Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Possible to have both P3D v4.1 and 4.3 installed?

I'm currently using 4.1 and was wondering if its safe if I installed 4.3 and keeping my existing 4.1 install just incase?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Why don't you install the client only and see if you like it. Not rocket science

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Because I want to do some troubleshooting with some problems I've been having. So I need to have both installed.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

You can uninstall the 4.3. client if your have problems, and re-install the 4.1. client.

Bert

I have 4.0 4.1 4.2 now stored on my backup drive belt and braces.😀 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

13 minutes ago, officercrockey said:

Really doesn't make much sense, as you can switch between versions within 5 minutes.

Wouldn't that depend on what of 4.3 you install?

If you install the 4.3 version of Client, Content and Scenery, is it then possible to 'just uninstall the Client' and downgrade it to a lower version?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

7 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Wouldn't that depend on what of 4.3 you install?

If you install the 4.3 version of Client, Content and Scenery, is it then possible to 'just uninstall the Client' and downgrade it to a lower version?

I have never tried it but I suppose that it would work. Those changes in Content and Scenery are usually so little, that they hardly make a difference. And the new default plane will run in 4.2 as well. If you look at the changelog in the scenery-part, you will find things like: fixed elvation problem in Guam... and things like that. Nothing that makes or brakes a version.

The client is the really important thing and this you can switch really in minutes.

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

13 minutes ago, officercrockey said:

I have never tried it but I suppose that it would work. Those changes in Content and Scenery are usually so little, that they hardly make a difference. And the new default plane will run in 4.2 as well. If you look at the changelog in the scenery-part, you will find things like: fixed elvation problem in Guam... and things like that. Nothing that makes or brakes a version.

The client is the really important thing and this you can switch really in minutes.

I understand your point... but I have my doubts, that you can freely install/uninstall and mix-match between the different modules and versions as you wish.

I, for one, would be very worried about such an approach, since it can easily lead to instability and/or a corrupt installation.

Edited by Anders Bermann
  • Like 2

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

But this is already how it is. I am sure that all kind of combinations are out there. That's the whole point of offering client, content and scenery seperately. Scenery is basically nothing different than any add-on. And those you are using also, no matter if you installed them in 4.0, 4.1 or 4.3. Content are just the default planes and there is really no reason, why they should cause any problem. But yeah, if you want to be sure, you can make it the old way.

Any way... if problems might show up, you can still go the full install mode.

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

Just to answer the guy's actual question (because no one has done so yet), no, you can't have both installed at the same time.

• Upvote 1

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Thanks for the straight forward answer!

22 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Thanks for the straight forward answer!

I think what myself and others posted was straight forward. You ask so much, which is fine, but take some initiative sometimes and think about would would happen if you tried to install 2 complete versions of P3D.. Try and install 2 copies of Windows 10 on the same partition. You wouldn't get far.

Edited by ZKOKQ

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

No one is disputing what you said above. But in fairness he asked a very straightforward yes/no question and no one gave him a straight answer.

• Like 1

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

15 minutes ago, ZKOKQ said:

I think what myself and others posted was straight forward. You ask so much, which is fine, but take some initiative sometimes and think about would would happen if you tried to install 2 complete versions of P3D.. Try and install 2 copies of Windows 10 on the same partition. You wouldn't get far.

You're able to install multiple versions of other software, such as Adobe products. So I wasn't sure if you can have multiple copies of P3D. P3D is a flight sim not an Operating System. 

• Upvote 1