Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Prepar3D v4.3 has been released

4 hours ago, swiesma said:

The Dome light for example is on and I can turn the knob, so it switches off, but after half a second it switches itself on again, but the knob is still in "off" position.

Otherwise: Really good performance now with Dynmic Lights. I like the update so far! Had to uninstall FSLabs A320, otherwise I got an error while starting P3D and did not see any window, just heard the RAAs screaming "On runway 18... Flaps! Flaps!" 😄

I'm not seeing this behaviour myself. Flight deck lighting is fine. (Except master level doesn't seem to do anything.) Did you try jalbino59's storm light idea? It defaults to 'on' at night and may be overriding the other controls. I'm no longer at home so I can't try this myself. Good luck! 

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

I made test with PTA and RFScenerybuild Ljubljana scenery with dynamic lighting and I didn't see much difference. It runs very smooth and it looks very nice at night but I think it was the same in V4.2.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QQSJku9-NH4

I7-10700 (4.8 GHz with HT enabled)

2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz 

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super OC Gaming

44 minutes ago, Branimir said:

I made test with PTA and RFScenerybuild Ljubljana scenery with dynamic lighting and I didn't see much difference. It runs very smooth and it looks very nice at night but I think it was the same in V4.2.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QQSJku9-NH4

I found the same at Gatwick.

And the pause on touch down is still there in full effect. Prime meridian and all that 

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

Yes I can confirm this, the pauses are back, it is even longer pauses, now with a busy cursor appearing, strange this is, a clean install and added all ftx regions and all of europe, damn it!!!!

Has anyone tried lasso with 4.3??

I tried fiber at 0.01 maybe thats a no go now?? 

14ppkc-6.png

I have a problem with Tomato Shade.
In the last update of FS Labs Airbus A320 I also downloaded the latest Tomato Shade. And the P3d V4 is now on version 4.3 !!
If the original shaders are turned on everything is ok. But if the Tomato Shader are activated this problem exists see Pic !!
The Becan Light is so garish that in the engine view, the whole engine is red.
For all other aircraft PMDG no problems.
What could that be ??
Preset is the RD Preset 1.7

Anyone an idea why that may be ???

9iyopyi4.jpg

spacer.png    

Cheers

Torsten Künne

8 minutes ago, _Airbus_Fan_ said:

I have a problem with Tomato Shade.
In the last update of FS Labs Airbus A320 I also downloaded the latest Tomato Shade. And the P3d V4 is now on version 4.3 !!
If the original shaders are turned on everything is ok. But if the Tomato Shader are activated this problem exists see Pic !!
The Becan Light is so garish that in the engine view, the whole engine is red.
For all other aircraft PMDG no problems.
What could that be ??
Preset is the RD Preset 1.7

Anyone an idea why that may be ???

9iyopyi4.jpg

Looks like a big tomato. The irony. 

• Like 6

Eric 

2 hours ago, tooting said:

I found the same at Gatwick.

And the pause on touch down is still there in full effect. Prime meridian and all that

I have no pauses in V4.3 and I also didn't have them in V4.2. There is a small pause in my video after landing, because I made screenshot.

I had pauses in P3D V4.2 only when I had set ND to Vertical Situation Display (it was for about 10-15 seconds) but it didn't bother me. I haven't tested that in V4.3 yet.

I7-10700 (4.8 GHz with HT enabled)

2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz 

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super OC Gaming

Is that "pause when landing at Gatwick" only an issue with dynamic lighting enabled?

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

3 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Is that "pause when landing at Gatwick" only an issue with dynamic lighting enabled?

I think it's been inherent to this airport since FS2004 days if you're taking about Gary's product. Had it in FS2004, had it in FSX, still have it in P3D, but I can live with it.

Just to sum up...if I'm not interested in C130 and Guam elevation fix, all I need is the Client, correct?

Thanks

I don’t know if it’s still an issue, but I seem to recall somewhere in the foggy depths of my mind that the pause on touchdown was caused by the effect that lays the rubber skid on the runway (skidmarks.fx).  If you rename that effect, the pause was eliminated.

Worth a try!

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

5 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

Just to sum up...if I'm not interested in C130 and Guam elevation fix, all I need is the Client, correct?

Thanks

Yeap, correct !

Regards,

• Like 1

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Speaking about the foggy depths of the mind, I have a question which I think I used to have an answer to, but the pages are torn out.

I would like to have the C 130 so would like to delete and install the new content

But

I have dozens of non-P3D aircraft carried over from previous versions, FSX and dear knows what other sources including many from Captain Sim, Real Air, Aerosoft, Carenado, Lotus and others found in Sim Objects, and other related files, as well as Quality Wings (with their own section), and a huge assortment of AI.

Some were modified at significant effort to enable for the sim, and in many cases would not be able to do a redo as I would be challenged to remember how or reconnect with the information needed. If I redo the P3D v4.3 content do I lose those planes within the sim, or in the associated files? Is there a work-around?

Alternatively, is there a way to lift the C-130 out of my P3D download and install it separately? 

Thanks for the help!

Kind regards,

Stephen :smile:

11 minutes ago, SpiritFlyer said:

Speaking about the foggy depths of the mind, I have a question which I think I used to have an answer to, but the pages are torn out.

I would like to have the C 130 so would like to delete and install the new content

But

I have dozens of non-P3D aircraft carried over from previous versions, FSX and dear knows what other sources including many from Captain Sim, Real Air, Aerosoft, Carenado, Lotus and others found in Sim Objects, and other related files, as well as Quality Wings (with their own section), and a huge assortment of AI.

Some were modified at significant effort to enable for the sim, and in many cases would not be able to do a redo as I would be challenged to remember how or reconnect with the information needed. If I redo the P3D v4.3 content do I lose those planes within the sim, or in the associated files? Is there a work-around?

Alternatively, is there a way to lift the C-130 out of my P3D download and install it separately? 

Thanks for the help!

Kind regards,

Stephen :smile:

Stephen

I updated the content as well as the client and that did not affect any simobjects other than the default ones.

Greg

• Like 1

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz