Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Prepar3D v4.3 has been released

Stephen - I have the same and when I uninstall content, P3D does NOT touch and 3rd party a/c etc. Now, that said, if you have modified a default a/c installed by P3D it WILL be overwritten. P3D deletes no files but their own.

Vic

• Like 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Thank you Greg and Vic,

Scholars and gentlemen both, with just what I wanted to hear!

Kind regards,

Stephen :smile:

Next question, since I have your kind help.

Even though I already did client, obviously, and ran the sim, is there any reason I can not now just uninstall content and run the content installer and make it work?

Kind re-regards,

Stephen :smile:

You can do it whenever you want Steve!

• Like 1

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Nice build.

Cheers
bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

On 6/27/2018 at 9:59 AM, Bardia said:

Guys this update runs deeper than the actual changelog released. I just realised the airplane’s exterior shadows are now being rendered when inside the cockpit, that’s a huge step forward and I’m left wondering why there is no direct mention of that in the release notes. 

Probably because exterior shadows from the VC are already working in V4.2.

Must be something not quite right with your v4.2 setup.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

10 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Is that "pause when landing at Gatwick" only an issue with dynamic lighting enabled?

no but do you have orbx vector on ??

14ppkc-6.png

2 hours ago, gboz said:

Probably because exterior shadows from the VC are already working in V4.2.

Must be something not quite right with your v4.2 setup.

gb.

Then why no mention of it in the 4.2 release notes either? Yeah might be the case that I’ve failed to notice this till now. 

Haven't installed 4.3 yet (for various reasons) but I am reading reports (on the ProATCS forum) about the SimConnect window still being closed automatically due to number keys staying in memory. Seems the issue hasn't been resolved after all? Can anyone confirm this? Or do things works as they should now?

9 minutes ago, J van E said:

Haven't installed 4.3 yet (for various reasons) but I am reading reports (on the ProATCS forum) about the SimConnect window still being closed automatically due to number keys staying in memory. Seems the issue hasn't been resolved after all? Can anyone confirm this? Or do things works as they should now?

Yeah I can confirm this issue persists with ProATC, though limited to certain circumstances but definitely still there. 

I do not experience a pause when landing at Gatwick in P3D v3.4, but I use VFR Photographic Scenery with ES Treescapes.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

10 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I do not experience a pause when landing at Gatwick in P3D v3.4, but I use VFR Photographic Scenery with ES Treescapes.

although with the 6 flights ive done so far on p3d 4.3 (LGW - MCO,MCO - LGW. BRS-NCE-BRS-GVA-BRS ) 

For me putting Fiber Fraction in caused some issues,  as did HT on. 

Maybe this was the cause because once I turned off HT and Fiber OFF the BRS x 4 sectors where ok and more stable

The only other thing maybe was orbx vector like the EGSS stutters it can cause if you dont patch it

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

I am aware that other users experience a pause when landing at Gatwick (see the UK2000 forum), but I do not think that a definitive cause has been identified.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

I am aware that other users experience a pause when landing at Gatwick (see the UK2000 forum), but I do not think that a definitive cause has been identified.

ill agree with you there I dont think its UK2000 persay . 

Its been reported even if you use the default scenery.  but the pause I had coming back from MCO into LGW was much worse than before a good 3 seconds of more right on the flare.

I remember Ray saying it could be due to the prime meridian.

Do you have GSX ?? 

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

No, I do not use GSX (or any other pushback/ramp enhancement software). I just use the classy default pushback :biggrin:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png