Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

PTA and P3D v4.3

Do we need a compatibility update for it to work with the now released P3D v 4.3?

Eric 

4 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Do we need a compatibility update for it to work with the now released P3D v 4.3?

yepp

Carsten U

PTA2 is not compatible yet, but you could try if the Shaders are :

1 Make a backup of your modified ShadersHLSL folder in 4.2

2 Restore the 4.2 Shaders  and make a backup of the 4.2 ShadersHLSL folder

3 Uninstall 4.2 Client and reinstall 4.3 client

4 Make a backup of your default 4.3 ShadersHLSL folder

5 Copy your saved 4.2 ShadersHLSL folder into 4.3

Start P3D 4.3 and see how it looks. If it looks good than leave it as you have your modified Shaders working. If it does not look good remove the 4.2 ShadersHLSL folder and copy back the default 4.2 one

I am at work so do not have the time to test today.

Edited by GSalden
  • Like 2

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Thanks, Gerard! I may just wait to see if Matt updates PTA quickly - but this looks like a workaround worth trying for us impatient ones!

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

5 hours ago, GSalden said:

PTA2 is not compatible yet, but you could try if the Shaders are :

1 Make a backup of your modified ShadersHLSL folder in 4.2

2 Restore the 4.2 Shaders  and make a backup of the 4.2 ShadersHLSL folder

3 Uninstall 4.2 Client and reinstall 4.3 client

4 Make a backup of your default 4.3 ShadersHLSL folder

5 Copy your saved 4.2 ShadersHLSL folder into 4.3

Start P3D 4.3 and see how it looks. If it looks good than leave it as you have your modified Shaders working. If it does not look good remove the 4.2 ShadersHLSL folder and copy back the default 4.2 one

I am at work so do not have the time to test today.

Thanks for the tip. I'm confident Matt will update PTA asap. I hope he has recovered from the surgery and feels well.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Just out of curiosity when PTA does get updated...what do I do?

reinstall back up .2 shaders 

install P3D V4.3 

install update PTA

back up shaders again with the .3 shaders

reapply my PTA  preset then done?

that correct ?

Edited by paulwain

Paul Wain

27 minutes ago, paulwain said:

Just out of curiosity when PTA does get updated...what do I do?

reinstall back up .2 shaders 

install P3D V4.3 

install update PTA

back up shaders again with the .3 shaders

reapply my PTA  preset then done?

that correct ?

Correct . When PTA for 4.3 has been released this is the way.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

From what I've been reading P3Dv4.3 looks substantially different to previous versions, especially with regards to lighting and reflections, so I would suggest holding fire on shoving in the old PTA shaders and old PTA presets as they may actually looks worse. Perhaps await a few screenshots of vanilla v4.3 and see what you rekon?

• Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Thanks but I guess I'll wait for Matt. I hope he is fairly quick with an update. 

Eric 

By the way, I wonder if we'll see also get any content updates for PTA, meaning new features. It seems to be only getting compatibly updates since its release. The original developer of PTA seemed to be updating its core often. At least this is what I remember, correct me if wrong.

Edited by Daedalus

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

4 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

By the way, I wonder if we'll see also get any content updates for PTA, meaning new features. It seems to be it only getting compatibly updates since its release.

Unfortunately it seems PTA development is quite dead... still great powerful tool though. Hopefully well get an update for 4.3 at least... i wounder as a well how it will work now with the lighting/ambient changes LM did. 

Roi Ben

I'm not sure PTA development is dead ... Matt posted just a few days ago to reassure us that it's still on his radar.

**Anyway** ... I just confirmed that I'm a total update junkie. I simply can't wait to install the very latest update/patch/fix. Unsurprisingly, I went for broke and updated to P3Dv4.3.

GOOD NEWS!

Thanks to Gerard for reminding us of the shaders kludge. After only the briefest test flight, everything looks just as it did in P3Dv4.2 (PTA-wise). I haven't tried any night lighting (yet) and I haven't checked to see if any of the more complicated functions work - but my 261_03 preset appears to be behaving itself so far.

I've yet to re-install all my sky/cloud/ground textures (I use REX), so my P3D still has a little way to go graphically ... so that's next.

1) ORBX: update FTX Central and re-apply the Global Elevations (if you have FTX Global).

2) Chaseplane: seems to have updated itself pretty promptly (!!!). Works for me, anyway!

3) FSUIPC: the latest P3Dv4.2 compatible version appears to work fine.

4) PTA: Applying/editing presets won't work yet (the familiar "wrong P3D version" error), so use Gerard's tip (above).

It's great to have the old Captain Sim C-130 as a default freebie!

Adam.

39 minutes ago, Adamski_NZ said:

**Anyway** ... I just confirmed that I'm a total update junkie.

😄 LOL

Edited by roi1862

Roi Ben

Here's one with all my REX textures added:

p3dv43_a2a_p40_rangitoto_799_1350.jpg?dl

It seems a little murkier than before, so I may need to tweak my HDR values a little. Of course - it could just be the weather!!!

I used the A2A P-40 just to test whether the older/legacy WOP3 models work (they do!!).

Adam.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.