Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Possible to have both P3D v4.1 and 4.3 installed?

1 minute ago, captain420 said:

You're able to install multiple versions of other software, such as Adobe products. So I wasn't sure if you can have multiple copies of P3D. P3D is a flight sim not an Operating System. 

Yes, but not the same. Why on earth would you install 2 copies of Adobe PDF reader for example ? I used Windows 10 as a crude example, so don't take me for a fool.

If you were installing a different flight sim, yes, but the same sim with a 1 or 2 point difference ? You would set yourself up to fail, that is why we told you to just install the client.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Just now, ZKOKQ said:

Yes, but not the same. Why on earth would you install 2 copies of Adobe PDF reader for example ? I used Windows 10 as a crude example, so don't take me for a fool.

If you were installing a different flight sim, yes, but the same sim with a 1 or 2 point difference ? You would set yourself up to fail, that is why we told you to just install the client.

I had multiple versions of Photoshop Installed before for obvious reasons. But yeah, it's kind of obvious why you wouldn't install duplicate copies of a PDF reader. That's called common sense. However you're misunderstanding what I'm trying to accomplish here.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

11 minutes ago, captain420 said:

You're able to install multiple versions of other software, such as Adobe products. So I wasn't sure if you can have multiple copies of P3D. P3D is a flight sim not an Operating System. 

But you can't have Adobe Indesign 8.0 and Adobe Indesign 8.1 side-by-side.

You can have P3D 3.x and P3D 4.x installed without a problem.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

4 minutes ago, captain420 said:

I had multiple versions of Photoshop Installed before for obvious reasons. But yeah, it's kind of obvious why you wouldn't install duplicate copies of a PDF reader. That's called common sense. However you're misunderstanding what I'm trying to accomplish here.

Oh no, I fully understood what you were trying to accomplish. P3D is not photoshop, just like it is not an OS. Don't tell me I misunderstood,

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Uh no, you really misunderstood or else you wouldn't bother to respond. Look, if you can't help or contribute anything useful please don't respond with useless comments that add nothing to this thread.

Edited by captain420

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

2 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Uh no, you really misunderstood or else you wouldn't bother to be responding.

Whatever. I give up.

Couldn't you (theoretically) install Prepar3D v4.2 and v4.3 side-by-side, by deleting the installation registration key for v4.2 and then launching the v4.3 installation utility again? You probably need to re-name some folders (i.e C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 etc) so you can't have both sims running at the same time...

It would probably be a mess - but in theory, I suppose you could. But you could very easily (if you're not really careful) mess everything up.

Edited by Anders Bermann

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

3 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Couldn't you (theoretically) install Prepar3D v4.2 and v4.3 side-by-side, by deleting the installation registration key for v4.2 and then launching the v4.3 installation utility again? You probably need to re-name some folders (i.e C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 etc) so you can't have both sims running at the same time...

It would probably be a mess - but in theory, I suppose you could. But you could very easily (if you're not really careful) mess everything up.

That is why it was suggested to install the client Anders. But the OP wws not having a bar of that 🙂

Maybe I should have told him to go ahead and fill his boots, but then he would be asking why his registry has gone pear shape and has to contact LM to get his Lic re instated.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZKOKQ said:

That is why it was suggested to install the client Anders. But the OP wws not having a bar of that 🙂

Maybe I should have told him to go ahead and fill his boots, but then he would be asking why his registry has gone pear shape and has to contact LM to get his Lic re instated.

LOL! :biggrin:

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Hello

No you can not have minor versions of Prepar3D Installed and running side by side, Example  Prepar3D v4.x and v4.x.

You can though have major version's of Prepar3D running side by side as they can work \ live on the same machine no problem,  Example,  Prepar3D v2, v3, v4

As stated in the comments above you can test the Clients one by one if you like by simply uninstalling the current Client and then Installing the Legacy Client.  To access the Legacy Clients please sign into your Prepar3D Account,  Click the  +Legacy Client Downloads (click to expand) to reveal the Client Installers.   You will find Legacy Clients here only, v4, v4.1 and v4.2

To swap out a Client,  Follow the steps below

Navigate to your Control Panel,  Right Click on Prepar3D v4 Academic \ Professional Client,  Click Uninstall

35160873551_d5266e8e6f_o.png

This box will appear,  Click Yes to Uninstall the Client 

37363154160_1227ea54a2_o.png

You will now be given an option to "deactivate Prepar3D v4 or not "

If you are simply updating or changing the Client, You can choose “No” Your Prepar3D license will stay active, therefore you will not have to reactivate once the update is finished.

34903151030_a593f518b3_o.png

Then sign into your Prepar3D Account,  Click the  +Legacy Client Downloads (click to expand) to reveal the Client Installers.   

You will find Legacy Clients here only, v4, v4.1 and v4.2.   Make your choice,  Click to download and then Install

43021028701_c4863775be_o.png