica video in V4.3. I used ShadowPlay to make the videos and capture the FPS which you can see side by side in the bottom corners or each video in the middle. Now there are very slight difference in these two videos but to all intent and purpose they are identical. They are synchronized to within less than a 1/2 second.

Personally, I think their are less stutters and the FPS is ever so slightly higher in V4.2 video and I also think the clouds look better. Definitely not the knee smacker this thread lead me to believe.

BTW I don't believe in the tooth fairy or the 5.9ghz 7600K either LOL!

Edited by Guest

Question.... outside of Fslabs and active sky, which of the popular addons require a download update?  Are any ready out of the gate without a reinstall?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

57 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Question.... outside of Fslabs and active sky, which of the popular addons require a download update?  Are any ready out of the gate without a reinstall?

For myself, so far its those two and PTA that require update which is still due to be updated. I also updated FTX Central and Chaseplane and VFX Central just in case.

So far I its working great for me.

Bilal Asif Khan