Recommended Posts

Do we need a compatibility update for it to work with the now released P3D v 4.3?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

4 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Do we need a compatibility update for it to work with the now released P3D v 4.3?

yepp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

PTA2 is not compatible yet, but you could try if the Shaders are :

 

1 Make a backup of your modified ShadersHLSL folder in 4.2

2 Restore the 4.2 Shaders  and make a backup of the 4.2 ShadersHLSL folder

3 Uninstall 4.2 Client and reinstall 4.3 client

4 Make a backup of your default 4.3 ShadersHLSL folder

5 Copy your saved 4.2 ShadersHLSL folder into 4.3

 

Start P3D 4.3 and see how it looks. If it looks good than leave it as you have your modified Shaders working. If it does not look good remove the 4.2 ShadersHLSL folder and copy back the default 4.2 one

I am at work so do not have the time to test today.

 

 

 

Edited by GSalden
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, Gerard! I may just wait to see if Matt updates PTA quickly - but this looks like a workaround worth trying for us impatient ones!

Adam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

meh, I'll wait. hopefully it's not too long

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GSalden said:

PTA2 is not compatible yet, but you could try if the Shaders are :

 

1 Make a backup of your modified ShadersHLSL folder in 4.2

2 Restore the 4.2 Shaders  and make a backup of the 4.2 ShadersHLSL folder

3 Uninstall 4.2 Client and reinstall 4.3 client

4 Make a backup of your default 4.3 ShadersHLSL folder

5 Copy your saved 4.2 ShadersHLSL folder into 4.3

 

Start P3D 4.3 and see how it looks. If it looks good than leave it as you have your modified Shaders working. If it does not look good remove the 4.2 ShadersHLSL folder and copy back the default 4.2 one

I am at work so do not have the time to test today.

 

 

 

Thanks for the tip. I'm confident Matt will update PTA asap. I hope he has recovered from the surgery and feels well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Just out of curiosity when PTA does get updated...what do I do?

reinstall back up .2 shaders 

install P3D V4.3 

install update PTA

back up shaders again with the .3 shaders

reapply my PTA  preset then done?

that correct ?

Edited by paulwain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, paulwain said:

Just out of curiosity when PTA does get updated...what do I do?

reinstall back up .2 shaders 

install P3D V4.3 

install update PTA

back up shaders again with the .3 shaders

reapply my PTA  preset then done?

that correct ?

Correct . When PTA for 4.3 has been released this is the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I've been reading P3Dv4.3 looks substantially different to previous versions, especially with regards to lighting and reflections, so I would suggest holding fire on shoving in the old PTA shaders and old PTA presets as they may actually looks worse. Perhaps await a few screenshots of vanilla v4.3 and see what you rekon?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks but I guess I'll wait for Matt. I hope he is fairly quick with an update. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

By the way, I wonder if we'll see also get any content updates for PTA, meaning new features. It seems to be only getting compatibly updates since its release. The original developer of PTA seemed to be updating its core often. At least this is what I remember, correct me if wrong.

Edited by Daedalus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

By the way, I wonder if we'll see also get any content updates for PTA, meaning new features. It seems to be it only getting compatibly updates since its release.

Unfortunately it seems PTA development is quite dead... still great powerful tool though. Hopefully well get an update for 4.3 at least... i wounder as a well how it will work now with the lighting/ambient changes LM did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure PTA development is dead ... Matt posted just a few days ago to reassure us that it's still on his radar.

**Anyway** ... I just confirmed that I'm a total update junkie. I simply can't wait to install the very latest update/patch/fix. Unsurprisingly, I went for broke and updated to P3Dv4.3.

GOOD NEWS!

Thanks to Gerard for reminding us of the shaders kludge. After only the briefest test flight, everything looks just as it did in P3Dv4.2 (PTA-wise). I haven't tried any night lighting (yet) and I haven't checked to see if any of the more complicated functions work - but my 261_03 preset appears to be behaving itself so far.

I've yet to re-install all my sky/cloud/ground textures (I use REX), so my P3D still has a little way to go graphically ... so that's next.

1) ORBX: update FTX Central and re-apply the Global Elevations (if you have FTX Global).

2) Chaseplane: seems to have updated itself pretty promptly (!!!). Works for me, anyway!

3) FSUIPC: the latest P3Dv4.2 compatible version appears to work fine.

4) PTA: Applying/editing presets won't work yet (the familiar "wrong P3D version" error), so use Gerard's tip (above).

It's great to have the old Captain Sim C-130 as a default freebie!

Adam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Adamski_NZ said:

**Anyway** ... I just confirmed that I'm a total update junkie.

😄 LOL

Edited by roi1862

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's one with all my REX textures added:

p3dv43_a2a_p40_rangitoto_799_1350.jpg?dl

It seems a little murkier than before, so I may need to tweak my HDR values a little. Of course - it could just be the weather!!!

I used the A2A P-40 just to test whether the older/legacy WOP3 models work (they do!!).

Adam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now