Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

PTA and P3D v4.3

Content install went smoothly then I’m assuming?  No need to reinstall aircraft or other addons in most cases?

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

5 hours ago, CaptKornDog said:

Excellent news.

I’m the schmuck who updated the 4.3 client without remembering to restore default shaders. Now everything is pretty overexposed and washed out.  Oops.

3 hours ago, FireRx said:

yeah, update , both Client, and Content, and it will install the shaders for 4.3. which you'll need anyways once Matt updates PTA. 

So I did the same on the understanding that a new client reinstall sets all the shaders to default? (However, everything does indeed look very washed out etc).

Do I need to do anything now? Or simply when the pta update comes I can apply a previous config no harm done? Is the sim currently vanilla that I can do a back up of ?

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

No changes for me with the Content update.  Weird.  Still overexposed and pretty washed out shaders, d'oh.  Guess I'm in a holding pattern until PTA is updated.  Oh well, not worth tinkering if I'm only going to change it again with PTA.

Edited by CaptKornDog

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

40 minutes ago, CaptKornDog said:

No changes for me with the Content update.  Weird.  Still overexposed and pretty washed out shaders, d'oh.  Guess I'm in a holding pattern until PTA is updated.  Oh well, not worth tinkering if I'm only going to change it again with PTA.

I'm presuming you did the *client* update as well <?>.

I switched back to the vanilla v4.3 (non-PTA) shaders and I must say I'm not impressed either. With HDR enabled and even with bloom set to zero, there's a washed out look from many angles. If you beef up saturation to compensate, it looks OK in some areas but others look lurid. Similarly - it you tweak up the HDR lightness to counter the overall "drab" quality, mid-tones are fine, but you get washed out highlights. It just doesn't look right to me - and certainly nothing like the shading and colouring I'm used to getting with PTA.

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

20 hours ago, GSalden said:

PTA2 is not compatible yet, but you could try if the Shaders are :

1 Make a backup of your modified ShadersHLSL folder in 4.2

2 Restore the 4.2 Shaders  and make a backup of the 4.2 ShadersHLSL folder

3 Uninstall 4.2 Client and reinstall 4.3 client

4 Make a backup of your default 4.3 ShadersHLSL folder

5 Copy your saved 4.2 ShadersHLSL folder into 4.3

Start P3D 4.3 and see how it looks. If it looks good than leave it as you have your modified Shaders working. If it does not look good remove the 4.2 ShadersHLSL folder and copy back the default 4.2 one

I am at work so do not have the time to test today.

I did this and so far so good! Default 4.3 looks no different as some misleading posts seem to imply in other threads. My prior shader settings look just like they did in 4.2!

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

10 hours ago, CaptKornDog said:

Excellent news.

I’m the schmuck who updated the 4.3 client without remembering to restore default shaders. Now everything is pretty overexposed and washed out.  Oops.

LOL thats happen to me

2 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

I'm presuming you did the *client* update as well <?>.

I switched back to the vanilla v4.3 (non-PTA) shaders and I must say I'm not impressed either. With HDR enabled and even with bloom set to zero, there's a washed out look from many angles. If you beef up saturation to compensate, it looks OK in some areas but others look lurid. Similarly - it you tweak up the HDR lightness to counter the overall "drab" quality, mid-tones are fine, but you get washed out highlights. It just doesn't look right to me - and certainly nothing like the shading and colouring I'm used to getting with PTA.

Adam.

that's why i m going back to 4.2,thanks for information adam

Thanks for the update Matt! Looking forward to the update.

Boy does P3D look ugly without PTA....

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

12 minutes ago, Le Français said:

Thanks for the update Matt! Looking forward to the update.

Boy does P3D look ugly without PTA....

You have been spoiled 😎

Without PTA it looks like a game ....

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I did a clean install of P3D v4.3 and it looks extremely washed out and all. I can't wait until PTA gets updated, or I may just have to try out Tomato Shade instead and see.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Do we have an eta on a pta update? 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I will not consider upgrading to 4.3 until PTA & EZDOK work. I can not sim without those essential addons. The good news for me is that ORBX, ASP4, and the GTN 750 have been updated.

It shouldn't take too much longer. I'd give it  a few days. Matt has been very good in the past with expeditious upgrades.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Good option DJ, I didn't realize the latest PTA wouldn't work with the new update and did the update. We are spoiled with PTA. P3D looks awful without it. Will not use it until the new update is available. I'm sure Matt will deliver very soon.  🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

Jay Marin

P3Dv4.3 look svery good on my system. No washed out colors and sharp as always.

My All Months preset set v13 is fully compatible with P3Dv4.3

Dusk_AURP.jpg 

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Hi,

Any chance for a link to your presets? They look very nice.

Regards,

Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.