Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Prepar3D v4.3 has been released

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 10:57 PM, BBoyJD10 said:

I decided to update all 3 which are Client, Content and Scenery and is working great so far 😄 just had to reinstall my REX Skyforce

Strange I didn't? How did you know you had to update it?

15 minutes ago, Matt Bridger said:

Strange I didn't? How did you know you had to update it?

Because all my textures had gone..

• Like 1

What did they do to the colors?? They are way too washed out.

2 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Well, if it makes you feel any better I have a i7770k and a 1080ti and I am getting stutters like crazy.  I can't figure out for the life of me why.

Thank you everyone, I'll give FFTF a try.

NO! It does not make me feel better to see you suffering. 😀

Your issue is completely different than the question I asked. I want to know if a better CPU/GPU combo eliminates the loading tiles in the distance.

Stutters can be reduced by locking your fps in P3D, using a FFTF of 0.15, & avoiding SSAA.

Good luck.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, Dirk98 said:

What did they do to the colors?? They are way too washed out.

To fair, the video quality has nothing to do Vimeo,  It's my rendering software ...or more to the point, the guy using the rendering software ....as one could see I'm not a video guy. 😞

But! the video does show the frame rate ....with all exterior lights on. I challenge anyone with V4.2 .to match that.

edit: another reason for the "washed out" look, but not the main reason, is I'm Active Sky ....was hazy here by the bay this morning.

Edited by FunknNasty

2 hours ago, FPStewy said:

It took under 6 minutes from start to finish from an USB 3.0 to MP-500 m.2 drive using the latest 1803 install.

For me as well, though installing is only the tip of the proverbial iceberg. Using just the install as the basis for supporting the theory that re-installing Windows is no big deal is like saying buying a house is super easy because it only took a few minute to put in an offer. After the install there are drivers to deal with, software to reinstall, settings to redo for numerous applications, and oh yeah, all of one's flight sim apparel. So, for me I reserve a new Windows install for when I have new hardware to go with it. Otherwise it's not really worth the "total time" investment.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

- Aaron

2 hours ago, FPStewy said:

Edited by slait

- Aaron

3 hours ago, FPStewy said:

I take it that the GTN 750 is working but with the patch, can you get the patch from Flight1 or only through their support forum ?

Download the latest version installers GTN v2.5.3, GNS2 v2.4.3 (updated for P3dv4.3) from the Reality XP site. 

Do we have to update the Simconnect?  How do we do this?

8 hours ago, FunknNasty said:

https://vimeo.com/277790911

My experience with 4.3 DL, the pmdg 747 at ksfo.   eat you hearts out. <vbg>

pmdg gives pretty good fps, try qw787 at night it would just kill the fps

18 hours ago, FPStewy said:

I take it that the GTN 750 is working but with the patch, can you get the patch from Flight1 or only through their support forum ?

Edit: In case someone is looking for the answer, Flight1 updated the GTN Complete to 2.06 on their sales page to support v4.3

Now if they could only do something about windows defender quarantining gtninterface.dll randomly that'd be great.

Concerning the C-130, i have problems with uniform colours on the fuselage. In the folder C-130 there is a folder named texture.usaf with some colurs in light grey (pylons, engines and wheelbase). The rest is blue-grey. How to I fix this?

On 6/30/2018 at 5:07 PM, Dreamflight767 said:

Well, if it makes you feel any better I have a i7770k and a 1080ti and I am getting stutters like crazy.  I can't figure out for the life of me why.

Thank you everyone, I'll give FFTF a try.

Could you resolve your stutters? I have a similar setup except (6700k) and have also stutters since updating to 4.3. No idea what happened there since 4.2 was smooth and the frames were solid.
I also get fps fluctuations with 4.3. 

On 6/30/2018 at 8:39 PM, slait said:

For me as well, though installing is only the tip of the proverbial iceberg. Using just the install as the basis for supporting the theory that re-installing Windows is no big deal is like saying buying a house is super easy because it only took a few minute to put in an offer. After the install there are drivers to deal with, software to reinstall, settings to redo for numerous applications, and oh yeah, all of one's flight sim apparel. So, for me I reserve a new Windows install for when I have new hardware to go with it. Otherwise it's not really worth the "total time" investment.

This!

Reinstalling Windows because of installing 4.3 is like shooting at a ballon on a fair with a Leopard II.