Sign in to follow this  
Guest DLM9000

Looking for Cologne Airport Scenery (GAP2)

Guest DLM9000

I am tryng to buy German Airports 2 which contained the EDDK scenery (and others). I have searched Aerosoft's site and the web. I found a description of it in a review, but not a source to purchase it.Is German Airports 2 available for FS2004?Can I buy it as a download?Where?Lastly, are there any other good Cologne sceneries?Dennis Mitchell

Aerosoft directed me to the author of the collection a couple of months ago. He expected it will be released around August this summer as I recall.He did release a patch for GA2 FS2002 but there were still a lot of problems with it.I have the FS2004 versions of GAP 1, 3, 4 and there are great as is Mega-Frankfurt.I also have both suites of the Aerosoft French, Spanish, and Scandavian collections and all run well. All came with an airport opns document and Jepp charts both in hard copy. I also hunted down a copy of the Ballearic Islands so I'd have Palma De Mallorca, a pit stop for the schedules I mention below.If you need charts for Cologne and an updated AFCAD go to the SAG division of VATSIM in Europe. Select EDDK and you will get a wealth of resources. I also picked a well done freeware Zurich for the area.If you are a fan of real airline schedules www.hlx.com will get you a .pdf of the Hapag-Lloyd Express one and on the Air Berlin site a .pdf schedule for them. I use the PMDG 600/700/800/900 and along with the scenery mentioned I've simulated some great roughly 2 hour leg flights around Europe. With UT2 I do not need static aircraft that come with the Aerosoft sceneries.I also acquired from Aerosoft Austrian Airports 1 which the just resell, not package, and which I have minimal experience with. It is not quite up to the level of the Aerosoft releases but still very good. Plates are included as well.I hope my extended answer gives you some interesting ideas.

Guest DLM9000

This is great information.I am trying to simulate the Cologne to Cagliari route. I am using the PMDG 737-800WL, hlx.com/Cagliari repaint from the library. I got the Cagliari Scenery from the library.Do you know of a good Cologne(EDDK) scenery?Interesting Link for GAP2 for FS2004. I am nor sure about if it is really for FS2004.Dennis Mitchell