Sign in to follow this  
fghdgdfdfgfgf

C'mon man!!!

I just purchased $3000  worth of new hardware and now you come out with this (4.3)?!?!?.  Man, I could run V4.3 at full max settings on my ole E8400 at stock speeds with this update!

Just got out of the PMDG 747 cockpit ....with dynamic lighting on, every light switch set to the on position at KLAX gate 112 .... and 30 fps in the cockpit?!?!?!?  ....and I got better FPS in the cockpit than the outside spot view!

C'MON MAN!

WTG guys (the crew at Lockheed) on the update!

Edited by FunknNasty
  • Like 5

Lol it had been posted in here for at least a couple weeks now that 4.3 was coming out. I think the interview was back in April about 4.3. Oh well, you are now set for v5 and the years to come. (Glass half full)

P3D v4, REX SF3D, AS16, ENVTex, PTA 2.60, FSDT KDFW, KLAS, KLAX, KORD, KJFK, KSFD, KIAH, KMEM, KCLT FlightBeam KDEN, KIAD, KPHX, KSFO, KMSP

ASUS Z97 Pro + Wifi, Intel i7 4990k 4.0GHz, EVGA NVidia 970 4GB DDR5, Corsair 16GB DDR3 2400, Samsung SSD 850 250GB, 2x Acer 32" Monitor

I don't think that was the point of his post ...

Check for irony!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, the update is like a whole new sim .....I'm overjoyed ...well, except I really do think I could've put my $3000 somewhere else now.  <g>

8 minutes ago, b757 said:

Lol it had been posted in here for at least a couple weeks now that 4.3 was coming out. I think the interview was back in April about 4.3. Oh well, you are now set for v5 and the years to come. (Glass half full)

Edited by FunknNasty

Ah, I gotcha. Well, hopefully you don't have to upgrade for a very long time again...I know it does suck having spent all that money only for a major update to be released.

P3D v4, REX SF3D, AS16, ENVTex, PTA 2.60, FSDT KDFW, KLAS, KLAX, KORD, KJFK, KSFD, KIAH, KMEM, KCLT FlightBeam KDEN, KIAD, KPHX, KSFO, KMSP

ASUS Z97 Pro + Wifi, Intel i7 4990k 4.0GHz, EVGA NVidia 970 4GB DDR5, Corsair 16GB DDR3 2400, Samsung SSD 850 250GB, 2x Acer 32" Monitor

1 hour ago, FunknNasty said:

I just purchased $3000  worth of new hardware and now you come out with this (4.3)?!?!?.  Man, I could run V4.3 at full max settings on my ole E8400 at stock speeds with this update!

Just got out of the PMDG 747 cockpit ....with dynamic lighting on, every light switch set to the on position at KLAX gate 112 .... and 30 fps in the cockpit?!?!?!?  ....and I got better FPS in the cockpit than the outside spot view!

C'MON MAN!

Same thing with KSFO.  Lol, VC is much faster than outside.  Lol.  I can deal with outside.  VC is smooth so far.  More testing tomorrow.

I am with PMDG 737, will try 777 tomorrow too

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

1 hour ago, b757 said:

Ah, I gotcha. Well, hopefully you don't have to upgrade for a very long time again...I know it does suck having spent all that money only for a major update to be released.

Sorry man ....I should'a provided a lil more context.....the situation where I claimed 30 FPS with V4.3 I was getting 5 FPS with V4.2.

36 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

Same thing with KSFO.  Lol, VC is much faster than outside.  Lol.  I can deal with outside.  VC is smooth so far.  More testing tomorrow.

I am with PMDG 737, will try 777 tomorrow too

Crazy, right!

Man, with V4.2 on rnwy 1L with the PMDG 747 I could only manage the inboards, beacon, nav and strobes to maintain 25fps.  Now, with those same settings i'm getting 50 fps!!!! that's right 50! lol

With all the lights on - inboard, outboards, rnwy turn-offs, nav, beacon, strobes, wings and logo ...I'm still over 30 fps. With V4.2 I would be lucky to hold 5 fps.

And it's not just dynamic lighting ....heck, the Orbix lighting over the LA basin is cray life like now. ...And not to mention the other benefit that comes with the improved lighting engine ...the computer now has room to actually simulate physics! 🙂

Edited by FunknNasty

2 hours ago, FunknNasty said:

Check your settings, my bet is: updating the client reverts several settings back to default...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

That sounds hopeful, I really hope performance has been noticeably improved. I'm in the process of wiping out my old P3D install and reinstalling a fresh copy of v4.3 now.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

sounds like a dream!!

i have orbx global and openlc EU, if i update the content and scenery i need to install them again?

its enough to update just the client?

thanks

Sounds promising. Will wait for the usual hype to die down. I am on v3.4 and was waiting for v5 but if people are still saying the same in a weeks time I will have to move to v4 🙂

6 hours ago, FunknNasty said:

C'MON MAN!

Its incredibly frustrating isn't it? You spend the money, expect the performance to match the outlay, and....And if your able to monitor what is happening on the CPU, you find that it is  hardly utilising 20%. I've upped my chill pill intake!

Hope you get it sorted better.

Neil.

OH!! Just read the other posts. Great! Going to update now

7 hours ago, FunknNasty said:

No, the update is like a whole new sim .....I'm overjoyed ...well, except I really do think I could've put my $3000 somewhere else now.  <g>

Edited by Sesquashtoo

1 hour ago, NeilG said:

Its incredibly frustrating isn't it? You spend the money, expect the performance to match the outlay, and....And if your able to monitor what is happening on the CPU, you find that it is  hardly utilising 20%. I've upped my chill pill intake!

Hope you get it sorted better.

Neil.

I think you missed the sarcasm.  I think he is saying that he bought a $3000 comp to get better frames etc for P3D but LM released this update which optimized the sim so he could have kept his old comp.  Since the sim would have ran better even on the old PC.  

• Like 4

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png