Sign in to follow this  
netshadoe

Some animations not working with 10.7

Hey Nico,

Just a heads up that I'm noticing some animations are no longer working or are not in the right sequence for the stage of flight with version 10.7

Some examples I've seen:

- Turboprops are not spinning (I couldn't tell if it was the OSP ATR series or the TFS Dash-xx series).  I'll have to look more closely next time as I was taxiing at the time.

- The FSPX A380 or the TFS A380 (again, I couldn't tell which one) was taxiing for takeoff with the spoilers up...it also did it's takeoff run and retracted the spoilers at liftoff..

- Various aircraft sitting at the stand with beacons on or taxi lights on (definitely remember TFS A310 with taxi light on).

Rolling back to 10.5 (I didn't get 10.6 before it was taken down) eliminates the issue.

Edited by netshadoe

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Hi Devin,

That's sounds very strange. The animations code has not changed a bit since version 10.5.... 

I do not see these things over here either. What Sim version are you running?

Regards,

Nico

Edited by kiek

It was P3D 4.2, but I have since updated to 4.3

I'm still doing some other work on that PC right now, but I'll update to 10.8 (or whatever latest version is available) and will update here.  Could have been a glitch!!  🙂

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Sorry to bring this thread up again. It seems that my FSPXAI models all taxi out with reversers and spoilers deployed. 

Is there a way to fix this? I'm currently running v16.8

Thank you.

Edited by Tino

Sante Sottile

10 hours ago, Tino said:

@kiek Have you seen this issue before with FSP models?

Yes, but with the A388 only. 

The problem lies outside PSXT I think, but I do not know what to do about it.

PSXT treats every livery the same with respect to animations.

Edited by kiek

12 minutes ago, kiek said:

Yes, but with the A388 only. 

The problem lies outside PSXT I think, but I do not know what to do about it.

PSXT treats every livery the same with respect to animations.

I'll try digging a little deeper and see what I find. Will report back.

Thank you!

Edited by Tino

Sante Sottile

The problem with the FSPXAI models is that the developer doesn't follow the SDK for P3D. It's also causing a bunch of issues with the newly released FSReborn AI Lights product and means the models are not compatible with it.

Quite sad that a payware developer cannot seem to figure out how to follow SDK, when all the freeware AI models and AIG conversions for old FS9 models work perfectly and in lines with the SDK. My guess is that this is causing the erratic behaviour mentioned in this thread for those models - I myself am well aware of the FSPXAI A380 taxiing and taking off with spoilers deployed. I'm currently in the process of reverting back to TFS models (look over on the Alpha India group forum, they have done a lot of work to convert them for P3D, incl. adding PBR and dyn lights to them) and UTT for the 787. It's a real shame, especially considering that I paid good money for the FSPXAI models and yet have to go back to freeware because it's better.

Edited by Speedbird 217

Max

i9 9900K @5GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra | 32GB Gskill 3200C14 | Palit GTX 1080Ti Super Jetstream

2x Samsung 840Evo SSD | BenQ PD3200Q 32"